Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a small update on the WWE status of Chris Jericho and The Great Khali, they are both currently listed under the "Current Superstars" section of WWE.com but F4WOnline.com reports that neither one of them are currently being advertised for any upcoming WWE shows. One might assume that they'll both be scheduled for events in the coming weeks if WWE does plan on keeping them around for a while.

In the case of The Great Khali, it's been well-documented that he is a fairly major star in India and WWE is still hoping to expand their business in India with Jinder Mahal. So it's expected that Khali will continue to make appearances with Mahal on at least a part-time basis.
https://wrestlingnewssource.com/news/47486/Quick-Update-on-the-Status-of-Chris-Jericho/

·
Baby It's Violence
8,653 Posts
Just make Khali the big threatening dude on the faction. Never ever let him wrestle again though.

Jericho probably just stopped by during a break between Fozzy shows. Can't see him doing much else right now.

Reactions: Vic Capri

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
Jericho only showed up so Owens wouldn't have to eat a pin. Doubt he'll be back full time for a while yet.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
khali will work fine as a bodyguard type guy in a managers type position of never wrestling, have him come out and stand silently behind jinder and act as a threat, maybe defend here and there but thats it, nothing more.

Reactions: Vic Capri

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
There's always all this talk about how Khali is this "huge star in India" but is there any actual evidence of this?

WWE has tried the whole "bring in Khali we'll get huge in India" thing and it didn't work. How do we know Khali isn't a star in India the same way Paris Hilton in a star in America, sure everyone knows who she is, but no one gives a fuck what she does never mind paying money to see it?

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
I don't think Khali is in any position to wrestle. It took him 20 minutes to walk down the aisle...meanwhile Randy just sat there on the top of the wall and waited on him.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Oh nice, Mahal is not enough, we have fucking Great Khali

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
one of the only positive things i took going into the whole punjabi prison match this time around, was the absence of the great khali... then who fucking decides to show up. what a time to be alive.

·
Registered
17,556 Posts
There's always all this talk about how Khali is this "huge star in India" but is there any actual evidence of this?

WWE has tried the whole "bring in Khali we'll get huge in India" thing and it didn't work. How do we know Khali isn't a star in India the same way Paris Hilton in a star in America, sure everyone knows who she is, but no one gives a fuck what she does never mind paying money to see it?
Maybe a decade ago, but Khali isn't this massive Indian draw that WWE think he is. Hit his peak when he was in Indian Big Brother.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,635 Posts
I guess business in India isn't so hot if they have to sink to such depths as putting the title on Jinder (months ago at this point) AND bring back a geek like Khali..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As long as Khali doesn't wrestle, it's fine. If he's Mahal's bodyguard and just throws Mahal's foes into Tables and shit, then im up for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts