Wrestling Forum banner

UTA Gets In Wrestling Ring, Signs TNA Entertainment

10851 113
http://m.deadline.com/2014/04/uta-gets-in-wrestling-ring-signs-tna-entertainment/
EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed the Nashville-based TNA Entertainment. That is the company behind IMPACT Wrestling, which has become one of Spike TV’s top-rated shows, and which is broadcast in 120 countries worldwide. TNA also produced over 100 live IMPACT Wrestling shows and monthly PPV events anchored by a stable of spandex stars that includes Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, Eric Young, Magnus, James Storm, MVP, Gail Kim and the lovely and lethal Knockouts.

UTA will help the 12-year-old company broaden its TV reach and expand its licensing programs and arena shows and social media.

“UTA’s diverse range of capabilities make them an ideal partner to help TNA add tremendous visibility and value to the global IMPACT Wrestling brand,” said TNA Entertainment president Dixie Carter. “We are confident that by working with the UTA team, we will not only expand our wrestling business in exciting ways, but we will also build new entertainment ventures and properties.
Reactions: RoosterSmith
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· Heroes For Hire
17,135 Posts
lol just when you think TNA is dead. This has to be the most luckiest company that's been on the brink of destruction from the last few decades. Pretty sure UTA will have no problem getting TNA another US deal if Spike drops them this Fall.

Edit: Unless they're talking about the talent agency.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
I thought it was some D-level reality celebrity, lel.

· Registered
3,278 Posts
This UTA? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Talent_Agency

If yes, I dont get the buzz and dont get how it helps TNA.
It gives TNA a company that can go out and represent thier brand. This helps TNA especially with their TV contract up soon. This is a group who has experiance and can go in and negotiate a deal to bring TNA to another channel or renew thier deal with Spike or even add a 2nd show on Spike or another channel. This can't hurt TNA in anyway.

· Registered
10,151 Posts
TNA investing in promotion... they are definitely losing their shit. RIPS TNAS.

· #WoodwardOut #LUHG
16,309 Posts
Mike Johnson seems to think this is them looking outside Spike for a new TV partner. They obviously feel they won't have much luck on their own.

They'll be hard pressed finding a station with Spike's reach to take them on. Let's wait & see.

· Heroes For Hire
17,135 Posts
Mike Johnson seems to think this is them looking outside Spike for a new TV partner. They obviously feel they won't have much luck on their own.

They'll be hard pressed finding a station with Spike's reach to take them on. Let's wait & see.
That's the impression I got from this as well. I have a feeling TNA knew their time with Spike was up after WWE began searching elsewhere for TV partners beyond NBC. So TNA saw the writing on the wall, and it's a good thing they did I guess.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.