Wrestling Forum banner

Update On Jeff Hardy Court Case

3263 33
Continuing….

According to Pwinsider.com, the drug case against Jeff Hardy was continued once again today in Moore County, NC Superior Court. The case has been ongoing for 18 months, and today, Assistant District Attorney Warren McSweeney asked Judge James Webb to continue to the case. The reason for the continuance is so they can get the results of lab tests from the State Bureau of Investigation on some of the evidence that was seized from Hardy's home September 11th, 2009. Both sides are still reportedly working on a plea deal.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
20,972 Posts
Just do a drug test on him. Once they check mark every category of drugs there are, jail him until the proceedings. :D

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
So, if the drugs were seized in September 2009 and they are still waiting for lab tests, what the hell does that lab do? What higher profile cases and tests have they been working on for the last 16 months?

I think ultimately Jeff Hardy doesn't see jail time.

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
The DA is sloppier than TNA management. It seems as though they have no idea what's really going on. First the DA goes to media outlets and says that Hardy will plead guilty to some charges, when the time comes for him to do so, the DA says that they need more time to sort out their plea agreement. Now they're back in court and the DA is still waiting for 2 year old lab results? Obviously a case like this will take some time to resolve but the people handling it, especially the DA, seem a bit scatterbrained.

· Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,345 Posts
you know hes going to get away with it.

How on earth this can still be going on after 18 months is ridiculous
I wouldnt be supprised if it goes on for alot longer. A court case i was involved in lasted over 2 years and that only resulted in me doing a few months in jail. This is a high profile case, i wouldnt be suprised if we were waiting another year tbh...

· Registered
820 Posts
Hardy needs to clean up, but I wouldn't wish jail time on a non-violent offender, ever. If anything he should go to rehab. I have no problem with this case being a total joke.

· Registered
499 Posts
but isnt his charge a traffiking charge, not simply a possession charge?

because I too feel forced rehab is best for him, but the charges relate to him having large quantities of drugs.

Rehabs not a suitable punishment or deterrent if he was moving large quantities of drugs for other people. Only a prison term can do that

· Registered
820 Posts
but isnt his charge a traffiking charge, not simply a possession charge?

because I too feel forced rehab is best for him, but the charges relate to him having large quantities of drugs.

Rehabs not a suitable punishment or deterrent if he was moving large quantities of drugs for other people. Only a prison term can do that
Just because he was charged with trafficking doesn't mean he was actually smuggling or dealing drugs. He's rich as fuck, obviously if he's going to be buying drugs he's going to be buying in bulk (cheaper to buy in bulk, less risk of getting busted doing less deals) so that's probably how he got stuck with the trafficking charge.

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
I'm just going to repost what I wrote in the other thread:

In reality, the amount he had on him was not a lot, at all. I don't know about the steroids dosage but the 262 doses of vicodin is a normal month and a half dosage (6-8 pills a day every couple of hours). Somas are used in 2 or 3 week intervals and are taken 3 times a day which would equate to about the 180 that he had and that's just a 90 day supply.
To be honest, when I first saw what he was charged with and the amount he had, I gave the report major side eye. For someone like Hardy, that amount is chump change.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.