Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Edit: Damn, can't edit the title. I guess it should read "Using wrestling terms outside of wrestling."

Anyone else do this? O_O

Now immediately this sounds like a terrible idea that will pretty much make you socially unacceptable but just bear with me >_>

Anyway, my friends and I, like many of you, have been wrestling fans ever since we were little kids, and ever since our first year in high school, we developed a habit of calling people "jobbers." We're all in our third years in college now, yet when it's just our little group hanging out, we throw around the word "jobber" like crazy. Like, "Yeah, there were so many jobbers at that party." As horrible as it is, it's our way of describing people who we typically wrongly stereotype upon seeing them (in other words, people who we don't like just by our initial reaction of what we see). Or if one of us screw up, we say, "Wow you jobbed pretty hard there."

We don't say this stuff at like parties or in social situations, it's more of an inside joke we've had forever. Anyone else have odd wrestling related inside jokes like this?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,317 Posts
When my friend shot someone with a fire extinguisher in the face at a party and the kid was complaining my very drunk replied, "Don't be a bitch, Hardcore Holly got shot with fire extinguishers all the time and did he bitch about it? No. He finished the fucking match." I was somewhat less than him and found it hilarious.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
This is soo embarassing but I seriously almost used the phrase "no sold" in a real conversation before, lol. Luckily I stopped myself before it fully came out of my mouth and no one noticed but after that I was like "Okay maybe I'm spending too much time talking about wrestling." lol.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
It would be pretty amazing if there was NO ONE on this site who didn't use wrestling terminology in their everyday life. Words like: sell, face, heat, pop, heel, jobber, ham n' egger, etc. are used very loosely by me and are 100% apart of my daily vernacular.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I think I've used the word "botch" a number of times before at stupid moments. Like if my niece fucks up her eyeshadow or something. Lol. "BOTCHED MAKEUP!"

There's hardly anyone I know who watches or likes wrestling, it's kind of shit that you can't use inside jokes around most people.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
"Botch" is actually a real word, not just a wrestling term.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i use

"no-sell," or "sold"
"heat"
"botch"
"swerve"

my mom now uses no-sell herself. its pretty cool

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
The only time I ever use wrestling terms is with my little nephew, he is the WWE champ and a face while I am the constant challenger and a heel.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts