Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by the TNA spoilers, here is the card for the TNA Bound for Glory PPV. This is not confirmed at this time…

* Crimson vs. Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe
* Kazarian vs. Jeff Jarrett
* RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
* AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
* Sting vs. Hulk Hogan
* Falls Count Anywhere: Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson
* TNA Knockouts Title Match: Winter © vs. Velvet Sky vs. Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne
* TNA Tag Team Title Match: Mexican America © vs. Ink Inc.
* TNA X-Division Title Match: Austin Aries © vs. Brian Kendrick
* TNA World Title Match: Kurt Angle © vs. Bobby Roode
So No Pope, No Gunner, No Storm, No Steiner on the card but people that just come back on tv like Madison Rayne, Kaz and Ink Inc make the PPV?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looks decent to me. I mean, what would you propose to do with Pope and Devon and Gunner and the rest?

Only thing I'd add to that Card is Eric Young vs Robbie E, having Robbie E and Big Rob go over and win the TV Belt. It would get Robbie E a push and more TV time, and it would bring him heat with Big Rob as his protector and helping him keep winning. You could bring in other contenders to that division to only so closely fail to win becuase of Big Rob all the time, but then have EY battle back slowly over a 2-3 month long fued to finally win it back. I think it would actually make that title worth something and would be a GREAT fued with golden comedy moments.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Gunner, Pope,Devon and Storm been on tv more then Madison, Jeff Hardy, Ink Inc, and Kaz in the last months

Pope/Devon vs Mexican American

Storm vs Gunner

remove InK Inc, Kaz and Jerrett from the card

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Doesn't look like a bad card at all. Jeff Hardy will definately have a match at Bound For Glory, not sure who he'll face, though. Gunner and Steiner will also have a match, maybe a tag match of sorts.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Here is what my card would have been:

-Roode Vs. Angle for the World Title...that's fine.
-RVD Vs. Lynn is fine.
-Joe Vs. Morgan Vs. Crimson is ok

Changing up everything else:

Sting, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, & Christopher Daniels Vs. Hulk Hogan, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, & Abyss: 10 Man Tag Team Match for Control of IW = Seriously, does anybody want to see Hogan Vs. Sting one on one? Or does anybody really care about Ray Vs. Anderson? And I've already said my piece on AJ Vs. Daniels and how its an overly repetitive feud that TNA has driven into the ground. This match cuts the fat, combines the individual rivalries, and you get your "Hogan is Wrestling!" novelty thrown in there in a way that will hide his limitations.

Mexican America Vs. Gun Money for the Tag Titles = Come on! Wouldn't it have been more fun to see Shelley & Storm paired up again than throwing Ink Inc. into the mix?

Austin Aries Vs. Kazarian for the X Title = We already got Kendrick Vs. Aries with a title change on PPV. I'd rather see something a little spicier.

Mickie James Vs. Velvet Sky for the KO Title = The Winter/Love BS has been terrible and I would have just rather had Velvet beating one of them in a contenders match at NS and set up a face vs. face match for BFG with Mickie passing the torch to Velvet. That's a lot simpler than just having a 4 way with a BS heel act that I don't like and Madison who hasn't been on TV in a while.

and then some kind of X Division, Tag Team, or Battle Royal match to round it out.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
the card looks really good from top to bottom.. i will def order the show, but not for Hogan and Sting.. For Roode and Angle and the fact that Austin Aries is getting his dues..

I dont get why you guys want to see a multi-man tag.. While yes those are cool, most people will just see it as TNA stealing a WWE idea(being its so close to survivor series) Anyway i doubt it will be the main event( hogan vs. sting) the ME will be Roode and Angle.. hopefully

also why do Steiner, Gunner, Pope and Devon and the like need to be on the card? they will just take space from guys and girls who actually deserve it.. As for Storm its no doubt, he will be in Roodes corner

·
Da' Maniac loves you
9,139 Posts
Roode vs. Angle is a good looking world title match. But uh, Bully Ray vs. Anderson, RVD vs. Lynn and Sting vs. Hogan (being the biggest match draw on the show is bad enough)? No thanks. Styles/Daniels & Aries/Kendrick matches will be good but I had enough seeing one and the other I don't want to watch as a PPV match again. The rest of the card? Meh. I am very happy to see Velvet might get her moment at least. But I don't think I will be ordering though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I feel as if the Hogan vs. Sting match is TNA's tool to attract the interest of casual fans, as in, their real goal is to make sure there are as many viewers as possible to watch the Roode vs. Angle match where a TNA homegrown talent finally gets to shine (sorry for fairly poor wording).

·
Registered
895 Posts
I feel as if the Hogan vs. Sting match is TNA's tool to attract the interest of casual fans, as in, their real goal is to make sure there are as many viewers as possible to watch the Roode vs. Angle match where a TNA homegrown talent finally gets to shine (sorry for fairly poor wording).
I really hope this is the case, because it would be a very nice decision to show off, the rise of Bobby Roode.

Hogan and Bischoff are gonna leave, Sting stays for one more year as the awesome Insane Icon and TNA gets back on track.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
If that is the official card then TNA is even more laughable than most of us had thought. This will be overbooked so badly it will make Punk vs. Triple H look like Thesz vs. Gotch.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Oh no where's devon? LOL Hahahahahahaha. Everybody said he was main eventing b4g and winning the world title LOL too funny. The card looks eh though. Could've been better and the build up is bad. The build up to last year's show was better.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh no where's devon? LOL Hahahahahahaha. Everybody said he was main eventing b4g and winning the world title LOL too funny. The card looks eh though. Could've been better and the build up is bad. The build up to last year's show was better.
The build up last year was horrible, it was all about "They" and the go home for last year was awful and didn't fell like a big show compare to BFG 09

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Looking at that card, a couple matches look good, but much of it doesn’t feel special or like it should be on a company’s biggest PPV of the year. The theme of the show seems to be staleness and rehashes. I could sort of understand doing repeats of good matches from earlier this year especially if the storylines are hot, but most of the repeated matches weren’t good the last time and/or warranted a rematch. Overall, that card feels a little underwhelming.

Angle/Roode should be great and I’ll be glad if they put the belt on Roode. I have no problem with that match, but after that, there are some issues. AJ/Daniels should be really good if it doesn’t get shorted on time, but it feels really old hat and like those two continue to run in place. RVD/Lynn could be decent, but I see no value in doing a meaningless mid-card nostalgia match featuring a guy under a short-time deal that they already did a couple months ago that did no business then and does nothing to help them moving on. Hogan/Sting was bad 10 years ago and will be downright terrible this time, does nothing to set TNA up for the future, and I don’t see it being the big draw that many are pegging it to be. Mexican America vs. Ink Inc happened a few months ago and was bad. Joe vs. Crimson was bad a few months ago and Joe vs. Morgan wasn’t too good so putting those three together doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. Aries/Kendrick could be decent, but I still think Kendrick is totally miscast as the top face of a division and I think the X Division should and could have a more exciting match on this show. Anderson/Bully Ray wasn’t good last time they did it and I don’t find anything involving Anderson remotely appealing. The gimmick, however, could save it. I expect the Knockouts match will be a mess. Hopefully it’s super short.

Guys like Crimson (green, not over), Mexican America (careless in the ring, not over, haven’t contributed one good thing their entire run), Kendrick (sloppy, not over, bad promo, bad gimmick), Morgan (below average in the ring, highly over rated on the mic, has had like 4 good matches his entire time in the company), & Lynn (not even under contract, won’t add one extra buy, sell one extra ticket, or set anyone or anything up for the future) getting matches while guys like Storm (one of the best and most over guys in the company), Shelley (another great worker who’s over, one of the only X guys in the company fans somewhat care about), British Invasion (currently the de facto best team in TNA’s tag division, have a title shot coming due to winning that Xplosion tournament a month ago), and possibly some others who’re slipping my mind don’t have a match is kind of ridiculous, particularly Storm given his performance tonight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts