Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
Without opining on the underlying issue, I hope AEW isn’t trying to make some kind of political statement. I, personally, can rarely watch many shows on ESPN now and in the past few years. I enjoy watching Nyla as a performer. She is the heel monster of the women’s division whom everyone in said division will be chasing. I hope they leave it at that.
Bingo. She’s a performer, nothing more, nothing less. You either enjoy watching her perform or you don’t, no different than any other performer in this fantasy faux-sport business.

And I agree, I hope it’s nothing more than just giving everybody a fair shot to make it regardless of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Most of the complaints I read about trans athletes in sports are from like Australian high school field hockey or some shit, which really isn't that competitive to begin with. Like who even cares if the competitive balance of these sports are thrown out of whack? There's no money or prestige on the line? Probably every team gets a participation medal anyway.

The only one I might personally have a problem with is if a trans woman came to say the UFC, since there's real money and prestige on the line and women could get seriously injured.

tl;dr no one cares about your high school track meet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone have any scientific evidence that suggests that trans women actually have an advantage. None of that faux science stuff from anti-trans campaigners that also think that the weak traces of some sort of oestrogen in soy will make your dick shrivel up. I mean actual scientific stuff. I doubt the Olympics would allow it otherwise. I think there’s a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to biology and how it works.

I hope everyone reading up on the subject vets their sources and keeps learning.
Evidence
Does anyone have any scientific evidence that suggests that trans women actually have an advantage. None of that faux science stuff from anti-trans campaigners that also think that the weak traces of some sort of oestrogen in soy will make your dick shrivel up. I mean actual scientific stuff. I doubt the Olympics would allow it otherwise. I think there’s a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to biology and how it works.

I hope everyone reading up on the subject vets their sources and keeps learning.
of what? That biological males are faster, stronger and by large more effective at physical endeavors than biological females? If that wasn’t the case the would be no gender separation across sports.

or are you suggesting that someone’s anatomy can be different because of how they “identify”?

what faux science are you talking about?

·
Registered
103 Posts

Evidence

of what? That biological males are faster, stronger and by large more effective at physical endeavors than biological females? If that wasn’t the case the would be no gender separation across sports.

or are you suggesting that someone’s anatomy can be different because of how they “identify”?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Most of the complaints I read about trans athletes in sports are from like Australian high school field hockey or some shit, which really isn't that competitive to begin with. Like who even cares if the competitive balance of these sports are thrown out of whack? There's no money or prestige on the line? Probably every team gets a participation medal anyway.

The only one I might personally have a problem with is if a trans woman came to say the UFC, since there's real money and prestige on the line and women could get seriously injured.

tl;dr no one cares about your high school track meet.
There was a mini documentary that was released to YouTube and went semi viral about a young teenage runner who was trying to qualify for state or something like that. She used to be the quickest, qualify for all these far away events, was getting scouted for a college scholarship etc etc.

Then two people who had gone from male to female (Or were transitioning, I don't recall) began competing and would wipe the floor with not only her but all the other competitors. These trans girls were now always finishing first and second with the biological females getting destroyed at every meet. The teenager the documentary centred around was missing out on all these big running events and was concerned that she might no longer get a scholarship or even be able to enjoy her sport due to the influx of trans females.

Interesting you bring up the UFC comparison. Transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox actually fractured an opponents skull in a fight. Here is a quote from Tamika Brents who was the one that suffered the injury.

After the fight, Tamika Brents gave an interview and she said that she never felt such power and strength at any woman before she was fighting Fallon Fox.

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right… I still disagree with Fox fighting. Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair.” – Tamika Brents said.
Also, you mention Australia which was probably a silly thing to do because you don't live here. It's not Australian high school field hockey that suffers from this it's actually our professional sports. Hannah Mouncey attempted to qualify for the AFL Women's draft despite having a significant height, weight and strength advantage over every other AFL female player. Here is a photo showing how ridiculous it all is:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
There was a mini documentary that was released to YouTube and went semi viral about a young teenage runner who was trying to qualify for state or something like that. She used to be the quickest, qualify for all these far away events, was getting scouted for a college scholarship etc etc.

Then two people who had gone from male to female (Or were transitioning, I don't recall) began competing and would wipe the floor with not only her but all the other competitors. These trans girls were now always finishing first and second with the biological females getting destroyed at every meet. The teenager the documentary centred around was missing out on all these big running events and was concerned that she might no longer get a scholarship or even be able to enjoy her sport due to the influx of trans females.

Interesting you bring up the UFC comparison. Transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox actually fractured an opponents skull in a fight. Here is a quote from Tamika Brents who was the one that suffered the injury.

Also, you mention Australia which was probably a silly thing to do because you don't live here. It's not Australian high school field hockey that suffers from this it's actually our professional sports. Hannah Mouncey attempted to qualify for the AFL Women's draft despite having a significant height, weight and strength advantage over every other AFL female player. Here is a photo showing how ridiculous it all is:

But it's wrestling, it's supposed to be stupid, so who cares about simulating any realism, is what I'm sure many will say. I tell you, I can't even conceive of why wrestling fandom has been dwindling, but surely doubling down on the stupid will bring them back in droves.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Evidence

I mean in a combat sport the only real advantage of a trans woman is going to have is reach as on HRT they have less testosterone than other women and the lack of testosterone cause loss of bone and muscle density, and weight divisions are going to mean they'll be fighting women around the same size as them.
I'll be honest Fallon seems like a case of a big fish in a small pond, not only did only two of her opponents go on to have winning records, but the woman that beat her only had middling success in UFC. I'd honestly bet dollars to donuts if Fallon was in a major league like UFC or even Bellator she'd have an even or even losing record.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I dont see anything controversial either. You cant expect old fashioned people to adapt that easy in 2020.

As long as they present Nyla as a female im fine with it but im also not against people like Val Venis. Dude has a point even though he seems like an attention whore.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
He had no issue with Chyna, Beth competing in the Men's royal rumble, he had no issue with Jacqueline becoming Cruiserweight Champion (probably because he once worked with her), and I don't remember him complaining about Harvey becoming Women's champion....but he becomes a snowflake over a transgender winning the women's title?. Seems like he has first world problems lately. Has he forgot the outcomes are pre-determined in this business?

Is Val actually racist? Anytime you see "Alliance Defending Freedom" means it's code for W.A.S.P., and it's a designated hate group, the very group Val is promoting and then claiming he is for equal rights.

Why does he care about teenagers jogging, and then comparing it to a transgender wrestler? weird and perverted fantasy he revealed there.

Notice the ethnicity of the teens he is targeting, and notice the ethnicity of Nyla.....that's his real concern.

·
Angry at refs
3,116 Posts
The only point he has is the whole idea that trans-gendered athletes should not compete in women sports. I'll agree there because they do technically have an unfair biological advantage.

But otherwise, he's just being a dickhead
The only problem with that is that in professional athletic events, especially the olympics, the trans-person has to have the same testosterone/hormone/estrogen/etc. levels as a cis-person. Otherwise they cannot compete.
This can be argued that males are born with 'stronger' muscles, but it's quite hard to determine if it's unfair when they have the same levels as a cis-female.

A lot of anti-trans activists like Val seem to ignore that fact.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,031 Posts
The only point he has is the whole idea that trans-gendered athletes should not compete in women sports. I'll agree there because they do technically have an unfair biological advantage.

But otherwise, he's just being a dickhead
Thought about this some more and this is the reason why I’m ending the thread here.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.