Wrestling Forum banner

Undisputed-Chris Jericho book

6390 Views 34 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Anguyen92
Got the new chris jericho book on sunday and finished it yesterday.its not as big as the bret hart book but about 400 pages or so which means its left for another book and thats the way its set up

Anyways

Its a great book much much better then chris first book.Jericho has a funny sence of humour and the stories with Vince and Jerichos relationship is interesting as you see it grow.

Overall 2nd best wrestling book...still cant beat Bret Harts book but I highly recommened Undisputed.its great
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Masonic!
1,577 Posts
If it's better than the second then it must be good.

This is from his WWE debut until he left in 2006 right?

I'll look forward to his next book.

· Registered
911 Posts
Just got mine in mail yesterday and half way done with it, so far so good.

Overall 2nd best wrestling book...still cant beat Bret Harts book but I highly recommened Undisputed.its great
I like Jericho's because it has humor. how's bret's book? Does he show humor, is he serious, is there any good stories about the boys in the back. I like stories :p

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Yeah, Brets is still the best by a longshot IMO, but both of Jerichos are brilliant.

Funny, witty, and give a great inside look into the wrestling world and Vince McMahan.

The chapter on Beniot is worth the money for the book altogether, chilling.

Jericho knew deep down as soon as he heard that Beniot had murdered his wifr and son and it wasnt an accident.

· Registered
955 Posts
Great read honestly. Good insights, great insider jokes and references. And you learn so much more than just watching the clips. I had no idea he wrote all his own promos and only had them checked by Russo, or that for the first big chunk of his WWE debut Vince hated him. Honestly it was so funny that I was reading it in Barnes and Noble during a Q&A with an author and kept laughing out loud and getting complaints. From the author. Who was talking about her family history of being slaves. It was so fuckin awkward. Totally worth it though. Anyway great book

· Registered
955 Posts
I just realized all of you seem to enjoy Brett's book the most but I found it really dry. Foley's books were good reads with very personal feels. Jericho's 2nd book so far is so personal you can hear him saying the lines. Honestly, I feel the way I did about Brett's career, but about his book. Solid, fundamental shit that you can learn from but half the time I'm engaging in enjoying wrestling I'm stoned. Go, Jericho, Go FTW!

· Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I enjoyed the book, but not as much as I did the first. The first IMO is better because there is a journey for chris to make it to the WWE and more hardships. In his second book he already has it made. The son of a bitch got to meet Axl fucking Rose.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
Just imagine if Jericho had appeared on WWE TV to promote the book. The book made the NY Times bestsellers list as it is. His book as #13. Probably be in the top 10 if he had appeared on RAW to promote it. But anyways I look forward to reading it.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
i just finished it. pretty damn awesome. never realised he went through so much shit in his first run and vince never considered him a top guy. makes his last run pretty amazing as he was more than a top guy, he was like the MVP of the whole company.
some great stories in it, triple H, Nash and scott hall come off as massive dicks.

· The Knight
2,085 Posts
I downloaded it, and read it in a couple of days. Really good read, it was interesting to hear about all the stuff he'd gone through and how he had to change himself to make it in the WWE. As said above, Triple H comes off looking like a twat, plus Vince's behaviour was pretty erratic. Can't wait to hear more about his absolutely recent stuff in his next one.

· Ichi Bakayaro
8,878 Posts
Got his first book when it came out, met him and got it signed. Loved the book and meeting him was a thrill. He's one of the coolest people you could meet.

Just got the new one last week, and also met him again and got it signed. I just finished reading the first one again, about to start on Undisputed tonight.

· Banned
426 Posts
I read the first chapter, the last two chapters, and bits of other chapters.

One thing that really disturbed me is that he said that when he heard Benoit and his family had died, right away he though Benoit had killed them (before anyone knew that). He never said why he thought that though.

· Banned
426 Posts
The chapter on Beniot is worth the money for the book altogether, chilling.

Jericho knew deep down as soon as he heard that Beniot had murdered his wifr and son and it wasnt an accident.
Oops, I see that someone already said that.

I'm thinking, why didn't Jericho tell Vince McMahon what he thought happened, so they could not go on RAW that night and do a tribute to Benoit. They could have just cancelled the show, and then if it wasn't ruled a murder, could have had a tribute show the next week.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
Oops, I see that someone already said that.

I'm thinking, why didn't Jericho tell Vince McMahon what he thought happened, so they could not go on RAW that night and do a tribute to Benoit. They could have just cancelled the show, and then if it wasn't ruled a murder, could have had a tribute show the next week.
apprently regal said, when on the show that benoit wasnt the guy everyone thought he was.. regal seemed to of guessed it to.

jericho said he was asked to do another tribute show on smackdown but he didnt want to do anything until he knew for sure what happened.

· Banned
426 Posts
apprently regal said, when on the show that benoit wasnt the guy everyone thought he was.. regal seemed to of guessed it to.
I know Jericho said that in his book, but that's not what Regal actually said. I noticed that too. Jericho should have really gone on Youtube to see what Regal said instead of going from memory. Here is what Regal said, watch it for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3OQAL22T8

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.