Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this thread is for any terms that people on message boards used that were not real and wwe later made canon.
Here is a few.

Ruthless Agression Era - This was never the name for the era, fans just called it that on message boards due to Vince saying "RUTHLESS AGGRESSION a lot" WWE later labeled this era in books and documentaries.
Two Man Power Trip - HHH and Stone Cold were never ever called this, Smackdown Just Bring it for PS2 just called it a stable and named them this, ever since fans calledthem by this title and WWE officially recognized it years later.

Attitude Era starting in 1997 -
WWE always listed WM 14 as the start of the attitude era, it wasn't until several posts on this website disputed that it was in fact the first Raw is War
in March 1997 of the start date, several months later WWE retracted their date and labeled Raw is War of 1997 as the official start date of the attitude era, Corey Graves hosted a WWE special for RAW where he even says it.

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
Attitude Era starting in 1997 -
WWE always listed WM 14 as the start of the attitude era, it wasn't until several posts on this website disputed that it was in fact the first Raw is War
in March 1997 of the start date, several months later WWE retracted their date and labeled Raw is War of 1997 as the official start date of the attitude era, Corey Graves hosted a WWE special for RAW where he even says it.
I feel like that's as much, if not more, WWe's doing than the IWC's.

I love HBK as much as the next inring mark, but WWe's attempts to make him and Triple H appear more important than they actually were is borderline psychotic at times,

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Pretty sure "Spoilers" originally came from the old wrestling 800 numbers where you would get the "inside scoop" (mostly rumours) on wrestlers, storylines, contracts, etc, until the late 90's when everyone was finally getting onto the world wide web. Eventually, WWE's own website would show SmackDown spoilers after years of resistance.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
John Cena’s “Golden Shovel”, used by AJ Styles.

Apart from creating specific terms, you could also say the general shift towards cheering smaller, athletic, NXT or Indy wrestlers wouldn’t have happened to the same extent without hardcore fans being loud and vocal on social media.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I would like to add GOAT. Though I'm not sure if that actually originated elsewhere.
GOAT doesn't really originate in wrestling.... I remember it being around in Hip Hop forums in the early 2010s. Not sure if it came from somewhere else too.

Seems like this is where it orginated

Muhammad Ali's wife created G.O.A.T inc. Then the acronym was used on a Del la sol song with actually prouncing it goat rather than just the letters. and LL Cool J had an album called GOAT. Then sometime in the mid 2000s it was used in sports.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts