Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If WWE brought in superstars and gave them offensive gimmicks do you think you'd like them or hate them.

For example... If WWE brought in a 6'6 280 massively muscular white superstar and all he did for weeks was attack black superstars and injure them, he never does a promo though or makes his intentions clear.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ask Cryme Tyme how far offensive gimmicks got em.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I wasn't offended, but Muhammad Hassan was an offensive gimmick.
I'm quite sure that Hassan started as a serious gimmick that played on the ignorance of the American fans, or any anti-Muslim fans.

I think that, eventually the WWE realised that it would be even more controversial to change the gimmick from 100% correct but hated because he's different, to 100% fucking terrorist.

Which yea was a bad turn.

Anyway, personally I don't get offended by any gimmicks, I'm not that kind of person. I see it as fake, it's not real, keep going. Maybe racism, because I just really fucking hate racism, but other than that I don't think anything else is bad.

note:
Racism is the only real unacceptable one (or basically blind hate on X person because X person is different somehow) because even though WWE is clearly fake, teaching kids racism from a gimmick is going to happen, rather than teaching kids how to die and come alive and win 20 times at Wrestlemania, if you know what I mean.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,646 Posts
I'm not offended by any gimmick in the world. It's all OK, while it's done just for entertainment. (and as long as I'm entertained by that)

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Nation of Domination. If white people did that, well, RACIST!

That and pretty much anything that is pro gangster rap, I get enough songs about raping women on the radio, no need to shove it down my throat.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Well then, wouldn't it be about killing each other with their "gats?"
Depends on the rapper. Most are fine with talking about killing their mother (Eminem, for example), some prefer indicating they prostitue women (50 Cent).

Still a very uneducated generalisation.
Also it's not the point of the topic so we should probably move along...
Okay, so next time, don't jump down my throat. And feel free to link me to a song (via PM if you wish) of a family friendly, positive gangster rapper, please.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts