Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It sucks that Dream is saying this because the man could be a mainstream star if WWE was still a functional company that knew how to create and makes stars like before. Don't get me wrong, some of these performers in the company simply don't have "it" yet they get to become champions or be put in positions that they don't fit in. However, it's hard to even give them the chance to sink or swim when a senile old man puts screws on you to automatically sink.

Dream damn well knows he won't make it in the main roster, as much as I love the character that would actually get over in a casual fan's perspective if treated properly. He'll be twerking with New Day, congoing with No Way Jose, or chasing that GEEK 24/7 title around like every other jabroni.

Stop caping for someone who no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
643 Posts
In a way I can see the logic behind what he is saying. Vince loves to surround himself with ass-kissers who tell him how good he is and blame anyone and everyone bar Vince for Vince's incompetence and stupidity. So Dream is trying to endear himself to Vince and the upper management and work himself into their good graces.
But I am not alone in thinking that Vince and the rest of the out of touch dinosaurs running WWE like Kevin Dunn will NOT get the Velveteen Dream character and will condemn it to lower midcard hell in record time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ya even great "actors" have been in shitty movies/shows. that logic is just dumb.

And as much as he is popular in NXT, i don't take it as a legit gauge for success to translate on the MR, it's a 1hr show where not every character is on every week

filling 3hrs weekly with the same people. even with something good creative will eventually run out of ideas for and people will get sick of it.

but good on him for grabbing attention

·
Registered
14,113 Posts
I just hope this guy knows (I would suspect) Vince isn't exactly going to be impressed by an embarrassing display like that. (I would suspect) it's only going to get his ass in the shit house quicker than you can say Sin Cara when he gets his call up.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Disappointing.

Having a realistic understanding of what's coming is one of the ONLY ways dream could have survived the Main Roster. Clearly, he's drunk the kool aid. Lying to yourself is only going to make the fall that much more unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/06/10/velveteen-dream-puts-wwes-faults-on-the-superstars-its-not-vince-mcmahon-at-all

Let's see if he's still feels the same way a year after he's been called up himself.

And the fact that he thinks the 90's SW films had better acting than the ones released in recent years tells me everything. What a joke.
we all know what a kiss ass he is from tough enough.
Cant wait until Vince ruins him on the main roster then he will change his tune.

·
Team AEW
2,960 Posts
This guy loses my respect more and more. Sucking up to Vince like that? Have some dignity, son. We'll see how you do on main roster even despite your ass kissing.

·
Angry at refs
2,982 Posts
This is 100% Dream trying to suck up to Vince. That's all it is.

As for SW sucking cause of the actors? Yep. It's the actors fault that episode 8 started out with a 'your mama' joke and broke 50+ laws of the universe.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
You are all so easily GOTTEN TO

THE DREAM turning the GEEK SMARKS into GEEK MARKS Hahahaha I love it.

He's being smart & trying to manipulate Vince into giving him a good spot on the main roster. This is good mindfucking by The Dream

IWC GEEKS gonna IWC GEEK :lol

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,246 Posts
Well its not just on Vince. This roster is the WOAT roster, 95% of them are just one dimensional gymnasts with no actual Pro Wrestling ability.

Look at any point in Wrestling history and you'll find true talents making dumb shit work, thats the big difference today, most of the talent dont actually have the talent to make dumb shit work because all they can is flip around the ring.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Like Lacey and Elias, Dream has gimmick where it will save him on the main roster.
Elias has a gimmick that saved him? The man spends his time fighting R-Truth for the jobber's title, has been on the main roster for like two years and hasn't even had a one on one Universal title shot.

Sure, if by saved you mean "kept relevant", sure. But the entire upper echelon of WWE's current roster is doing way better without the gimmick, so I don't see how Dream's gimmick should "save" him.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts