Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- According to former WWE creative team member John Piermarini, Vince McMahon is high on Skip Sheffield and sees him as potentially the #2 babyface in the company after John Cena.

- A quote from Piermarini came out yesterday talking about how Vince McMahon doesn't see John Morrison as a main event babyface because McMahon doesn't feel Morrison could win a real fight. Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer talked about a similar story he heard regarding McMahon and Morrison. Around the period Morrison and Melina were dating, Melina supposedly hooked up with Batista. According to Meltzer, the story is that McMahon lost respect for Morrison when Morrison wouldn't at least challenge Batista to a real fight.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
"What's that Hornswoggle? You don't want to fight Brock Lesnar in the parking lot? YOU'REEEEEE FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRED!"

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Supposing that this is true, I don't blame him at all for not being high on Morrison, albeit for different reasons. Liking Skip Sheffield to that extent is completely asenine, though.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
LOL I honestly find this story about Morrison and Vince to be true for real. I honestly do believe that Vince would be like that, lol. But uh this whole Skip Sheffield thing??? So basically he sees Skip being even more popular than Orton??? Hmmmm.....

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well, to be fair, any other wrestler in the company would be more over than Orton if you gave them the exact same forced 5 year push.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Oh yeah that's a no brainer. But I wasn't speaking more about Orton as much as I was his popularity. Skip Sheffield rivaling Cena for pops at shows??? SKIP SHEFFIELD???? I just can't see it.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Well we all know Vince has some kind of love for (you know what? I'm gonna quote Jersey Shore here) Juiceheads and Gorillas. Skip Sheffield obviously fits that bill.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Morrison is a gymnast, Sheffield is a bloke. No wonder Vince prefers Sheffield, who wants to watch a gymnast fight?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Reactions: darnok

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
That doesn't make sense, wrestlers aren't real fighters, they are pro wrestlers. He lost respect for Morrison because he didn't challenge Batista to a real fight? I highly doubt that's true.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Skip Sheffield could benefit tremendously from a name change and a big push. The guy is huge, intimidating, and believable in the role of a legit ass-kicker. Casual fans aren't going to look at him like a joke. He fits the role.

Sheffield was impressive in the SummerSlam elimination tag match last year. He worked very well as the enforcer for Nexus. Again, he has a presence that can't really be explained. I remember thinking that when everyone was jumping all over Tarver's nuts, for the idea that he looked scary. Skip has the same effect, albeit with the added benefit of about 100 pounds of lean muscle mass on top of that.

Yes, Vince likes his muscleheads. But there's also a good reason for that. Vince knows that history shows that people will PAY good money to see those muscleheads at the top of the card. It's not 100%, but it's been successful way too many times to just ignore. Sheffield is built like a tank, and the casual audience will react to that with awe and intrigue.

Again, if they give Skip the right push (like Goldberg, Lesnar, or Diesel), and you've got a guy that will sell some tickets. People are generally more inclined to pay to see supercharged, musclebound powerhouses than armbars and leglocks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts