Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The IIconics were reportedly pulled from WWE TV several weeks back.

There's no word yet on why the decision was made, but Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that WWE officials may have pulled The IIconics from TV to re-package them. The idea was that they would be back, but there's no known timetable for their returns, and no word on what the re-package could consist of.

Peyton Royce and Billie Kay haven't wrestled since their loss to Charlotte Flair and RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch on the November 18 RAW episode. They did appear the next week for a pre-taped WWE Shop Black Friday segment with R-Truth. It looks like Kay and Royce have also been pulled from WWE live event action as well. They did work the homecoming live events in Australia last October, but that was it.

Stay tuned for updates on the returns of The IIconics, who have remained active on social media while out of action.

As seen below, a fan tweeted that they miss seeing the former WWE Women's Tag Team Champions on TV this week.

Peyton responded, "We miss you too [face with stuck out tongue emoji]"

Peyton also commented on last night's SmackDown Fatal 4 Way main event, which saw Carmella defeat Dana Brooke, Alexa Bliss and Naomi to earn a future title shot from SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley.

She wrote, "This was great! Congrats ladies [clapping hands emoji] @CarmellaWWE @AlexaBliss_WWE @NaomiWWE @DanaBrookeWWE"
Source: The IIconics Reportedly Pulled From WWE TV - Wrestling Inc.

-----

There has been a lot of speculation on social media about the status of The IIConics with some suggesting that an injury to one or both of them might be the reason why they’ve been off WWE TV.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce haven’t wrestled since November and they’ve been off all live events since that time and they were not part of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Whatever the situation is with them, it looks like they will be back at some point. Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that a decision was made to take them off TV. There are no details but it looks like repackaging them could be an option.

2019 did not work out as originally planned for The IIConics. They won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships from Sasha Banks and Bayley at WrestleMania but their reign was treated as an afterthought.

The reason for this is because the original plan was for The IIConics to feud with the returning Bella Twins into the summer. However, Nikki got a bad medical diagnosis on her neck and that nixed plans for the feud. Nikki and Brie were originally supposed to be involved in a segment with Royce and Kay on the SmackDown after WrestleMania.
Source: Update on The IIconics, who have disappeared from WWE TV | Wrestling News

@Mordecay

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I have a hard time believing the WWE will repackage them. Their antics get a reaction from the crowd and the WWE loves milking it for all it's worth. I also don't see them ever being pushed much so I don't know why they would repackage something that was working.

I feel like their ceiling has already been reached in the WWE. I wanted them to do a group with Emma.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Create a new Aussie women stable that create chaos in womens division. Kind of like NXT beating up John Cena every week.

A group could be lead by Rhea Ripley and include Toni Storm, IIconics. Even Nia Jax could be part of the group given she was born there.

Would love to see Becky, Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha take a group beating from this new stable ;)

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,822 Posts
there are just so many ppl some are bound to be left off tv for a while.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,103 Posts
The IIconics were reportedly pulled from WWE TV several weeks back.

There's no word yet on why the decision was made, but Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that WWE officials may have pulled The IIconics from TV to re-package them. The idea was that they would be back, but there's no known timetable for their returns, and no word on what the re-package could consist of.

Peyton Royce and Billie Kay haven't wrestled since their loss to Charlotte Flair and RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch on the November 18 RAW episode. They did appear the next week for a pre-taped WWE Shop Black Friday segment with R-Truth. It looks like Kay and Royce have also been pulled from WWE live event action as well. They did work the homecoming live events in Australia last October, but that was it.

Stay tuned for updates on the returns of The IIconics, who have remained active on social media while out of action.

As seen below, a fan tweeted that they miss seeing the former WWE Women's Tag Team Champions on TV this week.

Peyton responded, "We miss you too [face with stuck out tongue emoji]"

Peyton also commented on last night's SmackDown Fatal 4 Way main event, which saw Carmella defeat Dana Brooke, Alexa Bliss and Naomi to earn a future title shot from SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley.

She wrote, "This was great! Congrats ladies [clapping hands emoji] @CarmellaWWE @AlexaBliss_WWE @NaomiWWE @DanaBrookeWWE"
Source: The IIconics Reportedly Pulled From WWE TV - Wrestling Inc.

·
Southern Pride
2,804 Posts
I just want Peyton Royce back on my TV more often again.

The problem with their gimmick is that WWE didn't know what to do with it creatively besides having them do the same skit while walking to the ring over and over again. The gimmick itself was okay, WWE was just wasn't being creative with it enough.

·
Registered
22,591 Posts
To me the best repackage they can do is just letting Peyton get more ring time in singles action while Billie is the valet.

Peyton may not be polished, but I’ve always thought she had potential as a singles. As a tag team they’re too comedy based and I’ve never thought highly of Billie in the ring.

·
\m/
22,711 Posts
To me the best repackage they can do is just letting Peyton get more ring time in singles action while Billie is the valet.

Peyton may not be polished, but I’ve always thought she had potential as a singles. As a tag team they’re too comedy based and I’ve never thought highly of Billie in the ring.
Agreed, I've always felt that Billie kind of held back Peyton. I quite like Peyton but Billie not so much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't say I'm a fan of there's. In fact, I think they suck but they are one of the few female tag teams that exist and for some reason Women's Tag Titles exist so I think it's weird that WWE don't wheel them out more often just to give that division some more life.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts