Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years we've seen many non-finishes in PPV main events, a minority would whine but the PPV would end with a clear champion, having the title vacant however makes people pissed off, it makes whoever paid for the PPV feel like he was ripped off.

Had they let Bryan keep the title OR gave the title to Orton, people wouldn't be as pissed off because the PPV would end like many other PPVs before it, a heel retains via a non-finish or the babyface retains because his buddy helped him out. Keeping the title vacant for this long without a proper kayfabe reason is the biggest mistake they've made in this storyline..

Vacant is not over. :vince3

EDIT: I meant Raw after NOC & not the PPV itself made people hate the PPV more in hindsight.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Vacant's reign is definitely the worst in years. Vacant is NOT a draw, and we'll be able to see that when the buys for NoC and Battleground come out. :trips :vince4

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
and then they have HBK be the guest ref to make sure there will be a legit winner, are we really supposed to buy into a clean finish here? Bryan should win, but man oh man its tough to believe at this point.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
I think they're building Vacant up for him to end the streak at Wrestlemania

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Vacant did fine in 1998. This era just can't handle it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nonsense, Vacant = GOAT

Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Triple H, and CM Punk are not over. Also we have not seen Mark Henry and John Cena in a while.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're probably building up Vacant to feud with the WWE App for the title at WM, dat buyrate will be higher than The Rock's. :vince2

In all seriousness, making the title vacant was probably the worst decision they've made since pushing Khali.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
do you really think they give a shit if they made a shitty decision? they know how impatient fans are nowadays and they still decided to fucking make people wait and seem like all hope was lost. And now they have Big Show be the main focus, more bad decisions.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
The title has been vacated 3 times since 2007 and countless times in the 80's and 90's.

This is hardly a new concept.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do you really think they give a shit if they made a shitty decision? they know how impatient fans are nowadays and they still decided to fucking make people wait and seem like all hope was lost. And now they have Big Show be the main focus, more bad decisions.
They've made many bad decisions in this storyline, but having no champion amplify the minor mistakes, do you think people would complain as much of Big Show's involvement if there was a champion? I don't think so.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The title has been vacated 3 times since 2007 and countless times in the 80's and 90's.

This is hardly a new concept.
But it was never done this way where people keep buying PPVs to see a champion end the show only for it to end in a non-finish.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
I think they need to change vacant look and he will be a good draw. A guy who looks like a question mark is not going to be best for business.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts