Wrestling Forum banner

Update on who will close Wrestlemania

2999 Views 28 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  DaBlueGuy
As of this week, creative has not decided on whether to close WrestleMania XXVII with The Undertaker vs. Triple H or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson confronting John Cena—which would indicate that Cena vs. The Miz is the main event. Internally, Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler is considered the third biggest match on the show.

So with that news, do you agree with WWE descision?

www.ewrestling.com
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Yes, it should be Lawler/Cole, then 'Taker/HHH, then Miz/Cena closing the show.

· Registered
861 Posts
Internally, Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler is considered the third biggest match on the show. www.ewrestling.com
Is the WHC match ever going to get any prestige at Mania?! Obviously it'll always fall behind the WWE title match and a "goliaths" match (in this case, Taker/HHH), but to fall behind King/Cole/Austin?!?! :shocked:

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Is the WHC match ever going to get any prestige at Mania?! Obviously it'll always fall behind the WWE title match and a "goliaths" match (in this case, Taker/HHH), but to fall behind King/Cole/Austin?!?! :shocked:
WWE Championship should always be one of the last 2 matches, and they have to separate them. It makes perfect sense to put the WHC in the middle of the show.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
Saw this report as well.

I think they have to close with Miz/Cena for numerous reasons.

1) If they want to put Miz over big time, which I am assuming they do, they need to give him everything they can at this Mania. The chances of him retaining the belt at Mania are very high in my opinion, and if you're going to have your WWE Champion walk in AND out with the belt, why not have it be the last match.

2) There is no question that the hottest rivalry/build going into Mania this year is Rock/Cena. Seeing as Rock has all of this back and forth going on with Cena, and he has most recently been called out by Miz, the three men need to be the show closing match. I am very comfortable in predicting that Miz will sneak out the victory, and then Rock and Cena will have their stare down in the ring. Throw in a Rock Bottom or two, and I think we're set.

3) HHH/Taker, while a huge match in itself, should not close the show. As Triple H said, the two of them will define an era at Wrestlemania. That's all fine and good, but in defining/closing that era, WWE needs to usher in the next era. Putting HHH/Taker on last would be a step in the wrong direction. Also, neither World Title match closed the show last year which I am sure is something Vince keeps in mind. Only do the biggest non-title matches close Mania...well some have. Many should have...cough cough Rock/Hogan. :)

· Registered
9,596 Posts
Probably Cena/Miz since it ties into The Rock...WWE would probably want a Rock/Cena scenario closing it's their biggest show of the year...Only reason it would be something else would be because of the element of surprise i.e HHH vs Taker would go on last because Taker will lose

· Registered
2,804 Posts
well, the rumble winner should go on last...that is how it used to be....but adr and edge really arent that appealing as a "main event". so yeah, cena/miz should be last. the rock costs cena the title...then they have their little confrontation and then cena goes ballistic and destroys the rock turning massive heel..then either cuts a quick promo after or on raw saying basically fuck you to the fans and everyone else. OR...ya know, they'll have their little staredown...they'll both start laughing, shake hands and enjoy a giant bowl of fruity pebbles together.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
I really hope it's Triple H vs. Undertaker. It's like HBK/UT from last year. How can anything possibly go AFTER that match. The two last remaining mega-stars of the attitude era, clashing at WrestleMania. I agree that the new generation should main event, but not when you have a match this big on the card. Hell, if Cena/Batista didn't go on last...

Want I want for Cena/Miz is for Miz to retain, some Cena/Rock confrontation, and that's it. TEASING a Rock/Cena match is not right for a WM main event. Since this will probably be it for the attitude era, I say let them go out big, since next year it will probably be some combination of newer guys, since WWE realizes they have to push them, seeing as how UT and HHH will probably spend most of 2011 on the shelf.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
Always? What are you talking about? The World Heavyweight title closed the show at WrestleMania 21 (HHH v. Batista) and XXIV (Edge v. Undertaker).

· copy of a copy of a
4,015 Posts
Always? What are you talking about? The World Heavyweight title closed the show at WrestleMania 21 (HHH v. Batista) and XXIV (Edge v. Undertaker).

Let's not forget Michaels and HHH main evented Wrestlemania XX in a unique Two-Man Triple Threat for said title.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Fans are gonna be loudest for the Rock interactions with several stars throughout the night..it won't be that way with Taker/HHH. The crowd is gonna be dead for certain portions of that match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.