Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly think Cena is not there to bring prestige to the belt, but to start the unifying process. At Wrestlemania it will be champ Cena vs whoever is the WWE champ.

Am I stupid and ignorant to think this way?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I honestly think Cena is not there to bring prestige to the belt, but to start the unifying process. At Wrestlemania it will be champ Cena vs whoever is the WWE champ.

WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE! Read my topic I have similar thoughts!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
you worked harder on yours. :D

Honestly, it's what's best for buisness. Since when does a main event title open a PPV?
It's such a coincidence that we have a similar thought! I swear I made my thread and then saw that you also have a similar thread!

And I agree bro, it is best for business. The world title match being the first match on the show (like it happened at Battleground) was ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
And who do you think will be the one to unify those titles?

:cena5

It's not always the guy you think it's going to be. Steve Austin, The Rock, and Kurt Angle were all in contention for the two world titles at Vengeance 2001, yet Chris Jericho ended up walking out the ultimate champion that night.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's not too late for WWE to push someone such as Wade Barrett or some other extremely underutilized talent that has charisma and solid in-ring abilities to throw a unified title belt on. That would build instant credibility for whoever that is and would not hurt the merging of the titles considering it's of the two biggest titles in wrestling history. Problem is, WWE will probably throw such a title on somebody typical and "safe."

·
Registered
880 Posts
The table is already set and the story practically writes itself. No way is Super Cena losing that match to Del Rio, and then he can turn right around and claim that he never received his rightful rematch for the WWE title after Daniel Bryan beat him at Summerslam. Dark days are ahead, my friends. Dark days indeed.

·
Registered
880 Posts
^I'm thinking they'll either do a triple threat match or unify the titles before Mania. Possibly at the Rumble. The brand extension has been dead for a year and a half, so it makes no sense to have 2 world titles anymore, especially when they are suffering from such a lack of solid main event players.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts

wwe likes having 2 titles. it helps with the touring

i'd like to see one main title though. atleast wwe has finally defined the wwe title as the best title in the company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wwe likes having 2 titles. it helps with the touring

i'd like to see one main title though. atleast wwe has finally defined the wwe title as the best title in the company.

That used to be true but on the April UK tour the then whc Dolph ziggler was on the same show as cena and no title on the smack down live event.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
InterContinential Championship is beyond saving right now. That being the 2nd title won't help a whole iota

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It's been needing to happen for a long time now. No need for two main titles anymore and The Big Gold Belt has been degraded for long enough. If it happens they need to simply retire one of the belts and not call it the unified title, but either the WWE champion or WHC. I wish they would use the Big Gold Belt as the only major title, but know they won't so I would rather it be retired and presented to Ric Flair since he is the one that made it so prestigious in the first place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts