Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Trans athletes is a legit issue that needs to be discussed by scientists, not activists. There is a pretty clear legitimate argument that biological men have unfair advantages over biological women. This is not about hate or fear, though there is plenty of that too clouding the issue. But the issue is there. Biology exists and men and women's sports are separate for very good reasons.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why do all right wing idiots sound exactly the same?
I'm not surprised by the reaction of, nyla rose winning the aew women's championship.I'm sure aew was expecting the reaction would be both positive and negative,hell the show in Cleveland the fans were chanting she a got a dick at nyla rose.not everyone is going to be expecting of transgender athletes,in any sport.we'll see how, nyla rose and aew handle's it.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,232 Posts
Trans athletes is a legit issue that needs to be discussed by scientists, not activists. There is a pretty clear legitimate argument that biological men have unfair advantages over biological women. This is not about hate or fear, though there is plenty of that too clouding the issue. But the issue is there. Biology exists and men and women's sports are separate for very good reasons.
That makes sense in sports, but I don’t think it applies to professional wrestling or essentially show business.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
That makes sense in sports, but I don’t think it applies to professional wrestling or essentially show business.
Yes, I would mostly agree. I can see people arguing that it makes wrestling seem ever more fake than other sports, but kayfabe is dead anyway I guess. Like I said many times, as long as wrestling follows it's own internal logic i am fine with it.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
As a gay wrestling fan this is why I support AEW over WWE. They are prepared to offer opportunities to the LGBTQ+ community!
Hasn't gay Pat Patterson worked for them for decades? Didn't they have gay Darren Young? They have lesbian Sonya DeVille. Heck Shayna is gay and is super pushed.

The issue is so weird. Like of all the things that wrestling allows, idk why this would be an issue. This is a business were the "Littles people court" not only happened, but was well received. A transwoman winning the women's title has way more basis in reality than that shit lol

·
Read Only
12 Posts
Anyone who is happy with this dude winning the Women's title is literally insane.

He has been through male puberty. His T-level is around NINE TIMES that of a woman. He is just so much stronger than all the women that it's dangerous and disgusting that they enter the same ring.

It IS performance but are male ice skaters competing against females? That's performance as well. Also, mistakes happen. When he powerbombs a woman through a table it's many more times likely to injure a woman than the other way round.

Anyone objecting to me calling this dude a dude can fuck off and read an actual book on biology written by an actual scientist. Chromasomes and science don't lie.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Hasn't gay Pat Patterson worked for them for decades? Didn't they have gay Darren Young? They have lesbian Sonya DeVille. Heck Shayna is gay and is super pushed.
Yeah Pat was one of the first known gay athletes in any sport. And it is not like it hurt him in the industry. He was the first IC champ and a top executive for decades. So I do not see some large amount of homophobia in WWE. They treat their gay athletes just like everyone else mostly, not make it a spectacle. Of course we have exceptions like Billy & Chuck and HLA...but they were not actually gay in real life.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
Anyone who is happy with this dude winning the Women's title is literally insane.

He has been through male puberty. His T-level is around NINE TIMES that of a woman. He is just so much stronger than all the women that it's dangerous and disgusting that they enter the same ring.

It IS performance but are male ice skaters competing against females? That's performance as well. Also, mistakes happen. When he powerbombs a woman through a table it's many more times likely to injure a woman than the other way round.

Anyone objecting to me calling this dude a dude can fuck off and read an actual book on biology written by an actual scientist. Chromasomes and science don't lie.
Difference is ice skating is an actual legitimate competition. This is the equivalent of going "it's unfair for Thanos a man, to fight Scarlett Witch and Captain Marvel".

Yeah Pat was one of the first known gay athletes in any sport. And it is not like it hurt him in the industry. He was the first IC champ and a top executive for decades. So I do not see some large amount of homophobia in WWE. They treat their gay athletes just like everyone else mostly, not make it a spectacle. Of course we have exceptions like Billy & Chuck and HLA...but they were not actually gay in real life.
They're pretty equal opportunity they'll hire anybody and they'll stereotype anybody. They give no fucks lol

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Yes, but some people believe they should get opportunities for being gay/trans etc, rather than treated the same and get opportunities because of talent.

·
Registered
462 Posts
As long as the trans push of Nyla is not in our faces, its fine with AEW. Sometimes i forget he is a she, so lets keep it that way.
Exactly. Nyla wants to pass as a female, so present Nyla as a female who just happens to be a vicious beast and be done with it. The controversy will fade away in time so long as they avoid trying to make a political statement with this.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Transgender men shouldn't be able to compete in actual women's sports. But wrestling I don't see the issue.
From a feminist point of view the issue is that Nyla is taking a spot that should go to a real woman. It's like if a film company hired a white actor and put him in blackface rather than hiring a black actor, the black community would be pissed off.

I can see where they're coming from but wrestling has never been that politically correct. Nyla's a heel anyway, she's supposed to piss people off.

·
Banned
2,473 Posts
In sports it's a legitimate issue.
In wrestling, who cares?

In a wrestling promotion that has consistently spoke of it's sports focused approach, it's an odd discussion.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why do all right wing idiots sound exactly the same?
Yea Val almost sounds like a parody of most right wing idiots but sadly i think hes 100% serious. Why is it so hard for people to just be accepting of such minor things. Seems like intolerant assholes go out of their way to show everyone that they’re an intolerant asshole

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
From a feminist point of view the issue is that Nyla is taking a spot that should go to a real woman. It's like if a film company hired a white actor and put him in blackface rather than hiring a black actor, the black community would be pissed off.

I can see where they're coming from but wrestling has never been that politically correct. Nyla's a heel anyway, she's supposed to piss people off.
I mean I get that line of thinking if it was anything but wrestling. I grew up in the Chyna era and seen Jacqueline become the cruiserweight champion so it's just hard to care whichever way they want to do it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.