Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always interesting to see how a TNA wrestler goes in the WWE. So we have see Vance (lance hoyt) for a while now.
What do ppl think about his ecw run? His tag team with curt hawkins? What will he do next?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Middling in the ring, but its crucial for Smackdown! and Raw to share tag team matches and interact with each other or else Hart Dynasty/Usos will bore the piss out of everybody like Hart Dynasty/Cryme Tyme did.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Middling in the ring, but its crucial for Smackdown! and Raw to share tag team matches and interact with each other or else Hart Dynasty/Usos will bore the piss out of everybody like Hart Dynasty/Cryme Tyme did.
THis is true. The tag-team division should be more of an inter-brand type of deal, since the titles are unified. The Harts haven't been on Smackdown in a couple months, which pretty much makes the tag team division on that show pointless.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
ECW Run? OHHHHH you mean that 2 week-thing. Haha.

Glad Archer grew his hair out, def makes a good tag team with Hawkins.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I just saw a clip of him in ECW the other day... my god does he look ugly and not badass at all without the beard.

THE BEARD HAS SAVED ARCHERS CAREER

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I like him with Hawkins. Matt Striker's "American Psycho" nickname flows well. He looks badass now, the clean look didn't work for him in ECW.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
The whole Vance Archer persona just screams badass.
definitely. butterfly tattoos right above the ass scare the shit out of me, that's some Vin Diesel caliber badassery up in this bitch.

he's a joke to be honest. he looks like a French rapist, and he doesn't really have that much ability IMO. he's ok.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't know he looks a bit weird and lacks charisma. Luckily he is pretty much seen as Curt Hawkins' muscle from where I stand.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Hey, he isn't the best wrestler, or a good looking guy, and yes, he has a tramp stamp and reminds me of a man who photographs children at parks.

But groups like The Gate Crashers are the last, best hope for me to give even half a fuck about the WWE Tag Team division, which used to be my absolute favorite part of RAW.

I don't want it to go the way of the Cruiserweight title, and just get demeaned until it fades away into obscurity and possibly even gets cancelled.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So basically his come from Teaming With Jimmy Rave in TNA to teaming with Curt Hawkins.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm a fan of Archer, I've enjoyed watching him wrestle since he was in TNA and part of the awesomeness that was the Rock 'n' Rave Infection (if only they weren't jobbers...).

Archer and Hawkins make an impressive team and I'm hoping they start a feud with the Harts over the Tag belts soon. Really wish the Harts would actually appear on SD to face the Gatecrashers or Dudebusters every once in a while, be more entertaining than more Harts vs. Usos.

·
Registered
647 Posts
He's actually underrated in the ring. Very mobile for a big man and he's got a good repetoire. The beard is badass on a side note. He doesn't really have much presence for a big man or great mic skills so he's probably best as someone's enforcer, in this case Hawkins.

EDIT: His theme is awesome, one of the better generic Johnston ones.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Honestly, I've found myself liking Hawkins and Archer alot, they're just badass, the way Hawkins trash talks their opponents like they're nothing then sets Archer onto them and he tears them apart.

The whole "Talk trash, deliver in the ring." is pretty refreshing compared to most chickenshit heels that they have these days. I like seeing someone Hawkins size actually dominating in the ring instead of running away.

My only issue is that they need to look more like a tag team, you can obviously tell they're thrown together. Archer has those black tights and the leather jacket, while Hawkins has red pants. It just doesn't blend.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I thought he was below average in TNA, he's made a slight improvement in WWE/FCW but he's still nothing special imo.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Honestly, I've found myself liking Hawkins and Archer alot, they're just badass, the way Hawkins trash talks their opponents like they're nothing then sets Archer onto them and he tears them apart.

The whole "Talk trash, deliver in the ring." is pretty refreshing compared to most chickenshit heels that they have these days. I like seeing someone Hawkins size actually dominating in the ring instead of running away.
I agree, this is exactly what I like about them.

If anyone saw their latest match on Superstars last week where they destroyed two jobbers it was pretty awesome. Hawkins trash talked them while slapping them about for a bit, tagged in Archer who destroyed them until one of them got a flukey roll-up on Archer. Archer immeadiately kicked out and angered at being embrassed started to really beat the hell out of the poor jobbers.

It's as you said PoisonMouse, refreshing to see them talk trash and then deliver. I just hope they can keep at up against tougher opposition, although they've done well against teams like Christian & MVP so I think WWE has faith in them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts