Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to guys like Jackson and Daniel Bryan, WWE does a terrible job in putting them over as a big deal on the show. Bryan managed to get himself over, but he pretty much did that on his own, minus WWE electing to not job him out to the heels.

Bryan is simple, he's been pinned cleanly ONCE (discounting his match with Edge) since becoming United States champion and is STILL being regarded as a joke by the heels. There is having your characters hating and disliking the guy, and then there's the same characters burying him. Heels should be gunning to make an example out of Bryan due to him being a nerd who's holding the championship, but they should also take the guy seriously and show some humility for the continued embarrasment they've received at his hands. Bryan however is being dismissed as a joke even by Maryse and Micheal Cole goes too far in his tyraids on Bryan to the point of burying him as opposed to showing general dislike/contempt (which would aid Cole's character without making him excessively annoying); this affects the audience's perception of him, particularly those who may have missed his better matches in the 'E.

Jackson's situation is worse, the point of a monster in general fiction is to see who will invariably end up slaying the guy; the monster itself isn't supposed to get over because the mystique of said monster dies after he loses. Jackson being a face alone kills it (he's too clumbsy to be a badass), but its compounded by most wrestlers not particularly caring about taking him down. He's just being put in matches for no particular reasoning; monsters get over by everyone else on the show putting over how strong said monster is, not just the commentators. If Jackson is expected to get over himself, then he needs to be given more to do than posing and squashing Zack Ryder.

I don't expect WWE to change because the writers are just plain bad (even management seems to realise this what with the recent firings). Just wanted to post my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bryan Danielson is cool dude.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Most character interactions between anyone are silly these days. Just look at Cena vs anybody, Edge/Kane, etc...that's why it's special when you get feuds like HBK/Taker or Jericho/Mystero...they add a personial/seriousness to the feud that makes it more then about beating each other up for a title or something.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
In regards to guys like Jackson and Daniel Bryan, WWE does a terrible job in putting them over as a big deal on the show. Bryan managed to get himself over, but he pretty much did that on his own, minus WWE electing to not job him out to the heels.

Bryan is simple, he's been pinned cleanly ONCE (discounting his match with Edge) since becoming United States champion and is STILL being regarded as a joke by the heels. There is having your characters hating and disliking the guy, and then there's the same characters burying him. Heels should be gunning to make an example out of Bryan due to him being a nerd who's holding the championship, but they should also take the guy seriously and show some humility for the continued embarrasment they've received at his hands. Bryan however is being dismissed as a joke even by Maryse and Micheal Cole goes too far in his tyraids on Bryan to the point of burying him as opposed to showing general dislike/contempt (which would aid Cole's character without making him excessively annoying); this affects the audience's perception of him, particularly those who may have missed his better matches in the 'E.

Jackson's situation is worse, the point of a monster in general fiction is to see who will invariably end up slaying the guy; the monster itself isn't supposed to get over because the mystique of said monster dies after he loses. Jackson being a face alone kills it (he's too clumbsy to be a badass), but its compounded by most wrestlers not particularly caring about taking him down. He's just being put in matches for no particular reasoning; monsters get over by everyone else on the show putting over how strong said monster is, not just the commentators. If Jackson is expected to get over himself, then he needs to be given more to do than posing and squashing Zack Ryder.

I don't expect WWE to change because the writers are just plain bad (even management seems to realise this what with the recent firings). Just wanted to post my thoughts.
Pretty sure Cole got DB over. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure WWE allowed DB to submit the current champ, the Miz. He beat Ziggler a billion times, and Dibiase too.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure Cole got DB over. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure WWE allowed DB to submit the current champ, the Miz. He beat Ziggler a billion times, and Dibiase too.
Yes, the rivalry between Cole and Bryan got him over initially. At this point, the hate, although tame compared to earlier in the year, serves more to make Cole annoying than exactly helping Bryan out.

I also acknowledge Bryan getting wins over Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, and DiBiase. That's why it's so odd that he's still considered a nerd in-universe, and not exactly regarded with the respect a guy of his supposed momentum would generally get aside from the announcers not named Cole.

And please don't misinteperate my thread, I like Bryan.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
If only the WWE gave as much of a shit about Ezekiel's career as you and I do. Dropkicks and cartwheels are fine but I much prefer watching a monster going nuts and destroying opponents. Jackson reeks of potential. I hope it amounts to something.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Isn't that what DB is? A supposed geek and a loser kid who can make you tap with an awesome submission?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts