Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Anyone who is happy with this dude winning the Women's title is literally insane.

He has been through male puberty. His T-level is around NINE TIMES that of a woman. He is just so much stronger than all the women that it's dangerous and disgusting that they enter the same ring.

It IS performance but are male ice skaters competing against females? That's performance as well. Also, mistakes happen. When he powerbombs a woman through a table it's many more times likely to injure a woman than the other way round.

Anyone objecting to me calling this dude a dude can fuck off and read an actual book on biology written by an actual scientist. Chromasomes and science don't lie.
Pro Wrestling is a lot more like pairs figure skating, which is probably the most popular figure skating event and features mixed male and female pairs.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
It's hard not to agree with Val. Nothing against Nyla personally but this is a pretty big deal in the news as of late and is a big problem. You have many female athletes missing out on scholarships, opportunities and the ability to compete due to transgender athletes that are bigger, stronger and faster no matter what anyone says. AEW putting their belt on a transgendered athlete kind of shows that they're okay with this type of thing.

Transgender women shouldn't be able to compete in actual women's sports. But wrestling I don't see the issue.
There are many women who wrestle one offs for AEW who could take Nyla's spot that are genuine female competitors. She is taking the spot, salary and exposure away from a genuine women's athlete.

As a gay wrestling fan this is why I support AEW over WWE. They are prepared to offer opportunities to the LGBTQ+ community!
Um what? WWE has been offering opportunities to the LGBTQ community before Cody was even born. Here are some LGBTQ wrestlers that have been signed to WWE contracts:

• Chris Kanyon (Gay)
  • Chyna (Bi)
  • Darren Young (Gay)
  • Mercedes Martinez (Lesbian)
  • Orlando Jordan (Bi)
  • Paige (Bi)
  • Pat Patterson (Gay)
  • Rosa Mendes (Bi)
  • Sonya Deville (Lesbian)
  • The Grand Wizard (Gay)
That's not even mentioning those who might be out privately but don't announce it publicly.

Yea Val almost sounds like a parody of most right wing idiots but sadly i think hes 100% serious. Why is it so hard for people to just be accepting of such minor things. Seems like intolerant assholes go out of their way to show everyone that they’re an intolerant asshole
Might be minor to you but it's not to everyone else. Transgendered athletes/performers taking the spots of female competitors is a pretty major problem. Imagine when more and more male to female wrestlers start taking the female wrestlers spots. Would you be cool with a 20 woman roster where 8 are transgendered athletes?

·
Registered
22,254 Posts
It's hard not to agree with Val. Nothing against Nyla personally but this is a pretty big deal in the news as of late and is a big problem. You have many female athletes missing out on scholarships, opportunities and the ability to compete due to transgender athletes that are bigger, stronger and faster no matter what anyone says. AEW putting their belt on a transgendered athlete kind of shows that they're okay with this type of thing.

There are many women who wrestle one offs for AEW who could take Nyla's spot that are genuine female competitors. She is taking the spot, salary and exposure away from a genuine women's athlete.

Um what? WWE has been offering opportunities to the LGBTQ community before Cody was even born. Here are some LGBTQ wrestlers that have been signed to WWE contracts:

• Chris Kanyon (Gay)
  • Chyna (Bi)
  • Darren Young (Gay)
  • Mercedes Martinez (Lesbian)
  • Orlando Jordan (Bi)
  • Paige (Bi)
  • Pat Patterson (Gay)
  • Rosa Mendes (Bi)
  • Sonya Deville (Lesbian)
  • The Grand Wizard (Gay)
That's not even mentioning those who might be out privately but don't announce it publicly.

Might be minor to you but it's not to everyone else. Transgendered athletes/performers taking the spots of female competitors is a pretty major problem. Imagine when more and more male to female wrestlers start taking the female wrestlers spots. Would you be cool with a 20 woman roster where 8 are transgendered athletes?
Nyla isn't taking a spot. If Tony wanted to hire these women who do one offs he could. It's not like the AEW roster has a hard roster limit like in actual sports. If Tony wanted to push somebody else he would. Again this is wrestling save this conversation for real sports where Nyla being transgender gives her an actual legitimate competitive benefit.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
How many of your list of wrestlers from the LGBTQ+ community have held the top title in their division in WWE?
What has that got to do with anything? Old mates argument wasn't that no LGBTQ wrestlers ever won championships his argument was nobody ever gave them opportunities which is incorrect.

Chyna was a huge deal for WWE for years though, they just made a movie about Paige, Patterson was the IC Champion and has been a huge part of WWE for decades and even Orlando Jordan won the US Title and main evented regularly with JBL on TV/House Shows.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nyla’s manliness really has no bearing in this case. She’s not shoot fighting. She’s part of a scripted show, and I’m sure she’s doing her best to protect her opponents in the ring.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Instead of writing an essay, I’ll use dot points:

1. Praise AEW

2. AEW genuinely treats Nyla like a woman, no jokes, as everyone should

3. Everyone should respect transgender people by genuinely treating them as their identified gender

4. Except in competitive sport

5. Transgender women should respect cis women and not compete. Regulations should reinforce this

6. Wrestling isn’t a competitive sport

7. Nyla plays an awesome role in the women’s division and there’s literally nothing unfair about it

8. Political buzz could lead to massive mainstream attention AEW (all positive, the negative pushback won’t be on AEW)

9. Wrestling is the one “sport” in the world where this well-meaning scenario can be fairly portrayed. As fans, we should embrace it

Difference is ice skating is an actual legitimate competition. This is the equivalent of going "it's unfair for Thanos a man, to fight Scarlett Witch and Captain Marvel".
Thankfully somebody smart has entered this thread. Exactly this.

Wrestling is a live action movie packaged as a sport, which makes it arguably the most unique place in the world to simulate the transgender/sport debate. It’s more effective than movies.

The negative consequences in real sports don’t exist in wrestling because wrestling isn’t a competition.

From a feminist point of view the issue is that Nyla is taking a spot that should go to a real woman. It's like if a film company hired a white actor and put him in blackface rather than hiring a black actor, the black community would be pissed off.
The analogy would be more like a black person developing Michael Jackson’s skin disease (vitiligo) and becoming white on the outside, but psychologically they still identify as black on the inside so they want to be cast as a black actor.

Should society treat Michael Jackson as a white person?

Should Michael Jackson be cast as a black actor?

The problem with the pro-transgender in sports argument is they take the answer to 1 question and blindly apply it universally while abusing everyone who even considers details that require an exception.

The feminist argument doesn’t work though. Some feminists would categorise Nyla as a woman and other feminists wouldn’t, and since the feminist argument only works on a simple level of “oh, she’s not really a woman”, which has nothing to do with feminist theory, then the argument isn’t a feminist argument.

·
Angry at refs
3,116 Posts
From a feminist point of view the issue is that Nyla is taking a spot that should go to a real woman. It's like if a film company hired a white actor and put him in blackface rather than hiring a black actor, the black community would be pissed off.

I can see where they're coming from but wrestling has never been that politically correct. Nyla's a heel anyway, she's supposed to piss people off.
Maybe they should focus on actually being decent wrestlers, promos, and characters instead. If one doesn't put in the effort, they have zero room to complain about 'unfair opportunities'.

Nyla isn't anything special by any means, but neither are 90% of the women in the wrestling world. At least Nyla is big and can be billed as a threat.

·
Registered
17,023 Posts
Exactly. Nyla wants to pass as a female, so present Nyla as a female who just happens to be a vicious beast and be done with it. The controversy will fade away in time so long as they avoid trying to make a political statement with this.
This. Leave 'her' as is. No need to amplify anything.

·
WITNESS ME
728 Posts
Instead of writing an essay, I’ll use dot points:

1. Praise AEW

2. AEW genuinely treats Nyla like a woman, no jokes, as everyone should

3. Everyone should respect transgender people by genuinely treating them as their identified gender

4. Except in competitive sport

5. Transgender women should respect cis women and not compete. Regulations should reinforce this

6. Wrestling isn’t a competitive sport

7. Nyla plays an awesome role in the women’s division and there’s literally nothing unfair about it

8. Political buzz could lead to massive mainstream attention AEW (all positive, the negative pushback won’t be on AEW)

9. Wrestling is the one “sport” in the world where this well-meaning scenario can be fairly portrayed. As fans, we should embrace it

Thankfully somebody smart has entered this thread. Exactly this.

Wrestling is a live action movie packaged as a sport, which makes it arguably the most unique place in the world to simulate the transgender/sport debate. It’s more effective than movies.

The negative consequences in real sports don’t exist in wrestling because wrestling isn’t a competition.

The analogy would be more like a black person developing Michael Jackson’s skin disease (vitiligo) and becoming white on the outside, but psychologically they still identify as black on the inside so they want to be cast as a black actor.

Should society treat Michael Jackson as a white person?

Should Michael Jackson be cast as a black actor?

The problem with the pro-transgender in sports argument is they take the answer to 1 question and blindly apply it universally while abusing everyone who even considers details that require an exception.

The feminist argument doesn’t work though. Some feminists would categorise Nyla as a woman and other feminists wouldn’t, and since the feminist argument only works on a simple level of “oh, she’s not really a woman”, which has nothing to do with feminist theory, then the argument isn’t a feminist argument.
Dang, I had to login from lurking to like this. Spot on.

I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole that is feminist theory here, but the majority sentiment in feminism is "intersectional" these days... and it qualifies transwomen as "real women". Ergo, the argument about taking a spot away from a real woman is (from a 'feminist' perspective) is a contradictory one.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Does anyone have any scientific evidence that suggests that trans women actually have an advantage. None of that faux science stuff from anti-trans campaigners that also think that the weak traces of some sort of oestrogen in soy will make your dick shrivel up. I mean actual scientific stuff. I doubt the Olympics would allow it otherwise. I think there’s a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to biology and how it works.

I hope everyone reading up on the subject vets their sources and keeps learning.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Does anyone have any scientific evidence that suggests that trans women actually have an advantage. None of that faux science stuff from anti-trans campaigners that also think that the weak traces of some sort of oestrogen in soy will make your dick shrivel up. I mean actual scientific stuff. I doubt the Olympics would allow it otherwise. I think there’s a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to biology and how it works.

I hope everyone reading up on the subject vets their sources and keeps learning.
I think biologically males are more competitive and solve issues with more logic where females use emotion, not sure if the hormone therapy changes any of this though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Without opining on the underlying issue, I hope AEW isn’t trying to make some kind of political statement. I, personally, can rarely watch many shows on ESPN now and in the past few years. I enjoy watching Nyla as a performer. She is the heel monster of the women’s division whom everyone in said division will be chasing. I hope they leave it at that.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
It's funny to see left wing extremists trip over themselves. They're not sure who they should prioritize with their virtue signalling; females or homosexuals. And so they lose their own conviction.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.