1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I enjoyed the Savage/Liz episode and the Brody one. Especially the Brody one. Had no clue about the angle of Brody buying Gorilla Monsoon's shares in the WWC. And Abdullah lying about the meeting is weird. I've got an uneasy feeling about the whole thing.

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
I saw the Brody one. Really good stuff.

And I've seen a few Brody documentaries and I wondered if this one was worth the time. It absolutely is. They got Brody's wife, his son, Tony Atlas, Abdulah, Dutch Mantel, even freaking Mick Foley to narrate the thing.

They had great info and detail. They had some nice pictures. They had actors shown in a dark room reenacting the scenes as they happened in real life.

Great stuff. I'll have to watch the Macho Man/Miss Elizabeth one later.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Watched the Brodie episode. Very well done — this isn’t your usual fanboi YouTube video: highly produced, has a budget and went to the real sources to get material.

Probably should have mentioned that Dutch went back to PR for many years as a booker in Colon’s territory, which included Invader Gonzalez as like a senior Vice President. So he did business with them after all this went down.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
I'm fairly familiar with Brody but loved the documentary. A shame that they don't focus on his wrestling career that much. The Macho Man/Liz was very well done as well. Also lol at Hogan shitting on Vice when they offered him to be on it.

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts
The first two episodes were really great. Especially the Brody one. Atlas is a great storyteller, and it was great hearing Abby's side of things too.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The Brody murder isn't unsolved. They know he was murdered by Hose Gonzalez. The Puerto Rican police and court system purposely rigged the investigation to find Gonzalez innocent. They don't care if a white guy was murdered, since Gonzalez was one of their own. The Puerto Rican government has a long history of racism and covering up for criminals who are Puerto Rican, when the victim is white, or basically anyone who isn't Puerto Rican.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
It's funny cause when you listen to guys like Hall, Nash, and Hebner all say it was a work they sound very convincing. Especially Hall when he's watching the footage, the whole thing was produced to a T.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It's funny cause when you listen to guys like Hall, Nash, and Hebner all say it was a work they sound very convincing. Especially Hall when he's watching the footage, the whole thing was produced to a T.
Something came out in the Owen Hart court case that proved it was a shoot. Or a work. But I remember that court case settled it one way or the other. I don't remember now, that case was a long time ago, maybe 20 years.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Anyone know how to watch the Macho Man episode? I’m from Canada and the Vice website will let me play all the episodes except that one. I don’t have a VPN either. If someone could send a link that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
The Brody ending where Abby is watching an old match on TV and he's crying/cackling/spazzing out is the weirdest shit I've seen in ahwile. Holy shit.

Also fuck the PR "justice" system. Gonzalez should've been punished for what he did and shame on Dutch for doing business with them after that. Just a carny being a carny.

And big props to Tony Atlas. A real man and a genuine human being.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts