Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i recall correctly Cena and Outunga lost their championship on october 25 survivor series is november 24. So theoritically speaking if john screws over randy he can come the nxt day team up with outunga win them back. Correct me if im wrong and discuss wether this you think this will happen

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
i dnt follow?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I think he's saying if Cena gets fierd he could use his Tag Title rematch claus as a loophole to stay in the WWE

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I think he's saying if Cena gets fierd he could use his Tag Title rematch claus as a loophole to stay in the WWE
They could use that I suppose. That's another option they have, especially seeing as they've flirted with Otunga trying to breakout of the group.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could see in the raw afterwards, john and otounga wrestle slater and gabriel for the championships. As its looks cena is going superman barret comes out only to meet an rko by orton

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I could see in the raw afterwards, john and otounga wrestle slater and gabriel for the championships. As its looks cena is going superman barret comes out only to meet an rko by orton
If anything, I'd rather he show up for a tag match and get cheated by Nexus, and lose. Then the next week they could have him in the crowd as a fan, and run in and attack Nexus like Harris and McGillicutty did to him. After that, he could get hired to a personal services contract by Randy Orton and be on TV that way, like Alex Riley is hired by Miz. Lots of things they can do every week, to have him fired but still visible. Then he can later be reinstated by Vince whenever he comes back.

Or he could just screw Orton over and keep his job. Whatever works.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
That's actually a pretty good idea. Cena calls the match fairly and Orton retains. Next night's Raw has Cena being fire (ratings), but then a couple of weeks later he comes back using his tag match rematch clause with Otunga. Otunga and Cena call Barrett stupid for trying to make examples out of them and it's his own fault that Cena is able to come back.

Otunga + Cena vs Nexus with Cena and Otunga being victorious

The end.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
This is terrible. Damn, I hate the rematch clause. It gives creative yet another reason to not be creative and have wrestlers fight through 3 PPV's for no real good reason.

I hope this doesn't happen.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I don't see Wade Barrett losing, so I'm not sure we have to get more into it then that IMO.

But this does sound justifiable, for the record.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
It's possible.

David Otunga, in some form or fashion, is John Cena's ticket to leaving Nexus and staying in the WWE.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
This is terrible. Damn, I hate the rematch clause. It gives creative yet another reason to not be creative and have wrestlers fight through 3 PPV's for no real good reason.

I hope this doesn't happen.
Well technically it allows for one more match, that's it, and even then, only in the event of a title change. If the challenger fails to win he should have to start from scratch to earn another and if there is a title change, the former champion should get one chance to win it back before going back to the bottom of the pile (that's not entirely true of course, a former world champion will be well ahead of the jobbers and lower mid-carders in the pecking order).

Responding to the OP's question, it's an interesting idea but it does mean using Otunga in a semi-prominant role which I'm against on principle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i wouldnt want this to happen because i would like to see john cena turn heel, but i think this is how they should do it if they want to keep him a face.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'm a little confused here, the OP sounds like if Orton loses and Cena is NOT fired, he and Otunga can use the rematch clause to win back what was taken from them as a way to stick it to the Nexus and take away their ability to appear on any show. This is possible.

However after that first post, it sounds like Fu ko and everyone else meant if Cena allows Orton to win, not screwing him, getting fired and then using the rematch clause as a loophole. In my opinion, that should not happen, being fired should overrule the rematch clause entirely, the clause should be a right to current employees only.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Hmm that's actually great thinking dude. Props!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
eh.

in my opinion, if the WWE had anyone mildly intelligent writing the contracts, they would put in that the rematch clause is only allowed if you are still employed by the WWE, and can't be used as a way to hold on to your contract.

that seems a little stupid if you ask me. if you're fired, you're fired. you lose whatever you have. you can fire someone WITH a title, how could you not fire someone who just happens to have a clause for a rematch?

you can vacate a title, i'm pretty sure you can "vacate" a rematch clause.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
floyd i ment if orton wins and barret fires him he can use his title rematch clause and win to stay in the wwe. But for this to happen otounga has to get kicked out of nexus or wade pisses him off to the max

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
floyd i ment if orton wins and barret fires him he can use his title rematch clause and win to stay in the wwe. But for this to happen otounga has to get kicked out of nexus or wade pisses him off to the max
Oh, okay. So if this was actually possible, then wouldn't Cena then be fired again after he loses the title?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lets say this all plays out, the gm would have actualy already fired john cena and this would be him firing him for not following wade barrets orders. so technecaly it would b him coming back through a loophole not staying through a loophole

1 - 19 of 19 Posts