Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
He's at least here for Summer-Slam. They froze his contract when he fought at UFC 200. That was part of the deal.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I'd be fine with him coming back if his new contract obligated him to:

- Wrestle 1 PPV match a month
- Wrestle 1 match on RAW a month and no squash matches either
- Appear on RAW 2x a month

If not then go back to killin' deer and bangin Sable in Montana or wherever the fuck your house in the middle of nowhere is Brock BYE. Him being champ and never being around has done almost as much damage as Vince's priapism for ROMUN.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Well, isn't that JUST FUCKING DANDY! I'm so excited.

Why would you pay this fuckhead all that money that he demands when Ronda Rousey who's umpteenth times the name that he is is gonna be wrestling on all the shows that he's on and they're gonna draw the same numbers with or without him? God damn this company loves to absolutely flush their money down the toilet.

He offers absolutely nothing to WWE as a performer now. He had ONE thing that he offered, which was the ability to raise WWE's ratings and interest for PPV's, and now he doesn't even have that. Now we're just left with Ronda doing the drawing for him, and a guy who stands around doing a stupid little bouncing dance, never says anything, never works real wrestling matches, never adds anything to the show.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, isn't that JUST FUCKING DANDY! I'm so excited.

Why would you pay this fuckhead all that money that he demands when Ronda Rousey who's umpteenth times the name that he is is gonna be wrestling on all the shows that he's on and they're gonna draw the same numbers with or without him? God damn this company loves to absolutely flush their money down the toilet.

He offers absolutely nothing to WWE as a performer now. He had ONE thing that he offered, which was the ability to raise WWE's ratings and interest for PPV's, and now he doesn't even have that. Now we're just left with Ronda doing the drawing for him, and a guy who stands around doing a stupid little bouncing dance, never says anything, never works real wrestling matches, never adds anything to the show.
Tell that to the fans who went absolutely ape shit for his match with Goldberg at Wrestlemania ... or how he dragged Samoa Joe up to near main event level by working with him (when Joe was almost nothing in the months prior). Joe was 10 x more over when they were done than before (despite losing in 6 minutes)

... oh and let's see Ronda 'draw' before we claim she is in wrestling. Ratings have been garbage the last few weeks and we have no updates on Network buys. We might have an idea after Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Probably use him to put over Braun, hope the title not involved, tired of his lazy as fuck schedule.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts
Of course he's staying. He gets a bunch of money for doing next to nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if he was around another 10 years.

·
Premium Member
12,030 Posts
If they're prepared to meet his monetary demands and his schedule remains the same, why wouldn't Brock stay? It's not a difficult decision to make, unless he's decided he's made enough and wants to retire.

That being said, from a booking perspective, who the hell is he going to feud with? He's already ran through the entire roster.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Give him a proper feud with AJ with AJ getting the win at Summerslam

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'd be happy with a short term contract seeing him from Mania until Summerslam. With only one goal in mind during that short stint, build up and ultimately put Braun over during those few months.

After that I really don't see what they could have for him that would be of any interest.

·
Registered
380 Posts
id be happy if he just did... more stuff, and i don't necessarily mean wrestling. :/ go to do some signings, do some interviews, do some photoshoots, promo stuff, meet some kids yknow? more content to get shared online so even if he isnt wrestling.. he's doing other stuff still related to wwe.
i duno, i feel like he just does what he has to then fucks off.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Vince gives him a very lucrative contract.

Vince's plan

Brock vs Reigns- WM- Brock loses clean in like 8 minutes
Brock vs Reigns- Backlash- Brock loses again
Brock vs Bobby Lashley- Extreme Rules- Lashley wins after a spear (as always Vince and his cronies ask Lesnar to use only German Suplexes, F5, and Kimura during the match apart from punches and midsection kicks)
Brock vs Bobby Lashley- Money in the Bank- Lashley wins again with a dominator
Brock vs Reigns- Monday Night Raw- Reigns beats Brock in under 3 minutes
Next week Brock shows up and says if he doesn't beat Lashley in the Great Balls of Fire PPV, he'd set his own balls on fire

Brock vs Lashley- Brock loses again

Summerslam

Brock vs Shane o'Mac- Ladder match- Loser leaves town- Brock wins after a brutal 10 minute broadway

Royal Rumble

Brock gets eliminated by Bobby Lashley who goes onto win the Rumble match. Lashley points to the sign and says he'd face the Big Dog at the Grand Daddy of them all. Lashley points to the sign again as fireworks start.

Wrestlemania

Brock vs Samoa Joe- Lesnar wins

Great Balls of Fire

Brock vs Joe vs Lashley- Lashley wins with a pinfall

The Suplex City fuckery continues as WWE turns Lesnar into a joke like the Undertaker towards his later years.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It’s obviously the popular opinion on this board to now shit on Lesnar. The dude offered some of the most entertaining matches on the roster this past year - performances that only he could have pulled off due to his aura and being “Brock Lesnar”.

Lesnar/Styles was incredible, all set up because of Lesnar being the dominant force and AJ playing a great underdog. Lesnar/Goldberg was the greatest sub-5 minute bash you’ll ever see. Lesnar/Joe. No one else could have created that kind of intensity. Joe is great. But, who else has he gelled with on the main roster like that? The 4 way at SummerSlam was a very exciting car crash. Again, most of the enjoyment came from Braun destroying Brock, because of who Brock is.

WWE was actually booking Brock where he was wrestling basically every other month. That is perfectly sufficient, he’s an attraction. Do you really need your World Champ wrestling every week on Raw? Why? They ran out of opponents for Brock for ppvs.

I for one, hope he re-signs. Another match with Styles would be great. A proper match with Rollins. Nakamura, Lashley, and eventually putting over Braun in a better match, among others, are all still matches/feuds that he could have.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
bmack086 said:
It’s obviously the popular opinion on this board to now shit on Lesnar. The dude offered some of the most entertaining matches on the roster this past year - performances that only he could have pulled off due to his aura and being “Brock Lesnar”.

Lesnar/Styles was incredible, all set up because of Lesnar being the dominant force and AJ playing a great underdog. Lesnar/Goldberg was the greatest sub-5 minute bash you’ll ever see. Lesnar/Joe. No one else could have created that kind of intensity. Joe is great. But, who else has he gelled with on the main roster like that? The 4 way at SummerSlam was a very exciting car crash. Again, most of the enjoyment came from Braun destroying Brock, because of who Brock is.

WWE was actually booking Brock where he was wrestling basically every other month. That is perfectly sufficient, he’s an attraction. Do you really need your World Champ wrestling every week on Raw? Why? They ran out of opponents for Brock for ppvs.

I for one, hope he re-signs. Another match with Styles would be great. A proper match with Rollins. Nakamura, Lashley, and eventually putting over Braun in a better match, among others, are all still matches/feuds that he could have.
And ones that I wanna see. The one against Lashley is money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Anyone know how long he has to be in the UFC drug testing pool before he is even eligible for a fight after his last failed test?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts