Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ninemsn.com.au said:
Top CBS foreign correspondent Lara Logan suffered a "brutal" sexual assault at the hands of a mob in Egypt while covering the downfall of president Hosni Mubarak, the network said.

"She and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into a frenzy," CBS said in a statement.

PHOTOS: Lara Logan's career

"In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers."

The incident took place on Cairo's central Tahrir Square last Friday, the day Mubarak stepped down, CBS said.

The assault lasted for around 20 to 30 minutes, an insider told the Wall Street Journal, though they stated that it was "not a rape".

Logan was flown to the United States the next day. She spent several days in hospital before being released.

South African-born Logan has covered the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, becoming one of the US media's most recognisable war correspondents.

She became CBS News chief foreign correspondent in 2006 after starting at the network four years earlier.

The mother of two young children, Logan met her husband, a defence contractor, while working as a correspondent in Iraq.

She had been in Egypt to cover the celebrations after Mubarak's resignation for news program 60 Minutes.
fpalm at the world we live in.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Rape is a form of sexual assault, Kiz. All rapes are sexual assault but not all sexual assaults are rapes.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
I'm assuming they just groped her and such. Rape would require them to actually have fucked her in one way or another and I'm glad it was stopped before it got that far. These people are totally out of control.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
well you would assume a "brutal" sexual assault would most likely constitute as rape.
Possibly, but not necessarily. Let's say for instance if it's a groping. If they injure her while doing it that could cause someone to report it as brutal.

But when I hear, "brutal sexual assault" I immediately think of rape as well.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Unorganized groups(mobs) are dangerous. I seriously doubt this group is doing more than just shouting and breaking shit.

·
Old School
4,782 Posts
A bit off topic, but rape has always seemed so odd to me. From the victim's POV, you'd be feeling so many emotions that the experience would just be overwhelming. I mean obviously any pain that comes with it, obviously it being non consensual, fear, etc. But at the same time, you could orgasm. Like that would be the weirdest experience. Here you are getting raped, but you orgasm. How do you process that? Could you still enjoy it? Would you fight it?

I just found it odd that an act that is considered heinous and wrong could bring the victim pleasure. Odd.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
well the only problem is, where do you draw the line
What line?

The lines are pretty clear as far as the law goes. There are several different degrees of sexual assault.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
A bit off topic, but rape has always seemed so odd to me. From the victim's POV, you'd be feeling so many emotions that the experience would just be overwhelming. I mean obviously any pain that comes with it, obviously it being non consensual, fear, etc. But at the same time, you could orgasm. Like that would be the weirdest experience. Here you are getting raped, but you orgasm. How do you process that? Could you still enjoy it? Would you fight it?

I just found it odd that an act that is considered heinous and wrong could bring the victim pleasure. Odd.
That line of reasoning has always been used by lawyers defending rapists in court. Orgasms are sometimes forced and uncontrollable and orgasms don't necessarily mean that the victim enjoyed it. You cannot justify rape.

·
Old School
4,782 Posts
That line of reasoning has always been used by lawyers defending rapists in court. Orgasms are sometimes forced and uncontrollable and orgasms don't necessarily mean that the victim enjoyed it. You cannot justify rape.
Oh, of course. I'm not trying to justify it. I'm just stating that it's always intrigued me how you could experience the sensation of an orgasm while being put through such a life shattering experience as rape. I couldn't imagine the emotions that would be running through your body.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
"If you're gonna get raped you might as well lay there and enjoy it."

Bobby Knight

·
✔
21,671 Posts
What line?

The lines are pretty clear as far as the law goes. There are several different degrees of sexual assault.
well, to one person it may be rape, but to another, sexual assault. but i have nfi when it comes to the legal system.

·
3,246 Posts
That's the Egyptians way of telling America to stay out there way.

Or they were just horny.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
"Sexual Assualt" looks better written than "Rape" That's all it is, modern media hate using Rape.

Not at all shocked by this, I've seen first hand how white women are treated in some countries (I went to Afghanistan in 2009 for the BBC) and saw with my own two peepers how people behave towards women, especially white ones. And they're cowards about it too, they'll do nothing in front of a Military presence or in small groups.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
So what? I think sexual assault in Egypt is somewhat of a regular occurrence , only difference is they don't moan about it, they just lay back and enjoy the ride.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts