Wrestling Forum banner

Undertaker's WM Opponent Revealed

9292 134
spoiler regarding Undertakers wrestlemania match, plans changed

WWE Changes Plans For Undertaker’s Return, WrestleMania Match
February 9, 2011
By Brian Cantor

With Undertaker’s return apparently just weeks away, WWE has again changed plans for his big WrestleMania match.

After tentatively locking in Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett, the company has reportedly decided to go in a different direction, explains the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The specifics are unknown, but WWE again wants to spotlight Undertaker’s match as the featured attraction on the show.

As of press time, the belief was that it still will not involve Brock Lesnar but that the bout will feature Hall of Fame inductee Shawn Michaels in some capacity.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Re: spoiler regarding Undertakers wrestlemania match, plans changed

So 'Taker vs. HHH then? With Shawn as referee.

·
Registered
908 Posts

Thank god they got Barrett out of there. Free's him up to win MITB i guess.

Taker v HHH in a 10 year replay of their WMX7 street fight with Michaels guest referee? Nice

·
Ho!
20,610 Posts

So Taker vs. Triple H with Shawn as guest referee instead of Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett? That... is... great! Better storyline, better match, better draw, overall just a better choice.

Now will they turn Triple H heel? If they are ever going to turn him heel again, against Taker is the only chance they'll have to do it convincingly and to get the fans against Triple H.

And just realized it's ten years after their original Mania match. So it should be interesting to see.

That being said, I hope this means Barrett is winning MITB, or he'll be involved in the world title feud and win the strap at Mania. If they just throw him in some random undercard feud, I'll be pissed. Though I suppose the potential Corre vs. Nexus feud is a bit interesting if you get past the fact they are both heel groups. But then that all depends where they go with Punk/Orton.

Really, I just don't know what's going to happen as it relates to that.

·
The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts

It could definitely make sense, especially with Shawn getting inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. Shawn counting the 1-2-3 on Triple H putting over Taker again would be pretty damn big.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

SEE THIS IS HOW THE STING RUMORS GOT STARTED PEOPLE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!

TRIPLE H WAS NOT MENTIONED AT ALL IN THIS DIRTSHEET REPORT. SO JUST CAUSE HBK MAY BE INVOLVED WE ALL ASSUME HHH WILL BE?

IM SURE TRIPLE H WILL COME BACK AND FORGET ALL ABOUT SHEAMUS LAYING HIM OUT

FROM A STORYLINE STANDPOINT, HHH HAS NOT RESOLVED HIS FEUD WITH SHEAMUS

·
Banned
3,179 Posts

SEE THIS IS HOW THE STING RUMORS GOT STARTED PEOPLE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!

TRIPLE H WAS NOT MENTIONED AT ALL IN THIS DIRTSHEET REPORT. SO JUST CAUSE HBK MAY BE INVOLVED WE ALL ASSUME HHH WILL BE?

IM SURE TRIPLE H WILL COME BACK AND FORGET ALL ABOUT SHEAMUS LAYING HIM OUT

FROM A STORYLINE STANDPOINT, HHH HAS NOT RESOLVED HIS FEUD WITH SHEAMUS
Turn your capslock off, you fucking idiot.

OT: Pretty sure it isn't a spoiler if it's complete dirtsheet bullshit.

Like, right now if I said "Undertaker's streak will be ended at Wrestlemania by John Cena, in which Cena will turn heel."
It wouldn't be a spoiler, it'd be complete bullshit.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

thats great news, I would've had no interest in barett vs undertaker.
the best scenario that comes to mind for a match would be:
Undertaker Vs Diesel w/HBK special referee (maybe add big show to the mix).

No need to get HHH involved, keep him paired up with sheamus.

·
Administrator
83,062 Posts

If it's not Taker/HHH, the only other match with HBK as special referee that I could see is Taker/Diesel. The match will suck, but the dynamic will be awesome.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Perhaps WWE will swerve us and have Morrison win the Elimination Chamber match.

Leading to Taker's return on 21.2.11 to pick John Cena as his WM27 opponent - as technically when Taker was buried, Cena was a part of the Nexus. I know Cena didn't bury Taker but what if Cena gave Nexus the idea to take out the Undertaker. This may seem a bit far fetched but it kind of makes sense?

Anyway I'd have these matches at WMXXVII:

WRESTLEMANIA UNDEFEATED STREAK ON THE LINE
John Cena vs. Undertaker
(perhaps with HBK as the referee - as he has history with both men)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
The Miz (champ) vs. John Morrison

That's what I'd like to see at WMXXVII.

·
FOTC
12,464 Posts

If they ditch HHH/Sheamus it would be a waste of building Sheamus as the King of the Ring. Triple H needs to do the right thing and job to Sheamus at Wrestlemania 27.

If they need a simple reason as to why Taker would choose John Cena at WM it's simple: Taker can say he's never faced Cena at WM and wants to add him to the streak. For so long we had guys challenging Taker's streak; it would be interesting if Taker took his streak to someone.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

If it does happen to be Triple H it could make for a cool build-up.

HHH like HBK last year is obsessed with ending The Undertaker's streak, HBK his friend tries to convince the Game that there's no hard feeling towards the man that retired him and asks him to leave Undertaker alone. HHH turns heel and turns his back on the man he once ran riot with as D-Generation X together, he refuses to induct Shawn into the Hall Of Fame.

An equally fought match between The Game and The Deadman leaves the referee for the match Shawn Michaels the ultimate decision: To have his friend fall victim to the Deadman because he didn't induct him into the Hall Of Fame? or end the streak of the Phenom that ended the career of the Showstopper?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

HHH vs. Taker is the best match possible after Cena/Taker. I think the feud would be very good especially if we see HHH as a heel.

Adding HBK as the ref also puts a interesting spin on things...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.