Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 things.

Not to be an ass but totally gonna be one. Does anyone listen to her podcast? I mean there's so many to listen to she's on the bottom of the list for me. Havent heard one episode.

But if this true cmon WWE stop being dicks. Do you feel betrayed ot something? Like an ex girlfriend who's jealous your dating someone... 10 years after the break up or however long Vickie hasn't worked regularly with WWE. Real petty.

Oh you went to do this ONE THING with AEW? Your on our blacklist now and no longer have access to our talent.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,779 Posts
2 things.

Not to be an ass but totally gonna be one. Does anyone listen to her podcast? I mean there's so many to listen to she's on the bottom of the list for me. Havent heard one episode.

But if this true cmon WWE stop being dicks. Do you feel betrayed ot something? Like an ex girlfriend who's jealous your dating someone... 10 years after the break up or however long Vickie hasn't worked regularly with WWE. Real petty.

Oh you went to do this ONE THING with AEW? Your on our blacklist now and no longer have access to our talent.
Other people were on AEW as well (Bret etc.), so I doubt this is the real problem. Vliet interviews people from AEW and WWE, etc.
I guess there were some problems with her and WWE and this way she can sell it better by making herself a victim of WWE (and bringing in AEW).
(I can even imagine, that a few people seriously tried to blackmail Vince with AEW and he didn`t bit and ghosted them afterwards. Vince is an as...le, but he is not the only one.)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
“They didn’t call me for two years,” she added. “What did they expect me to do? Just to sit here and wait for them to call so I could do some work? I love wrestling. I love to work in the ring. And if someone is giving me an opportunity to go and show up and have some fun, then I should be able to because I’m not obligated to anybody.”
I mean to be fair, she's not wrong. She wants to work, WWE didn't call, AEW did. WWE has this weird mindset of once anyone works for them, they should always work for them. It's a fucking weird mindset to have.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Booker T appear on AEW show then next day he was commentating the Royal Rumble match?
He did Chris Jericho's Rock 'N' Wrestling Rager at Sea(which Chris is an AEW talent and is working with AEW, but he wasn't on an AEW Show.)

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I don’t know what Vickie expected. The only reason she has any notoriety at all is because of the platform WWE gave her, and if she decides she wants to advertise the competition, I don’t know why she would expect WWE talent to be available to her.

Can you imagine if Gene Okerlund had a podcast in 1995? Do you think WWF talent would be appearing on it?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I mean to be fair, she's not wrong. She wants to work, WWE didn't call, AEW did. WWE has this weird mindset of once anyone works for them, they should always work for them. It's a fucking weird mindset to have.
Vince is from that time period where employers basically treat their employees like slaves. He’d rather have employees that are too scared of his wrath to ever consider going to another company than employees who love working for him so much that they would never consider leaving the company.

Not gonna say its wrong because it’s obviously worked for him but it sure does create a toxic work environment

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I could understand if Vickie was one of their official interviewers or something like that where she would appear most weeks and be associated with the brand. But a one time appearance on Dark is silly to get upset about. Bret presented their world title on a PPV and we know he will be around whenever they want him for WWE. Just petty from Vince.

·
Registered
20,848 Posts
I mean this isn't surprising given its them. The real question is are the folk upset with WWE being mean to her going to support her? I mean show then she'll get support despite them.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I'm not defending WWE as anything other than a shitty entity, don't get me wrong -- but there is a difference between Vickie Guerrero and giant stars who made their names in wrestling. Yes, I know the meme is that Vince thinks everything begins and ends with WWE, but Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time, so if he's taking pay-days from people, Vince isn't going to get as upset as when someone he, in his mind, gave a charity job to, uses that to promote the other guys. Vickie's not changing the tide, so Vince is gonna say "fuck ya." And later on he may not care. But this is like how The Bucks don't understand how them starting AEW is different to AJ Styles jumping to WWE. Vickie Guerrero wanting to have her cake and eat it too in a business that she wasn't really in until Vince gave her that thankless role is very different from Bret Hart or Booker T making a bit of coin off names they've somewhat established themselves.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I'm not defending WWE as anything other than a shitty entity, don't get me wrong -- but there is a difference between Vickie Guerrero and giant stars who made their names in wrestling. Yes, I know the meme is that Vince thinks everything begins and ends with WWE, but Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time, so if he's taking pay-days from people, Vince isn't going to get as upset as when someone he, in his mind, gave a charity job to, uses that to promote the other guys. Vickie's not changing the tide, so Vince is gonna say "fuck ya." And later on he may not care. But this is like how The Bucks don't understand how them starting AEW is different to AJ Styles jumping to WWE. Vickie Guerrero wanting to have her cake and eat it too in a business that she wasn't really in until Vince gave her that thankless role is very different from Bret Hart or Booker T making a bit of coin off names they've somewhat established themselves.
So because Vickie is a lesser name than the others you mentioned, Vince has a right to be MORE upset by her working with the competition than he would be if it was one of the bigger names. Makes perfect sense. Not.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
So because Vickie is a lesser name than the others you mentioned, Vince has a right to be MORE upset by her working with the competition than he would be if it was one of the bigger names. Makes perfect sense. Not.
Yes, it does. It’s more annoying when someone without any real name value cashes in on what you built them. It is far more “ungrateful.” This is a forgotten element when it comes to why New Japan is so pissed off when it comes to Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks too.

Vince is not likely going around upturning furniture over this. He’s probably thinking “Well, she picked her team. Screw her if she thinks we’re going to help her independent business.”

This is a massive deal to Vickie Guerrero and not anybody else. You don’t jump to go and sleep with the enemy.

If you gave someone a job that made them famous, and then they went and worked for your rival competitor, having a laugh and taking their hand-outs, but then wanted you to keep supporting them, what would you say?

Imagine if, hypothetically, Steven Richards appeared on AEW and cut a promo about how AEW is the best professional wrestling company in the world. Then he starts sooking because WWE won’t sign him to a new deal. Yeah...

She isn’t important to WWE enough to warrant special treatment. That’s not a knock on her personally, I just don’t get why people are baffled by this.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Big difference between a Bret Hart and Vicky Guerrero. Bret is one of the biggest wrestling names of all time, Vince would probably swallow his pride and pay him millions on a legend contract to keep him from AEW no matter what he did. Sting too!

DDP on the other hand is probably banned for life for appearing on AEW so many times :lol

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
That doesn't make a lick of sense but that's petty WWE for you.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts