Wrestling Forum banner

Will the Divas Title merge with the Women's Title??

• Yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing this segment from Summerslam, it seems that the WWE will merge the Divas and Women's Title and make it inter-promotional. If this happens, this could be the best thing WWE has did with the divas division in a long time.

Discuss.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Re: Unified Women's Championship on the horizon??

Why end there? End the brand split, unify all the titles, and push the mid card.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
no. it was done because the next payperview is the night of champions pay-per-view. it is to build up a triple threat melina vs michelle vs layla

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
This is not a spoiler. It reveals nothing.

And I think it meant that Layla or McCool will get the Diva's title since they can't technically share the Women's title as separate for both.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I do really hope the belts will get unified and wwe will take women division seriously after that. There's no point of having two women title belts if your women roster is growing thin, the question is, will all the divas be drafted to one brand or the belt will get defended in multibrand UTTC style?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
as much as i hate the current diva's merging the titles would be dumb. they need better diva's bottom line, or let gail kim become the gail kim she use to be instead of whoring around with the bella twins

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,050 Posts
Re: Unified Women's Championship on the horizon??

Why end there? End the brand split, unify all the titles, and push the mid card.
It's pretty much impossible to do all you have said there. Pushing mid card and unifying brands don't go together very well, hell people like edge, jericho, mysterio will be permanent mid carders due to the amount of main event level talent and it will be VERY hard to get a midcarder through. Also WWE would lose lots of money since now they sell out 2 house shows a day (raw + smackdown) rather than one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yes, but mostly because I'd like to hope they'd have the unified title for the women who can wrestle, and the rest of them as valets - unless they want to learn to wrestle and not just flounce around the ring.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
They should unify them both at Night of Champions and have it like the Tag Titles because both brands are really short of Divas that can actually wrestle. Something has to come from that interaction last night.

·
714 Posts
I could see it happening. Honestly I wouldn't mind them merging the Women's Championships, but I also wouldn't mind them just keeping it the way it is.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
As soon as LayCool came out I thought they might try unify, since NOC is right around the corner. I hope they do. There aren't enough talented DIVAs on both shows to create a decent division. Have one title (maybe on Smackdown) and put Michelle, Layla, Beth, Melina, Nattie and Serena in the division. That ought to create some decent matches.

Oh and if they do...get rid of the puke butterfly belt...please?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Given that the wwe just seem to want as many divas onscreen as possible for as little amount of time as shown by the battle royals etc, the logical move is probably to give up on both women's titles and go with a women's tag team title instead, it would also allow some of the less capable divas got airtime without ruining an actual match if paired correctly with the right tag team partner.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
it would be cool if Laycool won it, they can finally have 2 belts for real lol

kinda off topic, but WTF was Melina wearing to the ring last night?

she looked like sum mascot at sum cheap chicken restaurant

1 - 20 of 31 Posts