Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more highlights from WWE’s shareholders meeting on Friday morning from WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT:

* Triple H addressed the WWE developmental rumors and said the future has always been about making the best developmental territory possible. They are making plans to expand developmental but it’s doing what it’s designed to do – create and cultivate new talents.

* Vince McMahon said WWE content on TV will remain PG but movies will allow for content with stronger ratings. Vince talked about being proud of the Be A Star anti-bullying campaign. Vince said fighting bullying is something he really believes in and something that will be a huge initiative for WWE in the years to come.

* Vince was asked about a physical WWE Hall of Fame and said it’s still located in his head. Vince said they are not in a physical brick & mortar business but the entertainment business and added that Hall of Fames don’t make money usually. One day WWE will probably build something for the Hall of Fame but Vince said it needs to be in the right environment.

Source: PWInsider

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nice to see that Vince really cares about Be A Star, shows a more human side to him. It was always said that he was a family man and he's actually very sympathetic for others.

An actual center for the HOF would be pretty damn cool, I could picture glasses case with a statue of every single inductee and then a short biography showing their accomplishments as a wrestler and whatnot. It'll definitely be a sight to see once it's officially announced

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
tbh a HoF building would be meaningless, I much more prefer the way they bring all the memorabilia to every Fan Axxess for WM & SS

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
A physical HOF sounds like a long-term money losing venture.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Hall of fames dont make money? Surprised to hear that considering HOF has always been a marketing tool.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,409 Posts
Here are some more highlights from WWE’s shareholders meeting on Friday morning from WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT:

* Triple H addressed the WWE developmental rumors and said the future has always been about making the best developmental territory possible. They are making plans to expand developmental but it’s doing what it’s designed to do – create and cultivate new talents.
I like the current trend of wrestlers in developmental now, namely Dean Ambrose, but there are a lot of guys there who I feel have a lot of potential.

* Vince McMahon said WWE content on TV will remain PG but movies will allow for content with stronger ratings. Vince talked about being proud of the Be A Star anti-bullying campaign. Vince said fighting bullying is something he really believes in and something that will be a huge initiative for WWE in the years to come.
Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me, Vince comes off as a bit of a bully to me on some occasions. Most notebly, during an interview a few years back when he got a bit tempermental with the interviewer.

* Vince was asked about a physical WWE Hall of Fame and said it’s still located in his head. Vince said they are not in a physical brick & mortar business but the entertainment business and added that Hall of Fames don’t make money usually. One day WWE will probably build something for the Hall of Fame but Vince said it needs to be in the right environment.
The part where he says it's located in his head made me chuckle, of course it is Vince afterall you're the one who chooses who goes in, and who dosen't. Also if they want to hall of fame building they should make it look more legit and not something that looks like only people who are on Vince McMahon's good book can get into. Otherwise the HOF is a fake and dosen't deserve a building.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'd assume maybe they would try another restaurant type deal like WWE New York, and that would be the HOF. A joint venture. But yeah, an actual building would lose a lot of money.

As far as Vince being against bullying, that is such bullcrap. Anybody who believes that is a moron. Edge or Matt hardy once told a story about how Vince hates people in wheelchairs and he wants to devour their souls. Yeah, sounds like a man against bullying. Of course Triple H is going to say hes against bullying. What else would he say? That he LOVES bullying?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts