Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reasons for it to be a work
The cameras kept recording the whole time.
Fortune were the only wrestlers to come out. Maybe it was to not break kayfabe but when the injury is that serious the wrestler himself is the main priority.
The cameras were ready backstage in exactly the right spots.
Bully Ray kicking AJ and screaming at Fortune.
The whole thing just seemed too carefully planned.
It takes everyone's attention away from Jeff Hardy

Reasons for it to be legit
The referee made the X signal which means a legit injury.
It doesn't look like they landed in the right place. It looks like they were meant to land in the middle of the tables but got the positioning wrong. (I mean, they were being guided by Flair...)
If you look closely, you can see that around the area that they landed, there's a slightly raised part of the ground. When the powerbomb happens the black sheet gets pulled over it but it looks like AJ might have hit his head there.
AJ didn't move at all after the powerbomb.

· Registered
7,424 Posts
Hopefully it's not real but it's one of the best injury angles I've seen come across on TV. Bully Ray done it well. AJ sold it well (if he sold it). Kaz on the phone not wanting to be filmed was done well. It was just...well executed if it wasn't planned.

· Banned
10,027 Posts
People are dense.

It was SUPPOSED to be a kayfabe injury. So all that stretcher/ambulance crap was scripted. But Bubba botched the move and AJ actually got hurt. He landed in the wrong spot and did not even execute the move right since AJ's head tilted too far back because Bubba did not support AJ's upper body weight properly. To what degree AJ is hurt, we do not know. Hopefully he is healthy enough to wrestle at Lockdown.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
People are dense.

It was SUPPOSED to be a kayfabe injury. So all that stretcher/ambulance crap was scripted. But Bubba botched the move and AJ actually got hurt. He landed in the wrong spot and did not even execute the move right since AJ's head tilted too far back because Bubba did not support AJ's upper body weight properly. To what degree AJ is hurt, we do not know. Hopefully he is healthy enough to wrestle at Lockdown.
Is that your theory or did you write the segment? For the record I find it plausible, I'm just curious as to how you know this when everyone is merely speculating.

· Registered
589 Posts
Can someone link me to a video of it thanks

· Registered
983 Posts
It was clearly planned to be kayfabe with all the cameras positioned in the back but it's hard to tell with TNA sometimes when they try blur the line between real and kayfabe. The X signal by the Ref could have been kayfabe as TNA has done it before, even if it's used in a real situation as well. I wouldn't be shocked if Styles was in the hospital at some point after that though after the bad landing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.