Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
– As previously reported, Maria and Mike Kanellis both appeared on last night’s Monday Night Raw. During the show, they lost a mixed tag team match to Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch after Lynch submitted Mike Kanellis. During the match, Maria Kanellis avoided getting attacked by Lynch by revealing that she was pregnant. The revelation appeared to surprise Mike Kanellis mid-match, who asked how she could be pregnant. Maria Kanellis replied to her husband, “I don’t know because I don’t think you’re man enough to get me pregnant!” During today’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer shared some insight on the angle.

According to Meltzer, Maria is actually “legit” pregnant in real life. Bryan Alvarez stated the angle was an absolute burial of Kanellis and how, “They just signed a five-year deal. They could’ve signed a 50-year deal, and I don’t think you’re ever going to make a dime off Kanellis from here on out. Like what was that?” Meltzer stated in response, “That was an angle to get people talking.”

After Mike Kanellis lost the match by submitting to Lynch, Maria ran down her husband. She said, “You’re just a disappointment. The only ‘man’ here tonight was ‘The Man’ Becky. So maybe the next time, I’ll ask Becky to impregnate me.” You can check out a video of that segment from Raw below.
Source: https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-update-maria-kanellis-pregnancy/

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I think its dumb to bury any of your talent like this, especially when they’re a legitimate couple in real life... but hey WWE doesnt really care and people are gonna continue signing with them so its ultimately on them

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
It may "get people talking," but certainly not the kind of chatter WWE wants. I've seen countless horrible segments over the years and that was one of the all-timers methinks.
Not as bad as Hawk "committing suicide" but what kind of measuring stick is that?

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,155 Posts
Not that I give a fuck about Mike Kanellis but how retarded was that by WWE? You got shittons of talent looking for the door and the way to convince them to re-sign for 5 years is to give the last person to re-sign the all-time GOAT burial? If you're the Revival or Gallows and Anderson how could you ever consider re-signing if you have even the tiniest bit of pride in your work?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Anyone re-signing for five years in that company, from this point forward, after that Mike Kanellis burial gets no sympathy from me. Want to do it for money and security? Cool, go for it. Just don't expect me to care when you realize that you were once served a pipe dream yet again by a company looking for anything out of desperation to save whatever dwindling fanbase they have left.

I feel bad for Sasha when she comes back. She's going to get it bad.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
Not that I give a fuck about Mike Kanellis but how retarded was that by WWE? You got shittons of talent looking for the door and the way to convince them to re-sign for 5 years is to give the last person to re-sign the all-time GOAT burial? If you're the Revival or Gallows and Anderson how could you ever consider re-signing if you have even the tiniest bit of pride in your work?
At this point, it is standard practice to be humiliated by the WWE. Look at how they ended Moxley's run and he was considered a top talent.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Get people talking. It was harmless, and look at it this way it's someone that isn't a major star on WWE. So if anything it gave some exposure to lessen known talent. Better than blading yourself on a PPV and desperately beg for attention by lying to the audience.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Seems very strange that they would let a pregnant woman in the ring if true. The WWE has strict protocols about this sort of thing - I remember when Rosa Mendes was pregnant she wasn't even allowed to do interviews as would be in the way of danger.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Get people talking. It was harmless, and look at it this way it's someone that isn't a major star on WWE. So if anything it gave some exposure to lessen known talent. Better than blading yourself on a PPV and desperately beg for attention by lying to the audience.
This. Reason I'm happy with Paul working with Vince, is that Paul well go to good lengths to let every star on Raw to get some storylines or tv time for there character so the fans can get warm up to those certain wrestlers.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,155 Posts
At this point, it is standard practice to be humiliated by the WWE. Look at how they ended Moxley's run and he was considered a top talent.
I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Ambrose's burial booking and his regular lunatic fringe booking, what I found the most egregious was him only getting $500 for the last Shield special, that's the minimum jobbers get just for showing up to the arena, that's what local talent gets for 5 minutes of work. Ryback mentioned that he was making ~$3K per house show as a main eventer but Ambrose got $500 for a network special that was built around him? That's the real burial and shows how quickly Vince can decide you have no value.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Let's not overreact like we always do. This angle actually got Mike and Maria on TV. They might actually be on TV next week!
On TV doing what? No way Mike bounces back from this. I read on here somewhere they're trying to turn him face. Who'd get behind a guy that got tapped by a woman with 0 difficulty. Bro is DONE. they're making an example out of him for even thinking about leaving...

Sorry for the double post. Guess I've worked myself into a shoot here..

·
HEADBANGA
22,443 Posts
On TV doing what? No way Mike bounces back from this. I read on here somewhere they're trying to turn him face. Who'd get behind a guy that got tapped by a woman with 0 difficulty. Bro is DONE. they're making an example out of him for even thinking about leaving...
I dont know where they can take this but you have at least let it play out in order for to see what they have in store for Mike and Maria. This angle screams of Paul Heyman so I'm sure he has control over where this angle goes. Like everything else that happens week to week in wrestling, I wait and see how everything plays out in the bigger picture before I have a mental breakdown.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Ambrose's burial booking and his regular lunatic fringe booking, what I found the most egregious was him only getting $500 for the last Shield special, that's the minimum jobbers get just for showing up to the arena, that's what local talent gets for 5 minutes of work. Ryback mentioned that he was making ~$3K per house show as a main eventer but Ambrose got $500 for a network special that was built around him? That's the real burial and shows how quickly Vince can decide you have no value.
When I heard Moxley say that, I actually paused the audio and hit rewind. I couldn't believe it. Although, since it's Vince, it shouldn't have been that hard to believe.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,265 Posts
Maria looks atrocious, Mike is FINISHED. Mike got buried in that segment beyond rehabilitation (sadly and ironically) in this promotion. He has no future in WWE. Alvarez is right. There is no way to babyface redeem yourself from that, he's finished. He could be on a 50 year contract and he's never gonna draw WWE a dime.

They should have cut the both of them rather than do this Jerry Springer crap more than a decade after its relevancy with the company's two top champs. My lord. People always compare it to 1996-2006 grossness and goofiness but more often than not it wasn't top pieces in the company. They spent so much time and money and investment in Rollins and Lynch and they've got them doing undercard trash-tv like that?

:cornettefu

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Look at all of you giving this goddamn company the benefit of the doubt, once again, when they don't deserve it anymore.

This is why WWE will never feel the need to ultimately change. They have too many fans that excuse their nonsense and use that as a crutch to keep doing it. In a way, I almost can't blame them with how gullible fans are thinking just because they got a decent RAW, that means WWE is in the right rack or mean it this time.

:eyeroll

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,265 Posts
"Hey, its only the start of the angle! Why be so harsh, lets see where it goes!"

That's an acceptable thing to say about a new promotion that hasn't been bamboozling you for years like MLW or AEW. They get sympy and benny of the doubt. WWE gets no sympy or benny.

Here's where its headed: Right down Dead End Road into Car Crash Brick Wall Avenue. There. I saved you 3 months. You're welcome.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I dont know where they can take this but you have at least let it play out in order for to see what they have in store for Mike and Maria. This angle screams of Paul Heyman so I'm sure he has control over where this angle goes. Like everything else that happens week to week in wrestling, I wait and see how everything plays out in the bigger picture before I have a mental breakdown.
That's a very fair stance, but I'd be willing to bet he's going to be standing in the ring next week while a video package plays of what happened, to then be serenaded by chants of "you tapped out". I know geek is the latest buzz word around these parts, but poor Mike fits the bill.. but here's hoping I'm wrong

1 - 20 of 94 Posts