Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It looks like a documentary on Chris Benoit is on the way and it will air on Vice in the near future as part of the “Dark Side of the Ring” series.

Nancy Benoit’s sister posted clip from a home video that shows her with Nancy and Chris. The clip was later retweeted by Chris Jericho, who was one of Chris and Nancy’s best friends.

Toffoloni appeared on Chris Jericho’s podcast in 2016 to give a rare interview about Benoit to talk about what she thinks happened when he killed himself after he murdered wife Nancy and son Daniel.

During the podcast, she says she started to see changes in Chris around the time he won the World Championship at WrestleMania XX in 2004 and, perhaps, the pressure of being a celebrity was affecting him as his popularity was at an all-time high. She noted that this was around the time when Chris would start to get paranoid and he would take alternate routes to get home.

She did not discount that his concussion history may have played a part in the murder-suicide but she also noted that the deaths of Eddie Guerrero, Johnny Grunge and Ray Traylor took their toll on him and he always seemed to be grieving. She added that both Nancy and Chris were self medicating around this time.

Another thing mentioned in the interview were the issues between Chris and Nancy. She says Nancy got a restraining order at one point but they ended up working things out.

As most of you know, Chris killed Nancy in June 2007 on the weekend of the “WWE Vengeance: Night of Champions” pay-per-view. The autopsy report states that the murders happened over the course of a couple of days with Nancy being murdered on Friday and Daniel being murdered on Saturday. The belief is that Chris killed himself on Sunday on the night of the pay-per-view.

Toffoloni’s perspective on everything and her knowledge about Chris and Nancy’s relationship leading up to the fateful weekend should be one of the strong parts of the documentary. No word yet on when this will air.

Vice has also been workin on a documentary on the murder of Dino Bravo, who was murdered gangland style in 1993, just one year after he was released by the World Wrestling Federation. Adrian Adonis’ death and the WWF Brawl For All tournament are other topics that the documentary filmmakers have talked about getting into for future episodes.

Here is a home video clip posted by Nancy’s sister of Chris and Nancy.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
I hope I don't get choked up watching this. I think I'll hang in there though.
it's gonna get killed in the ratings

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,406 Posts
'Dark Side of the Ring' is a great series with an unbiased view one way or the other. I love how they use actors to help provide visuals, especially in the Montreal Screwjob one.

I was honestly surprised the Benoit story wasn't in the first season.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'll definitely be watching this. One thing I see a lot of people say is how they feel uncomfortable nowadays when they see a Benoit match or they just don't watch them at all. Is it weird that since his death I don't feel uncomfortable at all watching his matches or is it weird that I still love watching his matches?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'll definitely be watching this. One thing I see a lot of people say is how they feel uncomfortable nowadays when they see a Benoit match or they just don't watch them at all. Is it weird that since his death I don't feel uncomfortable at all watching his matches or is it weird that I still love watching his matches?
No, those people are just snowflakes that can’t separate entertainment from a real life that doesn’t even impact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Not weird at all bro, entirely up to you what you do. What would be weird is if you think he did nothing wrong.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Time for a Doc on Vice the company and their brainwashing company

I hope this doc is actually good tho, We need like new stuff not crap we have seen before

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Time for a Doc on Vice the company and their brainwashing company

I hope this doc is actually good tho, We need like new stuff not crap we have seen before
Lol brainwashing company! Hilarious. Please tell us more?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Dated someone who worked @ Vice, I have never seen someone more brainwashed
in my life lol
was hoping you'd have stories amounting to this

1 - 20 of 139 Posts