Wrestling Forum banner

Vickie Guerrero as Permanent GM of RAW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shes a great worker hell yeah,But becoming Manager will be annoying and will become OTT. She can just hang with group right now

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
She been a great GM before, but I think they should try something new. Let Johnny Ace run with the ball for a bit. If he falls to garner heat, let Vickie be hired as his assistant or something.

A bit off-topic, but I can just throw this out their and say Vickie is one of the best heels of our generation. In this day and age, it's hard to be truly hated by every body. The kids, the casual fans and the IWC all seem to hate this woman. She's doing her job right.

·
Asuka
96,244 Posts
She been a great GM before, but I think they should try something new. Let Johnny Ace run with the ball for a bit. If he falls to garner heat, let Vickie be hired as his assistant or something.

A bit off-topic, but I can just throw this out their and say Vickie is one of the best heels of our generation. In this day and age, it's hard to be truly hated by every body. The kids, the casual fans and the IWC all seem to hate this woman. She's doing her job right.
Actually, no. Doing your job right gets you cheered as a heel in this day and age, because kayfabe is dead and people see through your performance. CM Punk is a good example of that. Vickie is doing her job wrong and she gets booed because nobody wants her on tv. Vickie is like LaGuerta on Dexter, she's the character that doesn't have to do anything to piss people off because the fact that she exists is enough. The only reason she's even on tv is because Eddie died.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Yeah, no fucking thank you. Raw is terrible enough as it is, we don't need the worst on air personality in wrestling history to be getting even more air time.
No, Pyro, that would be ADR.

I think it's hilarious, though, that you think good heels should be measured by how many cheers they get. :lmao

·
Asuka
96,244 Posts
No, Pyro, that would be ADR.

I think it's hilarious, though, that you think good heels should be measured by how many cheers they get. :lmao
ADR is fantastic, and when I said "on air personality", I probably should've clarified better but I meant non wrestlers.

I don't think a good heel is measured by how many cheers they get, I'm just saying, in THIS day and age, if somebody is an amazing heel, they usually get cheered, because the fans think to themselves that they're doing a fantastic job and they start cheering them. 20 years ago, CM Punk would've been booed out of the building as a heel, but everybody cheered for him during this run. It has nothing to do with being a "bad heel" and it has everything to do with people cheering for good performances because that's all that's left. Kayfabe is DEAD, that's why John Cena is the first major babyface to get booed. He isn't doing anything different than any other top babyface, but he gets the shit because everybody's been exposed to the business.

Vickie is not a good heel, she's somebody who has NO right to be on television. I could go onto Raw, be as obknoxious and annoying as Vickie and get just as much heat. Hell, I love Cole, I think he's astonishingly funny, but people don't boo the piss out of him because he's a good heel, they do it because he ruins their enjoyment of the show. Now I view him differently than most of the people, but I can still admit that he's more of a nuisance than a great villain.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Actually, no. Doing your job right gets you cheered as a heel in this day and age, because kayfabe is dead and people see through your performance. CM Punk is a good example of that. Vickie is doing her job wrong and she gets booed because nobody wants her on tv. Vickie is like LaGuerta on Dexter, she's the character that doesn't have to do anything to piss people off because the fact that she exists is enough. The only reason she's even on tv is because Eddie died.
Kayfabe is not completely dead. For Vickie's case it's not. What fun would WWE be if everyone got cheered?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
People need to understand the art of a good heel.

A good heel isn't one that just gets the loudest boos, it's the one that gets the crowd to boo them but be entertained in the process and to tune in next week to see their ass get kicked. Vickie Guerrero doesn't do that, you just instantly want to change the channel when she comes on the screen.

The logic of saying the more boos means the better heel is absolutely laughable. I don't have a problem with Vickie in the minor roles on RAW but if she gets the air time she used to on Smackdown it's just going to instantly put me off RAW and I'm sure it will do to many others too.
The logic of

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
So a personality whos beyond over with the audience, gets insane negative reactions literally everytime, shouldnt play the role of your typical heel authority figure?

Ummmmmm..has this website turned into fucken bizarro world??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts