Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now i'm not saying it will happen soon but at some point the WWE will run out of big big names to headline the HOF and they will need to scrape the barrell to fill them some years .

So i don't understand how they toss so many Headline worthy guys into one Ceremony.

For example Foley is Headliner material but was used last year when he could have been saved to headline another year or at worst for a year where they are struggling to fill spots with big names.

Scott Hall could be a Headliner for sure aswell, if were counting his WCW contributions which Vince is acknowledging these days...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't think Scott Hall is capable of being a headline act, he was a good worker, not a great one, he was never the top guy, never a World Champ, and was generally always overshadowed by those with bigger ego's around him and has massive problems outside of the ring. His position on the HOF is that upper-midcard guy, below the top guy/main eventer, so WWE has it correct, that was his career, so that's how he should be inducted.

If he was going in as the nWo with Hogan & Nash, then yes, headline act but that is different.

It's the same for many, yes Mick Foley deserved to headline his own HOF but since retiring his brand, his image has become so weak that I doubt the WWE felt he could carry one, and I think they were right. Jake Roberts, again is the same as Scott Hall.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Scott Hall is capable of being a headline act, he was a good worker, not a great one, he was never the top guy, never a World Champ, and was generally always overshadowed by those with bigger ego's around him and has massive problems outside of the ring. His position on the HOF is that upper-midcard guy, below the top guy/main eventer, so WWE has it correct, that was career, so that's how he should be inducted.

If he was going in as the nWo with Hogan & Nash, then yes, headline act but that is different.

It's the same for many, yes Mick Foley deserved to headline his own HOF but since retiring his brand, his image has become so weak that I doubt the WWE felt he could carry one, and I think they were right. Jake Roberts, again is the same as Scott Hall.

I agree that he was never the guy or held the belt, but he was far more important in the grand scheme of things that someone like Edge who headlined...

He had innovative matches, co-founded the greatest or second greatest faction ever, The Kliq etc....

·
Registered
173 Posts
As for having a shortage of headline acts for the HOF in future years, I don't see it. They have at least another 15 to 20 guys/teams capable of filling that spot over the next 15 years and in that time new stars and new hall of famers will be created. I don't see the big issue people are making of this.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for having a shortage of headline acts for the HOF in future years, I don't see it. They have at least another 15 to 20 guys/teams capable of filling that spot over the next 15 years and in that time new stars and new hall of famers will be created. I don't see the big issue people are making of this.
But they really don't which is why they are still using and relying on older timers to fill manias, because they have no one and have had no one in recent years to take their spots.

So until these guys take the older guys spots how can they measure up as HOF Headline material when they never get to headline.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree that he was never the guy or held the belt, but he was far more important in the grand scheme of things that someone like Edge who headlined...

He had innovative matches, co-founded the greatest or second greatest faction ever, The Kliq etc....
Edge was a loyal WWE guy, won every belt basically the company ever had, who main evented for years, had multiple world title reigns, had innovative matches and retired at the top with the company. He was in a far better position for many reasons to headline than Scott Hall is. They used Edge to headline whilst he was recent and still had a strong name recognition, Scott Hall has been in oblivion for a long time.

I like Scott Hall, was one of my favourites back in the day, more than I ever liked Edge but as an individual I don't think you can say he did more in this industry than Edge when you compare their careers, as a group with Nash, or the nWo, then yes, you can make the claim due to sheer impact the nWo had but that isn't Scott Hall by himself.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
The way they are doing Scott Hall just off of his WWF career he is not a headliner. Even if you add his NWO stuff even then he might not be a headliner. Was Hall a star in both WWF and WCW yes but he doesn't have a resume to headline a WWE HOF class

1 - 7 of 7 Posts