Unify the World Titles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if the WWE is going full steam and unifying the brands, they may as well unify the brands as well. They're kind of on a shortage of main eventers today, so it wouldn't be bad. It would also make the IC/US Titles have a lot more meaning and importance, being the secondary titles in the company. So, how bout it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have wanted this for some time now, especially now with no Edge, Y2J, Taker & Batista around. One world title is how it should be and I would unify US & IC too and bring back cruiserweight & hardcore.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, cool. Cena vs Orton at every PPV for the next 10 years, fucking amazing idea.
Bitching. There you go again.

It wouldn't have to be Cena Vs Orton at every PPV ya know.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yeah, cool. Cena vs Orton at every PPV for the next 10 years, fucking amazing idea.
The sad thing is this is probably true. Or at least every PPV main event would feature Cena, Orton, or Triple H.

Wanna see Dolph Ziggler vs CM Punk for the belt? No chance, unless it's a triple threat that one of those mentioned can be inserted to.

Other than that, it would be a great idea.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nope. It gives us fans more things to be interested in. I used to want to unify them but I compare it to Smackdown. When they created it we had a whole new show to watch and be interested in- it was more entertainment. The two titles are the same thing. Plus it gives guys who can't get the the WWE Title a belt to win and possibly elevate them to the WWE title because of credibility.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't think this Supershow thing is ending the brand split, it's just temporary (to make more draw by advertising more stars).

Unifying the titles would mean either the main event get cluttered with too many contenders OR it waters down to 2 or 3 all going for the only meaningful title on the whole damn show. Both are just miserable situations and should be avoided like a hotel sink after Kelly Kelly is done with it

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well heres the problem with that argument. If i remember correctly, Cena and Orton have been in the title match at every PPV since Orton moved to Smackdown.

At least if there was one title, at least one of them wouldn't be in the title hunt most at some point. But for as it stands now do you really see anytime in the near future where Cena and Orton wouldnt be in the main event for their respective brands?

Ya sure if there was a title unification it would probably have to be Orton vs. Cena and they could make a big deal out of it. But after that feud ended you would at least see one of them moving up and down the card.

In my opinion unifying the belts would be the only way to see Cena or Orton feud with someone not for the title on a consistent basis, where as it stands now I don't see Orton or Cena not either holding the strap for feuding for it for a long time.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not bitching at all, I'm calling unify the titles a stupid move. I don't have to bitch because thankfully the WWE isn't doing it.

It wouldn't HAVE to be, but what company are you watching? Have you learned ANYTHING?
The WWE would not do Orton Vs Cena. They've done that enough and they know it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It's a lose lose situation. If it stays the way it is we get world title matches that aren't world title quality. In the last year and a bit the world title has been held by Kane, Rey, Swagger, Christian, Henry, and Orton. Could we live without those title reigns? hell yes we could. It's the B belt, it's a joke, anyone can win it, it is where guys who were never good enough to have a title get to have their pity run with it.

The problem is the WWE title belongs to Cena, others get to have it for a month every once in a while but it always ends up on Cena again in boring fashion. This won't change if there's only one belt and of course that boring waste of time Orton has to keep up so he'll always be right there. With one world title it will actually mean something if an up and coming star wins it, problem is they may never actually win it. It would put an end to these annoying pity reigns though.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again: there's not enough good talent on that roster to justify 2 world titles. This isn't 2003 when the roster was stacked from top to bottom. They're not going to do Cena vs Orton at every ppv either.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i actually have no problem with the WHC sticvking around since henry has it

but people here and in wwe have to understand that the prestige of that title is shot.... SHOT

its barely a step above the IC title... once people start accepting that, then ill be fine with a non merger

·
Registered
511 Posts
The WHC title is what the IC title was during the Attitude era.

They unified the titles, Bruck Lesnar won the title and became a SmackDown exclusive.

The WCW was brought back as the WHC and unified with the IC title shortly there after.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Make the Intercontinental mean something again, get Rhodes and Orton feuding over it. Orton holding the Intercontinental title would make it seem a bit more big time again. With one title, it would make it seem more special in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I don't think they should do that anymore. There was a time where I would say yes, but now you can't do that. WWE has faith in only maybe 4 or 5 guys to be the champ on a regular basis. If you limit it to only one then guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus will be champion all the time. Not too many younger guys would get the chance to become the champion. Plus the title holder changes like a hot potato currently, so imagine if there was only one belt to fight for. Someone would hold the belt for 3 months at the max. At least with two titles it gives a chance to someone else. WWE can take a chance at a young and upcoming guy and give him a run with the title. They did this for Punk in 08, Miz in 10 etc. Having the same guys hold the title gets boring.

In the 90's it was fine to have just one title because new stars were being built, and there were legitimately 6, 7 or maybe 8 guys who could realistically be champion. Now there's maybe 4 guys and the star power is not there anymore. Two titles at least helps the WWE try and create new stars. If there was only 1 title, then it would take a lot longer for WWE to create new stars.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't think they should do that anymore. There was a time where I would say yes, but now you can't do that. WWE has faith in only maybe 4 or 5 guys to be the champ on a regular basis. If you limit it to only one then guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus will be champion all the time. Not too many younger guys would get the chance to become the champion. Plus the title holder changes like a hot potato currently, so imagine if there was only one belt to fight for. Someone would hold the belt for 3 months at the max. At least with two titles it gives a chance to someone else. WWE can take a chance at a young and upcoming guy and give him a run with the title. They did this for Punk in 08, Miz in 10 etc. Having the same guys hold the title gets boring.

In the 90's it was fine to have just one title because new stars were being built, and there were legitimately 6, 7 or maybe 8 guys who could realistically be champion. Now there's maybe 4 guys and the star power is not there anymore. Two titles at least helps the WWE try and create new stars. If there was only 1 title, then it would take a lot longer for WWE to create new stars.
So why can't the world titles be unified and the IC\US titles be brought up in impotance? IC\US should be for the experimental champ.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts