Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this thread has been done before I apologize. Of the 20-0 streak Taker's compiled, which match was your favorite? I just watched his match vs HBK, and I gotta say, I think it was both of their best Mania matches. 30 minutes of pure entertainmet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why such a big deal of the streak?
The matches are predetermined so its not like its his acomplishment, give credit to who came up with the idea of the streak

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
as a match I think vs hbk wm25 is the best

but for storyline I liked their match at wm26 the most. It had more emotions than their first at wm25.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Vs. HHH at WM27. Absolutely brutal match finisher trades were extraordinary cuz pedigree kayfabe is one of the strongest moves ever, and when HHH did the tombstone everyone and their mom thought it was over. The Hells Gate finisher was unpredictable as well

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
The matches are predetermined so its not like its his acomplishment, give credit to who came up with the idea of the streak
wut?

i actually preferred the second hbk/taker match from a re-watchability standpoint. i know it wasn't as good based on the fact that it was pretty obvious as to what would happen, but i did think it was great as being hyped up (whether we wanted to believe it or not) as hbk's last match. i also thought the match itself was a little more exciting and i liked the action a little more. with that said, they were both great, and while i thought it was a sad ploy for buys, his 3rd match against hhh was pretty cool too.

i just felt like after the first match with hbk, it was pretty much settled..... no one is beating undertaker at WM, so it comes down to which match entertained you the most.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never said anything about the streak being a big deal, we all know matches are predetermined(duh), why on earth would anyone give credit to whoever came up with the streak? It was just a question, answer it, or go to another thread. :flip

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
My personal top 5 are

1. Vs Shawn Michaels (WM25)
2. Vs HHH (WM28)
3. Vs Shawn Michaels (WM26)
4. Vs Punk (WM29)
5. Vs HHH (WM17)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wut?

i actually preferred the second hbk/taker match from a re-watchability standpoint. i know it wasn't as good based on the fact that it was pretty obvious as to what would happen, but i did think it was great as being hyped up (whether we wanted to believe it or not) as hbk's last match. i also thought the match itself was a little more exciting and i liked the action a little more. with that said, they were both great, and while i thought it was a sad ploy for buys, his 3rd match against hhh was pretty cool too.

i just felt like after the first match with hbk, it was pretty much settled..... no one is beating undertaker at WM, so it comes down to which match entertained you the most.
That match was awesome. Both kicked out the others finishers(I thought Shawn was done after the first tombstone pile driver), and your right it was obvious what would happen, but it had drama, excitement, and entertainment all over it. Michaels went out like the showstopper he is.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as a match I think vs hbk wm25 is the best

but for storyline I liked their match at wm26 the most. It had more emotions than their first at wm25.
Absolutely agree.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never said anything about the streak being a big deal, we all know matches are predetermined(duh), why on earth would anyone give credit to whoever came up with the streak? It was just a question, answer it, or go to another thread. :flip
Why give that person credit? Really?

Top 5 historical moments in wrestlinG that's been talked about over the years

Hogan vs andre
Nwo
Wwe buys wcw
Dx
And the streak

The creator should get his credit for that

Another thread ? Which of the hundred threads about the streak should i go to?

·
Registered
850 Posts
For me personally, Punk vs. Taker was magical... I was speechless throughout the entire thing and all I could muster at the end was "Wow", IMO my favorite match of the decade

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.