Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
– Former SmackDown Live commentator Mauro Ranallo made his debut as the lead NXT commentator at this week’s NXT TV tapings in Winter Park, Florida at Full Sail University. Before the tapings started, Triple H walked out to the stage and introduced Ranallo, who received a big pop from the fans.

Welcome Back, Mauro.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Best case scenario. He gets to work with the cool kids, in the dream company for him, working for Trips who is the closest thing the WWE seems to have to an ideal boss. "The Bi Polar rock n roller!" is an incredible nick name.

·
Blue collar boys do it with our hands muddied.
1,196 Posts
NXT seems like a much better fit for Mauro anyway. Good to see him back.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Didn't it turn out that Ranallo left not because of JBL but because he couldn't stand Vince shouting in his ear micromanaging every word he said on commentary? A complaint we've heard from plenty of guys over the years. I'm guessing Vince has no real involvement with NXT which would make since given what usually happens to the top NXT stars when they go to NXT. Either way NXT is the best part about WWE, it has been for the last few years and I'm looking forward to some "Mamma-Mia" on future Takeovers.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Great to see him back, however it's just a colossal waste of money for the company in a business sense.

HHH's vanity project to appease the indy fan base continues.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
MAMMA MIA!

Does this mean the issues between him and JBL were blown out of proportion?
Ironically, JBL was innocent this time. Ranallo quit because of McMahon yelling into his headset. Its the same reason why Foley quit the broadcaster position.

- Vic

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
I'm glad he's back as well.

Does this mean the issues between him and JBL were blown out of proportion?
Well if that was the case they'd be working together again having tea and biscuits.

But that doesnt mean the two cannot mend bridges. Still wouldnt change how much I hate JBL though.

Also he is away from the ear blasting of Vince so double awesome. At least we wont have Vince yelling at him to say "mamma mia" for the 8th time in an hour lol :)

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Best case scenario. He gets to work with the cool kids, in the dream company for him, working for Trips who is the closest thing the WWE seems to have to an ideal boss. "The Bi Polar rock n roller!" is an incredible nick name.
He made a joke/mockery out of an affliction that an individual has been living and struggling with for decades. Fans like you think that it's cool.

I just dont understand wrestling fans sometimes.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He made a joke/mockery out of an affliction that an individual has been living and struggling with for decades. Fans like you think that it's cool.

I just dont understand wrestling fans sometimes.
Triple H didn't create the nickname,It is his nickname and Mauro himself looks happy and fine with it.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,873 Posts
I'm glad he's back. Maybe he can make the characters feel better in NXT. The wrestlers need to get over but they can get over easier if there's good play-by-play announcer who can make them matter.

I can't f.e take Cole seriously on RAW when he spends half of the matches talking about something unrelated to the match. If your lead play-by-play announcer doesn't give a shit, why should we?

This is good decision for Mauro and NXT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.