Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Re: Rousey To Film Movie During Mania Season (Stephanie Out Of Luck)

The Rock could team with Eva Marie instead. She's in line for a huge push right now, and The Rock and Eva Marie are good friends. He's constantly praising her on social media and they've attended several events together.

I think that this would be a great opportunity to bring some attention to the divas and the hard work that they've been putting in these past few years.

·
Running From Work, Jumping To Conclusions
1,840 Posts

Even if she didn't have a movie to film I would have been surprised if WWE were able to get her for Mania again. Dana seemed ready to squashed it before things got out of hand with this crazy WWE thing.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

Fantastic news.

60,001 Posts

I agree about Rock/Hunter. In 2016, I have no interest in what was once one of my favorite rivalries. I know Vince wants to rely on the part timers and elder statesmen of WWE, but I would prefer fresh, new matchups as opposed to these nostalgia riddled matches.

·
Banned
1,315 Posts

The Rock could team with Eva Marie instead. She's in line for a huge push right now, and The Rock and Eva Marie are good friends. He's constantly praising her on social media and they've attended several events together.

I think that this would be a great opportunity to bring some attention to the divas and the hard work that they've been putting in these past few years.

Good lord they actually look good together, my boy rocky better be hitting that.

·
FOTC
10,735 Posts

I still don't think Stephanie will stop pursuing her. Hell in a Cell is in Los Angeles. If Rousey doesn't appear then we can say for sure she won't be at WM. But if Stephanie has any common sense (which is debatable) she will realize she has a budding star in Sasha Banks. Instead of putting all this attention on an outsider WWE needs to prominently feature Sasha Banks at WM. I realize Rousey is a big star, but in a WWE ring Sasha is better than her in every conceivable way.

·
Banned
267 Posts

Does Ronda have down syndrome?

·
Banned
1,747 Posts

Glad that it keeps her away from WWE, but seriously they are remaking roadhouse with her as the star? What's the world coming to

·
FOTC
10,735 Posts

Glad that it keeps her away from WWE, but seriously they are remaking roadhouse with her as the star? What's the world coming to
Road House is a 1989 American action film directed by Rowdy Herrington and starring Patrick Swayze as a bouncer at a newly refurbished roadside bar who protects a small town in Missouri from a corrupt businessman.[3] Sam Elliott also plays a bouncer, the mentor, friend and foil of Swayze's character. The cast also includes Kelly Lynch as Swayze's love interest, and Ben Gazzara as the main antagonist.
So I guess they want Rousey to be a bouncer who protects a small town?

I'm not really sure what to think about this. Rousey has a window of about 2 years to make movies. After that she will fizzle out like Gina Carrano did. This movie might be successful if they can get a strong supporting cast for her.

·
FOTC
10,735 Posts

Stephanie is so desperate I wouldn't put it past her to give Rousey the most convenient schedule possible for her to be apart of WM 32.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

I think it was a great moment at WM31 and if it remains as just that then so be it. She can't be that old, maybe 28? Plenty young enough at some point over the next few years to have a nice 4 - 5 year run in the WWE.

Also shot by shot remake of Roadhouse? Anyone else with me on this?

·
Banned
1,547 Posts

Don't see how it would stop her turning up to do the show, she'd only need to take a single day off filming the movie, hell the way they churn out movies she could film her parts in less than a week.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
21 - 40 of 55 Posts