Wrestling Forum banner

361 - 380 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I enjoyed Mordecai and it still bothers me that they gave up on that gimmick so quickly. I don't know how he was deemed so bad that he was scrapped after a few weeks. His gimmick was tailor-made to feud with the Undertaker, and while we didn't get that, we had Taker in feuds with Heidenreich, Luther Reigns and Great Khali. Was Mordecai really worse than that lot? I thought the Kevin Thorn re-package was good too, and he had some good little matches on WWECW.

Also, Sheamus is one of the best wrestlers WWE have pushed in the 2010s. Incredibly underrated, and I think he received an unfair amount of backlash because it leaked that he worked out with HHH or something. The guy is an absolute workhorse and rarely has a bad match. Everyone is always on Cesaro's dick, but Sheamus is chopped liver?

·
Registered
600 Posts
1. Ciampa is the HBK of DIY, and Gargano is Jannetty. Ciampa is so much more entertaining and easier to get behind. I watched through the whole Gargano underdog storyline, and I found myself cheering anyone who was against him. Whether it was Andrade, Black, Ricochet, Ciampa or Cole, I cheered them over Gargano. Like they're both entertaining, but Ciampa is the HBK of the team.

2. Seth Rollins has been one of the most entertaining guys in WWE for the last 5 years and he knows exactly what he's doing when he's saying stuff on Twitter, he's got all of you in the palm of his hands and it's hilarious.

3. Corbin does not have X-Pac heat, he's a good heel, one of the only good heels in wrestling. He's not a "cool heel" like MJF, Kevin Owens or Jericho where they try to get cheered by the crowd and act cool. He genuinely gets crowds hating him and he's a great at it. Y'all are getting worked by him badly.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't know if it is unpopular or mixed, but, I just felt as though Sting never should have debuted for WWE at all... I know most people are sad at how is creative was handled, but my unpopular opinion is that he just never should have joined their ranks.

We didn't get Sting versus Undertaker, had to job to HHH at WrestleMania, and then had to wait several months to be in another novelty program with Rollins leading to his forced retirement.
Sting only did it for one last big payday and to make amends with WWE (the gatekeepers of his legacy).

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Batista had the chance to be an Austin/Rock level star if they kept him on Raw and kept him with the Animal antihero slowly turning babyface character that he had from December 2004 to July 2005 until he was drafted to Smackdown. I mean, he obviosly became a huge star anyway, the second biggest post Attitude Era, but he could have been way bigger imo.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Asuka is NOT deserving of a title win. She's probably the best female wrestler, but that does not equal you have a right to be champion.

Because of the language barrier, she will have a hard time doing all the non-wrestling events WWE expect of their champions, and when her promo skills are nothing but angry japanese and variations of "You are not ready for Asuka!" There's not much to work with.

Adam Cole is one of the least entertaining wrestlers on NXT. His character is super generic, and his spammy wrestling style does nothing for me.

Ric Flair was nothing but a big fish in a small pond. Most of his title wins were at small events or house shows. He only had two or three title wins in front of a 10.000+ audience.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Giving Bryan the double main event win at WrestleMania 30 was a huge mistake.

• Batista was red hot from the GotG movies, and had more mainstream appeal
  • It reinforced the idea that the crowd can influence the show (a good idea in theory, but a bad one with the modern, fickle crowd)
  • Bryan was (in hindsight) a waste of time, with the injury and all the rest.

·
Registered
600 Posts
WWE needs to listen to the internet fans less and stick to their guns because even they don't know what they want. Most people on here change their minds more often than the RAW script was changed earlier this year.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Vince McMahon actually knows what he's doing in this business game, and the Executive Director position for Heyman has been an probation period to test relinquishing control of some creative aspects.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you take out the Lana/Lashley/Rusev stuff, Raw has been a pretty good show for about a month. I like what they were doing with everything Seth Rollins, Becky/Asuka and Murphy/Black. I like how they are trying to push new guys and we get good to great matches every week. Much better than the "ports entertainment" shit Smackdown is trying to do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I actually thought the Miz Lawler Cole angle was pretty good.

Cena should of went over RVD at ECW One Night Stand in 2006. ( think about it a riot would of ensued and we still would be talking about it)

I liked the under dog Bryan beating the odds although can you imagine if Orton hit the RKO on Bryan and 1 2 3, you can't tell me , you people wouldn't watch Raw the next night and you can't tell me that wouldn't draw a reaction and part of me wanted to see Orton retain.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ashley Massaro was murdered.

They should hit Chris Benoit's music next Friday on Smackdown, imagine the reaction it would bring.

I thought HHH going over Booker at WM 2003 was the right move as it really solidified HHH as a great all time heel.

Trish betraying Jericho at WM 2004 was a great all time heel turn.

Edge and Cena feud in 2006 that may have been the best feud of the past twenty years in my opinion.

I thought Miz's cash in was the greatest cash in of all time.

I think Taker, Flair, and Rock need to go away and stay away.

You can say what you want although you can't tell me people wouldn't watch a Hogan Cena feud and match.

·
Registered
943 Posts
To me, the only decent looking one is Alexa. The others are very low on the attractive scale in my opinion :shrug
please make the distinction AS A WRESTLER cause u know youve never been with a woman as hot as the other two either

·
Registered
118 Posts
Vince Russo was a creative genius
Crash TV is better than 5 star wrestling
AEW sucks
Finn Balor and Adam Cole both suck and will never draw a dime
The neckbeard marks that the wrestling fanbase has become are ruining the business

·
Banned
458 Posts
zach gowen should've been multiple world champ and hall of famer

chris benoit shouldn't have killed nancy at all

361 - 380 of 420 Posts