Wrestling Forum banner

Vince gave us what we wanted last year, now he’s doing what HE wants

3268 Views 41 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  CHAMPIONSHIPS
Seen a tweet that mentioned this and it’s so true. Last year at Mania, almost every fan wanted to see Becky, Rollins and Kofi win the gold and that’s exactly what happened. Vince gave us what we wanted. Fast forward to not even a month later, and the majority of fans who wanted that, were now bitching about the same three people and how awful they were. People seemed to turn on Kofi/Becky/Seth so quickly.

So I think Vince is now just basically in “fuck you” mode. We all know his obsession with Reigns, Brock and Goldberg. So he will do things he wants, and honestly can you kind of blame him? Because he knows either way, fans are fickle and will shit on whatever he does, so he may as well go with what he wanted all along. I don’t agree with what happened to Wyatt, but I see why he did it.
See less
Seen a tweet that mentioned this and it’s so true. Last year at Mania, almost every fan wanted to see Becky, Rollins and Kofi win the gold and that’s exactly what happened. Vince gave us what we wanted. Fast forward to not even a month later, and the majority of fans who wanted that, were now bitching about the same three people and how awful they were. People seemed to turn on Kofi/Becky/Seth so quickly.

So I think Vince is now just basically in “fuck you” mode. We all know his obsession...
See more
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· The House of Black Always Wins.
21,031 Posts
who was bitching about Becky, Rollins, and Kofi a month later? Other than the same 20 people on wrestlingforum.com?
This. 95% of the audience didn't turn on them. It was just 1/4 of the IWC. And they were VERY local so it distorts your view. Rollins was a different case because of booking. Not entirely his fault. Becky is still very much over and popular right now.

· Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who was bitching about Becky, Rollins, and Kofi a month later? Other than the same 20 people on wrestlingforum.com?
Not literally a month but you get my point. Every thread on here about Kofi was how he was devaluing the title and his reactions died post mania. They literally had to turn Seth heel because everyone was booing. And Becky, while still over, became really stale quickly to a lot of fans. Just look here at the amount of people now saying they’d rather have Goldberg/Brock/Reigns, do you’d have think they’d have said that this time last year? I don’t

· Registered
4,893 Posts
Not literally a month but you get my point. Every thread on here about Kofi was how he was devaluing the title and his reactions died post mania. They literally had to turn Seth heel because everyone was booing. And Becky, while still over, became really stale quickly to a lot of fans. Just look here at the amount of people now saying they’d rather have Goldberg/Brock/Reigns, do you’d have think they’d have said that this time last year? I don’t
The only people complaining about becky and kofi are the same 20 people on this website. I'm sure most wrestling and wwe fans enjoyed their runs and want to see wwe do more of that.

· Banned
6,921 Posts
But the reason he put the belt on Goldberg is because he believes that Goldberg and Reigns is a bigger match than Reigns and Wyatt, especially with Wrestlemania lacking that real star presence at the moment

Drew vs Brock? He's pushing Drew because Drew actualy got over and there aren't really any other options for Lesnar at the moment unless you count Owens

· NBA
7,087 Posts
Don't recall Becky being hated by crowds one month after her push... nor 8 months later, either. Kofi also manged to stay liked by crowds for the most part. They simply didn't react when Brock squashed him (though people rarely react to squashes unless the one getting mopped around is specially hated anyway), but dont recall him getting hated at shows. Seth.. yeah, he became hated around Autumn, but that's only 1 out of the 3 you mentioned.

Also, fans aren't a monolithic hivemind, so they aren't always going to agree whom to support.

· Premium Member
15,136 Posts
Except people wanted Beck vs Ronda 1 on 1. I was "okay" with Charlotte in it because she had a great 2018 and the match was actually written for her before Becky got hot, so I kind of sympathized with her, but still, the majority wanted Ronda/Becky 1 on 1, especially after the first segment between them. Many people HATED what transpired, just check the Becky forum and see how many users left because they were hated it, it got the most disliked video ever on youtube, he gave us the end result we wanted of Becky winning (but not really, people wanted Ronda to tap 1 on 1).
So no, fuck him, he didn't give us "what we wanted".

Seth's boos are all because fans didn't like what he said about Dean, and then beat a red hot Wyatt in the stupidest fashion, and kept making stupid remarks on Twitter. The guy's performance had nothing to do with it, in fact, watching SummerSlam 2019 going from booed to cheered hero in 15min vs Lesnar was great. Plus, Seth is a HHH guy, so it was 2 birds in one stone for Vince.

On Kofi, well, I feel at this point Vince didn't have any plans for Mania yet, Kofi got over, KofiaMania started happening, and since Vince was already giving out 2 results he didn't want, he said fuck it and let Kofi win.

And btw, clean your ears cause everyone cause Becky is the most damn over star on the roster. Fact.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
This is an incredibly BAD take.
Vince doesn't do what the hardcore wrestling fans wants. He does what is 'best for business' and apparently the old timers stomping the youngins are consistently best for business.

What was best for business last year was Becky going over Ronda, capitalizing on the Kofi momentum (since they had no one else to go to), and trying to catch fire with Rollins.

· Registered
11,477 Posts
This is an incredibly BAD take.
Vince doesn't do what the hardcore wrestling fans wants. He does what is 'best for business' and apparently the old timers stomping the youngins are consistently best for business.

What was best for business last year was Becky going over Ronda, capitalizing on the Kofi momentum (since they had no one else to go to), and trying to catch fire with Rollins.
He sometimes does and he sometimes doesn't. There were times where Roman DIDN'T need to always be the guy to get the coronation at Mania year after year. There were years where other guys were hotter than him or did better merch than him. Charlotte has never proven to do anything for business yet she's still treated like she's the shit (any number of women could have won the Royal Rumble and produced the same numbers she's drawn for her segments on RAW and NXT. I won't even go into her non-existent merchandise sales)

I think if there are people who are INCREDIBLY more over than his chosen people he may change plans. But if nobody is hot going into Mania (like how it is this year), then he'll do his plan or grab them old timers to pop a pulse.

· Registered
6,473 Posts
The main difference this year is they’re on Fox and the Network/ PPVs will be sold off to a larger platform.

This could mean they’re going to pivot towards appealing to the casuals again, which I personally would much prefer than the niche, smark pandering of recent years.

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,883 Posts
Well yeah, to be fair Vince did give most us what they wanted last year and it turned out to be one of the shittiest years in the history of Pro Wrestling. We've had a year now of Seth and Becky stinking the joint up.

· Banned
5,126 Posts

So I think Vince is now just basically in “fuck you” mode. We all know his obsession with Reigns, Brock and Goldberg. So he will do things he wants, and honestly can you kind of blame him? Because he knows either way, fans are fickle and will shit on whatever he does, so he may as well go with what he wanted all along. I don’t agree with what happened to Wyatt, but I see why he did it.
The thing you're missing in this understanding of what has happened is that you're blaming the wrestlers like Becky and Kofi for having lackluster runs, and then you're blaming the fans for turning on these people. This is SO wrong. Look at AEW. Cody, who's not even the champion, is arguably involved in the most compelling stories in wrestling right now. You're going to tell me that Kofi had the same love and support in his stories from Vince and his army of writers as Cody gets?

Becky Lynch (obviously) has the tools and talent to be super over as the female stone cold. In fact it's REMARKABLE that she got as over as she has with WWE's shit pile creative. Imagine if Becky was in a company that had the creative approach of something like an AEW which could properly strap the rocket to her and get her properly over.

Vince doesn't want to do what AEW does. He doesn't want to put in the hard work of telling good stories correctly. His entire culture over at WWE is so ass-backward that they arguably can't anymore. Even my beloved NXT is NOT a story-heavy promotion.

· Premium Member
61,281 Posts
100000% true and I'm loving it.

Forget this place, read Twitter. Fans are idiots. They get what they want and they still nitpick and bitch and moan every step of the way because they have nothing else better to do and take their frustrations from their lousy lives out on others.

Vince is now taking a gigantic shit on those fans, giving us trash in the top spots at WM this year and I'm loving the fuck out of it. I hope Vince continues to shit on the fans for the rest of the year. It's much deserved. Now he's going to give the fans something to truly whine about. Can't wait to see the whining and moaning in just a few months from now. It's going to be glorious.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.