Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow me here,
Yeah i know Lesnar isn't The Rock on the mic, he doesn't need to be.
As a Metal fan, Brock Lesnar's personality, which is amplified on screen, is reminiscent of Varg Vikernes, he's misanthropy personified, his low key voice and chill delivery actually MATCHES that, he doesn't need to cut bombastic promos like Triple H or Undertaker, back when he did sit down interviews, that worked for him, the blood urine and vomit promo was BRILLIANT. Moreover, the Paul Heyman shtick is so fucking boring and ripetitive at this point, he needs to back to being an authority figure.
WWE has missed the boat on several occasions over a substained amount of time, on making Lesnar infinitely more entertaining.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just like everything else in WWE.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

You have Heyman and Undertaker, who off the top of my head, deliver the exact same promo for YEARS.

Not just like a few programs and feuds but actual years. Heyman, 5-6 years. Undertaker, 15 years

15 years delivering the exact same promo.

Its a wonder they still have an audience left at all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just like everything else in WWE.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

You have Heyman and Undertaker, who off the top of my head, deliver the exact same promo for YEARS.

Not just like a few programs and feuds but actual years. Heyman, 5-6 years. Undertaker, 15 years

15 years delivering the exact same promo.

Its a wonder they still have an audience left at all.
When Undertaker went back to the Deadman gimmick it was cool and refreshing for the first two calendar years, I GUESS, the very moment Great Khali debuted i was like, yeah i've seen this movie before, then he feuded with cocky heel Mr Kennedy, rievting shit, and he's done the same drivel ever since.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or i should say, he did rehashed shit for about half a decade, then he was relegated in taking part in percieved big money matches with little or no build up, like It's a real sport, and he has ever since.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I was not ready for the Varg Vikernes reference damn. The Heyman gimmick was great when it first started but you can only do something for so long. But there's no way for them to let Brock be Brock because Vince doesn't let anyone just be anyone.

·
Registered
22,887 Posts
Diminished his legacy?

How? When Brock ultimately retires for good he will have been a multi time World Champion, main evented Manias, broke Taker's streak, dominated everybody like we've never seen before, etc.

Heyman's promos, while repetitive, are necessary for Brock because he's not around often enough, he sucks cutting his own promos, and Heyman is the ultimate hype man. Lesnars's 2nd run in WWE would have been dead in the water a long time ago without Heyman.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lesnar did fine without him after Survivor Series 2002. But I also find Heyman entertaining but I think they both need to be booked to be a little edgier. I have no problem with Lesnar retiring with Heyman as his mouth piece

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I wouldn't say it's diminished his legacy but I find Paul Heyman incredibly overrated in every possible way, both as a manager and as a backstage genius. His promos are so stale. He's done a lot for Brock, no denying that but at this point I really can't bear to listen to him because his promos are always so similar and he never gets much of a comeuppance. If he was a GM or in a different role, I might not mind him as much but as of now, I don't like seeing him or hearing him. He's "go away heat" for me.

also, if Heyman is behind Cedric Alexander's push or the Lana/Rusev/Bobby storyline, more reason to dislike but I think Cedric has some potential. Just keep him on the low card for a while until people actually warm up to him.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,898 Posts
The issue with Heyman hyping Lesnar is that he's not unbeatable like he used to be, He's lost to Seth Rollins clean and comes off as more vulnerable nowadays it's shocking when Paul talks as if it's a guaranteed forgone conclusion that Brock's opponent stands absolutely no chance when that very same opponent floored him 3 times let alone eliminated him from the Rumble doing the impossible.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I disagree. Lesnar would not have had the dominance he has had in his 2nd run without Heyman. You can't be champion for over 500 days if you can't talk. Heyman does that for Brock.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't say it's diminished his legacy but I find Paul Heyman incredibly overrated in every possible way, both as a manager and as a backstage genius. His promos are so stale. He's done a lot for Brock, no denying that but at this point I really can't bear to listen to him because his promos are always so similar and he never gets much of a comeuppance. If he was a GM or in a different role, I might not mind him as much but as of now, I don't like seeing him or hearing him. He's "go away heat" for me.

also, if Heyman is behind Cedric Alexander's push or the Lana/Rusev/Bobby storyline, more reason to dislike but I think Cedric has some potential. Just keep him on the low card for a while until people actually warm up to him.
The writing in Heymans case is what sucks. People can take note about how to cut a good promo when seeing a guy like Heyman go off. But I agree his promos have been lacking because of the writing. I noticed Cedric fucked up that pinfall and actually kicked out when it was suppose to be a three count. I can see why hes not moving forward I guess. But botches do happen.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The writing in Heymans case is what sucks. People can take note about how to cut a good promo when seeing a guy like Heyman go off. But I agree his promos have been lacking because of the writing. I noticed Cedric fucked up that pinfall and actually kicked out when it was suppose to be a three count. I can see why hes not moving forward I guess. But botches do happen.
I don't think his promo style is really a big influence to other wrestlers. He can pretty much say and act however he wants. He has creative control. He's also cutting a promo on behalf of someone else which is different than trying to sell yourself to the audience.

No doubting his contributions and talent. I just am sick of seeing and hearing him do the same thing again and again.

·
Registered
871 Posts
What legacy? In the his first run he was a failed experiment that wound up abandoning the company for a failed football career and he's spent most of the time since his return as champion over a company that is the least popular it has ever been.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Personally I think both Lesnar and Heyman are both desperately in need of a change.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lesnar get more mic time and backstage segments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts