Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to watch Impact for the first time in about 2 years and I was very impressed with the show. High quality matches with good times and very talented wrestlers. The only problems I still have with them is the production value of the backstage segments, and three quarters of the music is generic. Other than that I was pleased with the show and will be watching weekly. Looking forward to see what Aries decides and see what this AJ/Dixie secret is as I obviously have no idea.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am looking forward to the BFG series, it's a good concept.
It would be better if it were not main event guys though.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Russo loses power and then quits. During this time matches get an adequate amount of time, suitible to what the match is trying to achieve. Before it seemed like every match ended in either: interference, distration, ref bump, weapon shot or other complication. Now we're not getting a run-in after every match or pointless character change every other week.

It's no coincidence. Although he had the right idea in the late 90's for the crazy world of WWE, he is a cancer on promotions based outside of New York. He quits and the show becomes gradually critically better.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Agree that TNA has been outstanding from a booking/writing standpoint since Russo was fired. Even Hogan isn't that bad anymore and comes in and does a small part and gets wrestlers over. His work with guys like Roode and Aries has been great. And it was funny when he called AJ Styles a son of a bitch for seemingly no reason lol.

·
All Out
2,803 Posts
I am looking forward to the BFG series, it's a good concept..
I'm still hoping Robbie E was just a placement holder this week truth be told. All others seem like legit possible contenders (some are promising stars of the future, some are already credible main eventers , Robbie E is just...IDK I'd say upper-mid card at best but, I feel like that would be bigger than he is though - he's a jobber, and I'm hoping they run like a one month injury angle to get him out of it and be replaced by Anderson or someone but other than that I'm content with the Series participants). Good show last night. And to the OP's knock on the backstage segments, I used to agree but they've grown on me, as I've finally been watching TNA again as of April this year - while the backstage segments are different (reality TV style instead of a traditional backstage wrestling segment), I'm more accepting of them after watching them play out, they seem to work for TNA at the moment (as something DIFFERENT, a GOOD thing in wrestling IMO). It's like they are using the reality TV buzz that will exist for probably at
least another decade and capitalizing on it (what other reality TV show do you see where when shit gets intense they end up actually having a sanctioned fight/match after?).... Back on point, good show last night - and a good start to the build towards their next PPV, as well as a good hook for next week (being the FIRST LIVE OFN) IMO. Keep it up TNA...

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
They've got my attention again and in a good way. I hope they keep it up!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And to the OP's knock on the backstage segments, I used to agree but they've grown on me, as I've finally been watching TNA again as of April this year - while the backstage segments are different (reality TV style instead of a traditional backstage wrestling segment), I'm more accepting of them after watching them play out, they seem to work for TNA at the moment (as something DIFFERENT, a GOOD thing in wrestling IMO). It's like they are using the reality TV buzz that will exist for probably at
least another decade and capitalizing on it (what other reality TV show do you see where when shit gets intense they end up actually having a sanctioned fight/match after?)
It's not the actual segments I don't like, just I don't see the need for multi camera setups in those segments, makes it seem too much like a soap show rather than a "real" segment.

·
LOOK AT THE ADJECTIVE
1,084 Posts
I used to browse this forum a lot and watch TNA every week between 2009-the height of the Russo era. 2009 and some of 2010 was brilliant, but most of 2011 was horrendous.

Now, I'm back watching it again... I'm genuinely enjoying it. It feels new and fresh, (mostly) the right people are getting a push and Slammiversary was one of the greatest PPV's I have seen in my entire life. I'm excited for the future of TNA, and I think in the near future they will be giving WWE a serious run for their money.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You know, I stopped watching wrestling for a while because...well WWE just wasn't bringing it anymore. I watched TNA a coupled times and thought "hmm has potential". Last night i decided to watch the latest episode of Impact and was quite surprised. It was a non-ppv show...that actually had wrestling in it, and the matches were pretty damn good. I too am impressed by how far TNA has come since i saw them last. I see guys who the WWE would have never made Main Event actually get a shot at being big time, and the Knockout match i saw was better than any Diva match i had seen in a long time. I'm impressed with their talent, and the overall show.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Yupp, I actually look forward more to TNA then WWE right now. Somehow more intense fights, somehow wwe matches feels really slow paced now when I watched alot of TNA. More interesting wrestlers imo.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If they have gotten this far in 7 months with Lagana just imagine where they would be if they change came in January 2010.

That is assuming Lagana was available at that time.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's awesome because TNA is already very good right now but with Raw being HORRENDUS every week it makes me enjoy TNA that much more than what I am already. Great work from TNA and they deserve the growth they are getting.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah, absolutely. I enjoy the product really much and I am getting that 'feel' from the product, which I lost getting from WWE since years back. TNA's matches are good, promos make sense and everyone has got some character. I just started watching it from the IW show before Slammiversary and I got hooked. And man, Slammiversary was one hell of a PPV..they just brought it.! And this week's IW was also pretty good. Can't wait for next week. TNA FTW..! (God, I never thought I would be saying that, but no regrets now!)

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I was really into TNA when it first started until about late 06ish, then it started to suck for some reason... then it got good again at the end of 09 and then hogan/bischoff came and it sucked really really badly until this year. its pretty awesome now i'll admit. still a few problems, but its improved a lot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts