Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it funny that Daniel Bryan has absolutely NO ONE to compete with for his title. When was the last time he defended it? TLC? Survivor Series? He's caught up more in a love triangle than actually defending his title. The same thing occured when the Miz had the belt. He went months without defending it. They either need to expand the Raw roster or combine the brands and eliminate the belt.

The US contenders should be: R-Truth (I wish they would really just get rid of him), A-Riley (give him a push at this), SOMEONE FROM A FACTION (Nexus or Corre), Dibiasi, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, and Tarver. That is a pretty weak class but its what they have at the moment.

Personally, I would eliminate the belt, bring the IC title to Raw, and add a Cruiserweight division and belt to Smackdown. Cruiserweights: Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Primo, Chavo, Rey, Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel, Yoshi, Bareta, Epico, and Hunico. That is a solid division.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Rey is a multi time World Champion, there is no way he would go down to Cruiserweight title

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Since when do people care about Belts in wwe? The WWE Champion is hated by half of the IWC and is facing a 60+ year old at EC, the world Heavyweight champion is a broken-down old man on the bad side of 30, The IC Champ is over as fuck, yet WWE dont give a shit, the US champ is a legend, but yet again the WWE don't give a shit and the tag team and divas titles are a laugh.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree, he shouldn't have been World Champion, but he was, and WWE won't diminish his record by putting him there when he is supposed to be this guy who can beat Jack Swagger

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm wondering that myself, WWE has got plenty of good wrestlers in midcard division. Perhaps WWE is afraid of their midcard guys outshining the main eventers if they give these midcard guys a lot of focus, i don't know.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
They should spend the time they spend every week on these backstage segments with him and the Divas on giving him a feud, with Dragon as champ you should a have great US title feud every month. DiBiase, Alex Riley, R-Truth, Tyson Kidd, Zach Ryder, Evan Bourne, McGillicutty, Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust and Tarver should all be chasing this title, they could also add some main eventers that aren't currently doing much in title picture in US title feuds.

·
Registered
816 Posts
They should spend the time they spend every week on these backstage segments with him and the Divas on giving him a feud, with Dragon as champ you should a have great US title feud every month. DiBiase, Alex Riley, R-Truth Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, McGillicutty, Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust and Tarver should all be chasing this title, they could also add some main eventers that aren't currently doing much in title picture in US title feuds.
Good post. They should make the belts something worth giving a fuck about again. It's hard to take a belt seriously when no one has so much as tried to challenge the champion in months. Have 4 or 5 guys chasing the mid card title at once, tie it into fueds, make it an integral and important part of the show. Daniel Bryan is one of the best, if not the best wrestler in the WWE. Have him put on impressive matches week in and week out with the rest of the mid card, actually utilize this man's talent to put himself and the belt over instead of basically just having him there to take up space in the roster and collect dust along with the belt.

Reactions: sean 590

·
Registered
40 Posts
I strongly dislike how the belts are given very little meaning. All that is needed is for solid 10 min matches and a good amount of defences each month. should be known as the "pure wrestling title" imo for those who just like the stuff in the ring without any writer bs

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Bourne takes it off Danielson in some sort of multi-man match upon his return. There were rumors that he was going to win the belt before DB was re-hired and then more rumors that Bourne is in for a big push when he gets back so it's possible.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I agree, he shouldn't have been World Champion, but he was, and WWE won't diminish his record by putting him there when he is supposed to be this guy who can beat Jack Swagger
He went back to wrestling for the IC title after being a World Champ - so why not?

If they treated it like a legitimate division, it'd definitely be something he could be involved in.

That said, I don't think it would be any better - so no I wouldn't like to see that.

As for the US title and it's lack of reason to exist... this is just the way the midcard belts have been for a while now.

They run hot for a few months with some big matches for them - then nothing for ages.

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
No one on Raw is over enough as a heel to feud with Danielson sadly. He went through all his challengers early on in his reign.
The only way you could get a good feud is by either turning him heel or bringing someone down from the title picture to feud with him.

The WWE obviously shouldn't do either of those things so hes stuck with the Bellas Angle

1 - 20 of 37 Posts