Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Val Venis vid
Well he comes off as pretty bitter but I agree that Matt Hardy thinks he is much better then he really is and I like the Paul London plug. To say Matt has had zero talent his whole career is pretty dumb, and I despise present day Matt Hardy, but he was in his prime a decade ago and I'll never forget the TLCs.

Kind of odd he doesn't mention them being in TNA but I guess he doesn't want to burn bridges with the real high ups. Unless I'm being punked and he's coming to TNA to fued with Matt, but I doubt he would mock Shane Helms, Shannon Moore and Michael Hayes if that was the case.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
Venis is right about most things. Matt was talented though, his stuff as V1 and with Jeff back in the day were pretty good. However, nowadays Matt is over the hill, out of shape and an attention whore. Paul London would indeed work circles around him.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
wth lol. Entertaining but bitter

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Morley may be a crazy ass Libertarian but he also makes a damn good points sometimes. Matt Hardy is almost as bad as Jeff and half as famous.

·
Registered
617 Posts
haha this is so funny. you ppl were begging for Matt Hardy to be pushed to WWE's main event scene when he is actually getting a big push in TNA you criticize him? And Venis is a horrible wrestler his stint in TNA was a horrible memory he has no right talking trash plus Matt has paid his dues

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If the Hardy Boyz were still in the other company I wonder if they would get as much flak from people and I don't just mean Morley who's always been a mid carder, I agree Matt could do with losing a few pounds but no way is he fat.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,888 Posts
haha this is so funny. you ppl were begging for Matt Hardy to be pushed to WWE's main event scene when he is actually getting a big push in TNA you criticize him? And Venis is a horrible wrestler his stint in TNA was a horrible memory he has no right talking trash plus Matt has paid his dues
The only two things wrong with Morley in TNA was he came in with Hogan and that made him look like a talentless lackey like the Nasty Boys when Sean could still clearly wrestle. Also, they made him go over Christopher Daniels clean in his debut in a matter of minutes and got nothing out of that feud. That feud could have produced several quality matches and would have been good as a first or second PPV match a few times.

The only thing I disagree with is dues paying, because Matt and Jeff toiled in jobber hell obscurity for several years and did some insane things with their bodies. After that, I co-sign the whole thing, not that Morley really needs co-signing on something that is 100 percent true.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also, they made him go over Christopher Daniels clean in his debut in a matter of minutes and got nothing out of that feud. That feud could have produced several quality matches and would have been good as a first or second PPV match a few times.
I think that another big problem with that specific situation was that Morley wasn't exactly being pushed right out of the gate as a main event player, and Daniels was actually coming off of a main event run. It made Daniels look worse than it would have under different circumstances, and the audience naturally responded negatively to it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Hardys, but I don't really see that many "good points" in Morley's little rant here. He really just comes across as bitter.
I agree 100% with this. First off who is Val Venis to be Criticising anyone? he was an average wrestler at best that hardly set the WWF alight with his Charisma. His little ladies man routine had been done before and so much better by Ravishing Rick Rude years before he even probably got into wrestling. And his TNA stint consisted of a good strip poker game sequence with the Beautiful People and him beating Jeff Hardy up in a Toliet, again hardly ground breaking stuff

Matt Hardy is overweight (I think I might be right in saying this was due to a medical problem though) but even on his worse day he is a better wrestler then Val Venis. I think him criticising Jeff Hardy is complete maddness as Jeff is a better wrestler then Venis will ever be

The Iceing on the cake was Val criticising the TLC matches, as I remember them they were far greater then any match I have ever seen Val Venis wrestle in. I think it takes more talent to Swan Tom Bomb off the top of a ladder then it does to walk to the ring with a towel wrapped around you saying "Hello Ladies"

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,184 Posts
If the Hardy Boyz were still in the other company I wonder if they would get as much flak from people and I don't just mean Morley who's always been a mid carder, I agree Matt could do with losing a few pounds but no way is he fat.
Yes they would, apparently you didn't see how many people crushed Matt his final months with WWE. Val does seem bitter, but he's not completely wrong about Matt.

BTW, who the hell drives and records a video at the same time?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.