Wrestling Forum banner

Update on MCMG

2039 Views 18 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  acracker
The Motor City Machine Guns, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, were backstage at last Thursday's TNA iMPACT! taping in Fayetteville, North Carolina. They filmed a pre-taped segment that is expected to air on next week's episode of TNA iMPACT!.

Source F4Wonline.com

Very Happy to see that Shelley is healthy and that the Guns will be back soon.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts
good news

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully they'll go solo in the X-Division soon, though.
I agree. X division needs them right now, even more than tag team division.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully they'll go solo in the X-Division soon, though.
God i hope not as the tag team division has been carrying TNA since the middle of last year and breaking up their best in ring working tag team would be horrible considering that TNA don't even care about the X Division anymore. There was a report a month or two ago which said that TNA were going to build the X Division back up and that they had signed El Zorro who was AAA champion as well as Puma/TJ Perkins and were giving El Generico tryout matches but since then there has been no sign of TJ Perkins or El Zorro and El Generico has signed a new contract with ROH.

There is no doubting that Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are very good in ring workers but they can't hold both the tag team division and the X Division together and if i to choose which division i would rather see them in then it would be the tag team division every single time. If the X Division is to be rebuilt then they should bring El Zorro and TJ Perkins up onto the roster now and then attempt to sign Jack Evans which was rumoured quite a lot recently which added to Jay Lethal wherever he is, Frankie Kazarian, Brian Kendrick, Amazing Red and Doug Williams who i would put back there would be a good start.

Outside of Generation Me there isn't a real heel tag team on the roster anymore since Beer Money turned face and it is no secret that TNA management are very annoyed with Generation Me because of their backstage attitude and time keeping so they are not going to get pushed towards the title's anytime soon. Ink Inc i had read either have or maybe turning bu have no momentum as they have always been more of a mid card act and Gunner and Murphy were kayfabe security a couple of months ago so right now a Beer Money/MCMG feud would be best for TNA as a face vs face feud for a while until they can A) sign another tag team who would be heel or B) build someone else up enough.

· Registered
12,961 Posts
It's up to MCMG. Do they want to stay a tag team or go a new route in their careers? Sometimes great tag teams breaking up is for the best, HBK,Steve Austin,etc. just to name some. Scott Steiner waited 5 years too late but was able to still get over solo.

Shelley,Sabin,Roode and Storm is all ready to carry the company. More so than AJ Styles,Jeff Hardy and Ken Anderson in my opinion.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
I can’t imagine Shelley is ready to return this soon. Either way, I don’t see TNA doing much of note with the Guns in the lead up to Lockdown so they might as well keep him out of the ring until after that PPV. Using him in a non-wrestling role for a while would be fine. Sabin, however, should have been doing something this whole time since TNA’s match quality, particularly that on Impact, has been lacking lately.

As for what division to use them in (tag or X), I say tag (once Shelley returns). For one, there’s a better chance of them getting pushed as a team than as singles right now. I see them having a difficult time being perceived by management as more than X Division wrestlers as singles, which greatly limits their upward mobility. Officials claim the X Division is in another rebuilding period, but other than maybe Kazarian saying it’s moving back to the forefront in a 2 minute promo or two, there has been nothing on TV to indicate such a thing. If that division makes TV (some weeks it doesn’t), it’s for a short, throwaway match. The tag division, however, as anemic as it is, gets more TV time and better positioning. Secondly, with MCMG out, it has become more obvious that TNA’s tag division has been a two division team for some time, with MCMG being one of said teams. No team TNA currently has--Gen Me, Ink Inc, Gunner & Murphy, Eric Young & Orlando Jordan--feel like good replacements for MCMG in the #1 or #2 team spot long term, and I don’t see them putting the Hardys in the division for any real length of time. I see no good reason to break up one of their better acts in order to put them in a division that gets less TV time and will see them get less of a push. Currently they may be more marketable as a team too.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Finally. Felt longer than it actually was.
Woah you can say that again

I guess we all missed Alex THAt much, the little jericho in the making, SHELLY FOR WHC!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.