Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-rstrnt-brnd-burger-king-impossible-wh/lawsuit-claims-burger-kings-impossible-whoppers-are-contaminated-by-meat-idUSKBN1XS2FP

(Reuters) - Burger King was sued on Monday by a vegan customer who accused the fast-food chain of contaminating its meatless “Impossible” Whoppers by cooking them on the same grills as its traditional meat burgers.

In a proposed class action, Phillip Williams said he bought an Impossible Whopper, a plant-based alternative to Burger King’s regular Whopper, at an Atlanta drive-through, and would not have paid a premium price had he known the cooking would leave it “coated in meat by-products.”

The lawsuit filed in Miami federal court seeks damages for all U.S. purchasers of the Impossible Whopper, and an injunction requiring Burger King to “plainly disclose” that Impossible Whoppers and regular burgers are cooked on the same grills.

·
Angry at refs
2,837 Posts
I mean, that's a fair complaint. I wouldn't want my shit mixed together either.
Not sue worthy, though.

·
One Winged Angel
3,708 Posts
Impossible Foods Inc, which helped create the Impossible Whopper, has said it designed the product for meat eaters who want to consume less animal protein, not for vegans or vegetarians.

“For people who are strictly vegan, there is a microwave prep procedure that they’re welcome to ask for in any store,” Dana Worth, Impossible Foods’ head of sales, said in a recent interview.
Good luck getting this lawsuit to go anywhere.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
If they are doing this then they should be investigated. When I used to work at fast food place you always cooked the vegan and veggie stuff in a different frier to the meat. Also you cleaned and change the grill if cooking different types of meat.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
I feel like I read on social media that BK came out and said it was grilled on a regular grill and u can ask for it to be done separately. I don't eat this stuff, but has anyone been in one recently and did they have a sign up with a disclosure? I have a feeling that will be happening soon

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
May BK win.. wtf are vegans even eating at BK? i dont even eat at BK.
BK do sell products without meat or dairy so why not?

what does your taste have to do with anything?

what is wrong with you?

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Burger King used to put their veggie burgers though the same over conveyor belt as well. The idea was the cooking heat was hot enough to clean the grill between patties.

The overall push for meatless options is not catering to vegetarians really at all, it's more sustainability and the over-consumption of beef in the West that is spreading to more and more countries and they emerge out of the third world and is wholly unsustainable. Want to know why the Amazon Rain Forest is burning - livestock farmers need more land for cattle.

·
526 Posts
BK do sell products without meat or dairy so why not?

what does your taste have to do with anything?

what is wrong with you?
If I were a Vegan I would not eat at BK. I dont even eat there now. That stupid impossible shit isnt even for vegans.. its to make fat people think theyre being healthy..

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Its like there is a place called "greggs" who sale meat based products who then released a vegan option.......now to me that is ridiculous. If you were a firm believer in not eating meat then why would you give a company money who will use that money to buy meat?

·
From parts unknown
22,812 Posts
Well, think about it this way. Muslims can eat Beef but can't eat Pork, Hindus can eat Pork but can't eat Beef. Both can eat fish - so if McDonald's sold them their fish burger that's cooked on the same grill as the other two meats, wouldn't that be cause for concern too tbh?

I kinda consider Vegans to be just as looney as religious people now, and I don't respect their beliefs. But they have a right to not be lied to which may or may not be illegal, but it should be interesting to follow the case irrespective.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
For some reason this reminds me of the case when someone sued Subway a few years back because their 'foot long' sandwich was 11 inches instead of 12, and they actually won the case.

Seems like everyone is trying to sue for anything these days out of a desperate attempt for attention and money.
Think I'm going to sue McDonald's because their "happy" meals don't actually make me happy.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Let's forego the ridiculousness of an individual suing a billion dollar company over what is a completely trivial matter.

What exactly is the guy expecting to gain from the lawsuit? OK, so if Burger King are advertizing a vegan burger, and it's actually not vegan because it's cooked on top of meat products, they need to be told to stop doing that. Fine. The thing is, it's not actually advertized as a product for vegans or vegetarians. It literally says that it's for meat eaters that want to cut down on meat.

If you're vegetarian or vegan, you have to request a different cooking method.

But that's beside the point. My question is, what are these "damages" that are being pursued?

Are they suggesting that some monetary compensation is needed for people's mentral trauma that's been caused by giving them a fucking gram of beef on their Burger King product? I'm not usually one to shout about people being too soft in this modern world. I think the "snowflake" term is ridiculous and way overused. But fuck sake.

If you're perfectly fine with buying a burger from a company that facilitates the slaughter and grinding up of THOUSANDS of cattle every day, but you're mentally traumatized because the burger you got might have a trace of beef juice, then you're not actually traumatized, you're a hypocrite and you're mentally ill.

It's nothing but a blatant cash grab from a bunch of assholes.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,487 Posts
Well, think about it this way. Muslims can eat Beef but can't eat Pork, Hindus can eat Pork but can't eat Beef. Both can eat fish - so if McDonald's sold them their fish burger that's cooked on the same grill as the other two meats, wouldn't that be cause for concern too tbh?

I kinda consider Vegans to be just as looney as religious people now, and I don't respect their beliefs. But they have a right to not be lied to which may or may not be illegal, but it should be interesting to follow the case irrespective.
I don't see how it's false advertising, BK never said the Impossible Whopper is vegan, in fact they come slathered in mayonnaise which has eggs in it. If you wanted a vegan Whopper you would specifically have to ask for no mayo so if it was a concern to you, why wouldn't you ask about it's preparation?

Also, don't hamburger buns contain shit like butter and/or milk? Wouldn't you also have to ask for a vegan bun?

1 - 20 of 143 Posts