Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
There are unpopular opinions and then there's just being a fucking idiot.
I don't know it's pretty obvious to me that there has never been a more overpushed superstar in the history of WWE, and I really just don't buy it I really don't , I think it was just another ploy and scheme to try and get Reigns over.

The whole I beat cancer gimmick I'm an icon gimmick, it worked for Lance Armstrong didn't it?

·
Angry at refs
2,726 Posts
please make the distinction AS A WRESTLER cause u know youve never been with a woman as hot as the other two either
First, you have zero knowledge of that. Second, Mandy and Charlotte are very low on the attraction scale. I most certainly have those two beat. Lacey isn't pretty at all to me either but she's a lot higher than the other two. To me, I also have her beat in that regard.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I think Reign's cancer was a farce and just another ploy to get him over,
I don't think it was a complete farce but they just over embellished the fuck out of the severity of the situation.

I think he probably had a test that showed some kind of cause of concern, but when they did further tests it turned out to be nothing to worry about. But WWE pretended like it was much more serious than it was to get those sympathy pops.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Buckle your seatbelt kids.

Alister Black is a geek that will accomplish fuck all.

Samoa Joe is a fat has been that should never appear on tv again. He stunk up the main event scene and killed every feud he has been in.

Sami Zayn needs to disappear. Forever. Not one redeeming quality about him.

Kevin Owens is a tubby joke. His Austin gimmick reminds me of the fat kid at school trying to act cool.

NXT is just a development territory. Their titles mean shit.

miz is the drizzling shits.

CM Punk is a spineless geek.

Brock Lesnar is the best thing about this company by a country mile.

Kofi is a career geek who never should have been near a world title let alone win it.

Bret screwed Bret.

Alexa is just tits and ass. No wrestling talent.

The Fiend is already ruined.

Bailey can't play a face or a heel convincingly.

Asuka peaked about 2 years ago. Her matches have been dreadful since.

Things will be worse with Hunter in charge. Look at every reunion show and picture that every week.

Drew Mcintyre will accomplish nothing. He's done.

At this point no one cares about Rey Mysterio.

The Universal title still means shit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
SmackDown is a really good show and has been since it moved to FOX. It feels more important than RAW and unlike RAW where matches are just wrestled for no reason, every match on SmackDown feels like there is a story linked to it. You have multiple storylines on SmackDown which are always involved prominently each week, being 2 hours helps with that, plus it's an overall better roster full of bigger names. I'd rather watch Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, King Corbin, The New Day & Shinsuke Nakamura than Kevin Owens, Buddy Murphy, Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black or Andrade. And I like most of those RAW guys I listed, but none of them have a real character while on SD it feels like most people have a proper story or character involved.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
As lame as the Liv and Lana lesbian reveal was it was still the right decision over a more forced lesbian angle between Mandy and Sonya. The majority of wrestling fans are heterosexual males and men vastly are into hot lesbians even if it's something as dull as two women kissing. They should cater to their audience and not attempt to needlessly virtue signal. Women are catered to in theirs, gays are catered to in theirs, so it's only fair men are catered to in a form of entertainment they most enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
- Raw and Smackdown is quite good lately. Yeah storyline is not that great but it seems like they have a plan forward.

- 2 world champion is in right hand right now. I think a rare appearance of Brock and The Fiend helps the title to feel more exclusive and more special. But it sill depends of other feud below title. For now, it works because other feud is quite interesting. And if they can keep this formula I think world title will have more credible than ever.....

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
I always forget what I have and haven't posted in here, but here's one:

Vince McMahon has a plan for the future of WWE. All the online rhetoric you hear about him never stepping away and being so haphazard with his creative are people not really looking at what his goals have been. And with the XFL he needs to step away from something. That will be a full-time job in itself. That is why these Executive Director positions were created. Heyman has taken the ball and run with it, and as a result he will be rewarded by getting to run Raw.

And Heyman, as much as I feel he has become somewhat of a corporate suck-up, probably values that position and I'm sure he's got plans. While Vince is there, and while you are earning his trust, you've got to play the Vince McMahon game. But when he likes you enough to let you do your own thing and he feels that things are in safe hands, he'll feel like the creative is still "his" because he's the one that groomed Heyman for that spot.

Paul Heyman will end up running Raw almost 100% and then the show will get a lot better. I don't know if I will end up watching it, but I think a major story by the end of the year is the turnaround in quality.

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
John Cena is the Greatest WWE champion of all times.

Lesnar is one of the absolute worst champions of all times.

Beck Lynch is the best female wrestler between the HW.

Heels winning by cheating is A-OK, always. Even if a "Beast" had to cheat, it's fucking fine, he's a heel, anyone that complains about a heel cheating because he doesn't look "bad ass" needs a reality check.

People that hate the in ring action part of the game and hate on people that enjoy it should stop watching. I have yet to see anyone claim "I don't want storylines I just want good matches with no story or meaning", WWE RAW/SD/NXT TV should be building up the storylines for the PPV matches and not given away long free TV matches every week, when we get a long great TV match it should be remembered, because when all TV matches are great, none is "above average". We need to have long great TV matches to be something rare: Shelton vs HBK on RAW, Cena vs Punk, Jeff vs Taker Ladder, and use the TV time to have SHORT matches and build storylines for PPVs.
BUT, Still, if I can't enjoy an actual good wrestling match, what the fuck am I doing watching a wrestling show? Should I complain 3 times a week after every show how much wrestling there is in a wrestling show?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brock Lesnar shouldn’t have lost clean to Seth Rollins (his in-ring skills are top notch, but he didn’t deserve to beat him, when you look at his overall stature in WWE, that too clean). Brock Lesnar’s legacy has been tainted with this clean loss to him, I reckon.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,655 Posts
Kairi Sane is history's greatest pirate.
Compared to who? Captain Morgan can be a close second depending, but other than that, this is a true statement.

My unpopular opinion: I don't care for Gargano, great wrestler, super good even, but his matches with Adam Cole were so boring, and I think Ciampa was such a great character to make his matches with Gargano feel like they had weight.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Compared to who? Captain Morgan can be a close second depending, but other than that, this is a true statement.

My unpopular opinion: I don't care for Gargano, great wrestler, super good even, but his matches with Adam Cole were so boring, and I think Ciampa was such a great character to make his matches with Gargano feel like they had weight.
Yes! I think he's got talent and I liked the ending to one of the Adam Cole matches, but I thought the series with Ciampa was excruciatingly dull and stagey.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,368 Posts
Buckle your seatbelt kids.

Alister Black is a geek that will accomplish fuck all.

Samoa Joe is a fat has been that should never appear on tv again. He stunk up the main event scene and killed every feud he has been in.

Sami Zayn needs to disappear. Forever. Not one redeeming quality about him.

Kevin Owens is a tubby joke. His Austin gimmick reminds me of the fat kid at school trying to act cool.

NXT is just a development territory. Their titles mean shit.

miz is the drizzling shits.

CM Punk is a spineless geek.

Brock Lesnar is the best thing about this company by a country mile.

Kofi is a career geek who never should have been near a world title let alone win it.

Bret screwed Bret.

Alexa is just tits and ass. No wrestling talent.

The Fiend is already ruined.

Bailey can't play a face or a heel convincingly.

Asuka peaked about 2 years ago. Her matches have been dreadful since.

Things will be worse with Hunter in charge. Look at every reunion show and picture that every week.

Drew Mcintyre will accomplish nothing. He's done.

At this point no one cares about Rey Mysterio.

The Universal title still means shit.
Please tell me you watch nothing this company puts out whatsoever. How the fuck do you do that to yourself if you are watching something they throw out that isn't NXT?

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,368 Posts
SmackDown is a really good show and has been since it moved to FOX. It feels more important than RAW and unlike RAW where matches are just wrestled for no reason, every match on SmackDown feels like there is a story linked to it. You have multiple storylines on SmackDown which are always involved prominently each week, being 2 hours helps with that, plus it's an overall better roster full of bigger names. I'd rather watch Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, King Corbin, The New Day & Shinsuke Nakamura than Kevin Owens, Buddy Murphy, Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black or Andrade. And I like most of those RAW guys I listed, but none of them have a real character while on SD it feels like most people have a proper story or character involved.
If you compare the rosters side by side using the WWE personnel page on Wikipedia you'll see despite Raw having a larger roster it seems minuscule and SD looks stacked in comparison

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know how unpopular this is and I'm so glad that WWE has gotten away from it. Although I thought all this trying to be "mainstream", family friend, SJW, cool and "in". was just so cringe. ( movies, celebrities, bragging about social media, etc).

You're a wrestling company you're not supposed to be "cool". You're not supposed to be family friendly. You're not supposed to be "mainstream". Your're not supposed to be "politically correct".

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
There’s nothing wrong with being on the right side of history and moving largely away from tasteless, but the thing is, you’ve got heels. You can have a heel cross the line and use it as a moral tale.

381 - 400 of 420 Posts