Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I kind of stole this from the Video Game section. What are some of your opinions that go against the grain.

1. Christopher Daniels is boring, unless he's wrestling someone who can make the match interesting. Case in point, Daniels vs. Stevens at GTGM....boring! He's so formula it hurts the brain
2. Supercard of Honor > Better than our Best
3. Colt Cabana is a joke...but a funny joke.
4. FIP was never any good. It has several great matches over the years, but come on, Redefined was awful except for the main event and one undercard match yet everyone and their grandmother loved the show.
5. Joe vs. Punk isn't the best feud in ROH history...Danielson/Strong is.
6. Danielson vs. Joe from MXR was better than Joe/Punk I and III yet it gets overlooked.
7. Aries vs. Punk from DbD 3 = *****
8. Cena vs. HBK one hour match was lame. Long for the sake of long and not nearly as great as their WM match.
9. TNA's best period was when they lost their tv show and before the SpikeTV deal may 2005 - september 2005 (go to the TNA boards, apparently 2006 is like the best year ever...).
10. The Great Sasuke is better than Jushin Lyger.
11. Heel Matt Sydal was awesome. Dress shirts in a street fight ftw
12. At the moment, PWG > ROH

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey its ok. I just never got into it. I have a few shows, but none of the were that great. I guess it might be because I have a few 2005 shows and Redefined.

The main event, Sal/Black, and Davey/Aries were all good. But one **** 1/2 match and two *** matches doesn't make an amazing show.

Thats what the problem is with indy fans. If a show has one **** 1/2 and everything else is ** or under, its still considered a great show. Its not.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
1. Christopher Daniels is boring, unless he's wrestling someone who can make the match interesting. Case in point, Daniels vs. Stevens at GTGM....boring! He's so formula it hurts the brain
3. Colt Cabana is a joke...but a funny joke.
5. Joe vs. Punk isn't the best feud in ROH history...Danielson/Strong is.
12. At the moment, PWG > ROH
- I've never found Daniels boring.
- I don't find Cabana particularly funny. He gives me a headache.
- Dragon-Nigel-Morishima is probably my favourite ROH rivalry.
- I only like PWG as a bit of light entertainment when serious wrestling is burning me out. Too much stopping and starting of matches for the sake of comedy spots, it takes me out of the show. Although some bits are ROFL funny.

My responses to your opinions are probably unpopular opinions in themselves.

Here's one more: Mike Quackenbush is rubbish at anything other than booking.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Danielson vs. McGuinness is the.... second best feud in Ring of Honor history, Danielson vs. Morishima has to be number 1! My all time favourite non Puro match may be McGuinness vs. Danielson at Unified but Morishima seemed like he wanted to kill Danielson and vise versa.

Manami Toyota is the greatest womens wrestler to ever live!

Daniels is better than Styles for sure, but I don't know about him being better than Joe, well current Joe sucks but I mean ROH Joe.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
1. The Briscoes suck. They kind of always have, but at least before they were crazy and athletic enough to still be entertaining. Now they just plain suck.
2. Chris Hero is the second-best active wrestler in the world right now.
3. Jerry Lynn vs. RVD was never all that good.
4. Joe vs. Punk III was the best match of the trilogy.
5. TLC II is the best ladder match ever.
6. Danielson vs. Shelley from Arena Warfare was the best match on the Milestone Series.
7. Tim Donst is really really good.
8. Black/Danielson vs. the American Wolves is the best tag match in ROH history.

There are more but I can't think of them right now.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,758 Posts
1. I find Chikara better than all the other indy companies.
2. I don't really care for The Briscoes.
3. TNA should just die so their talent can go other places where they would be used better.
4. Jakob Hammermeier = AWESOME.
5. Delirious suck.
6. Kane > Matt Hardy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As much as I find him highly annoying (this may be unpopular in its self) Cornette is right when he says Hardcore Wrastlin' has done great damage to the business.

·
Ramble On
11,084 Posts
Joe/Punk 3 is the best match they had together

Austin/Rock WM17 is one of the best matches EVER!

ROH is better than PWG

Cena is not actually a terrible wrestler

·
22,784 Posts
WWECW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original ECW.

Smackdown 2006 was fucking AWESOME.

AJ Styles is terrible.

Kurt Angle is terrible too.

The Rock was only entertaining for about 1% of his entire career.

WrestleMania XIX is EASILY better than WrestleMania X-7.

Finlay was the best wrestler in the world in 2006 (yes, better than Danielson).

1998 and 1999 were 2 of the very worst years WWF ever had.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Glad to see someone agree about Wrestlemania 2003 despite those other opinions.

Vince russo made WCW entertaining to watch
people hate on TNA because its cool.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
Here's another.

Randy Orton is the best worker in the world...John Cena is a close second.
Now let me ask you this, are you like me that separates worker and wrestler? When I say worker, I usually talk about just straight ring work, whereas wrestler is the total package.

Any who, I'd put Cena above him as best pro wrestler around, but he's a close second. Mysterio's very close to Orton as well.

1 - 20 of 424 Posts