Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is looking more and more like the coming Wrestlemania will be Undertaker's last. With that in mind, I was thinking that it makes no sense for WWE to keep the streak intact. I'm sure a lot of wrestling fans would like to see Undertaker retire with a perfect streak, but it is a little pointless. Undertaker will be regarded as a legend in this business, whether he has the streak or not. It makes no difference to his career when he retires and once he does, it'll have no use in the wrestling world.

I believe that WWE should give someone reliable the rub to end Taker's streak so that the winner can then make more money for the wrestling business and be billed as "the man that broke Undertaker's streak".

I'm not 100% who I'd choose personally to break the streak but I think that Randy Orton is pretty high up my list. I know some people will say that he isn't reliable but he has definately grown up in recent years as well as him being one of the youngest WWE Main-eventers.

x

Reactions: Akihiko

·
Registered
603 Posts
No he will go down as undefeated at Wrestlemania.

It is part of his legend now. He will forever be known as the guy that went (INSERT NUMBER) - 0 at WM. Perhaps if WWE survives in the distant future someone will come close to rivaling the number with a similar undefeated gimmick.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be silly to end it when they can bring it back in a year or twos time after he retires for a big-draw one-off match and things like that.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
it won't be his last.

even if they have to give him the entire year off until the Royal Rumble of next year to start a feud with someone for the next years WM, this isn't going to be his last.

come on, 19-0? what the fuck is that shit. literally, if they asked the Undertaker about it, he would say, "what the fuck is that shit?" it's going to be 20-0 or 19-1, but realistically, 20-0. no one stops at 19, The Undertaker won't stop at 19, WWE won't stop at 19. Undertaker could easily just disappear for a goddamned year and just show up all of a sudden and be like "Wrestlemania, let's go lol!" and it'd still be huge, because its the Undertaker.

this won't be his last.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
it won't be his last.

even if they have to give him the entire year off until the Royal Rumble of next year to start a feud with someone for the next years WM, this isn't going to be his last.

come on, 19-0? what the fuck is that shit. literally, if they asked the Undertaker about it, he would say, "what the fuck is that shit?" it's going to be 20-0 or 19-1, but realistically, 20-0. no one stops at 19, The Undertaker won't stop at 19, WWE won't stop at 19. Undertaker could easily just disappear for a goddamned year and just show up all of a sudden and be like "Wrestlemania, let's go lol!" and it'd still be huge, because its the Undertaker.

this won't be his last.
This. Every single time.

There is no way that Taker is going to allow himself to retire before 20-0. He'd have to die not to make it to Wrestlemania 28, and as we all know, that's actually impossible.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I don't believe his streak will be ended, first of all. But, if it were to be ended, I'd like to see Ted Dibiase (it makes sense), or any rising star the who WWE wants to/thinks they could carry the company for years. Obviously, it would be someone who they think VERY high of.

I don't think the streak being ended would actually hurt his legacy amongst people, either. I mean, Fedor lost to Fabricio Werdum and people still say ''This man went 10 years without defeat.'' Muhammad Ali didn't retire undefeated, and some still see him as the greatest boxer of all time.

Random thought: I believe if Brock Lesnar was still in the WWE, the WWE would have at least highly considered having him end The Undertaker's streak.

·
Registered
275 Posts
His streak shouldn't and won't end. He will retire undefeated at wrestlemania and that is exactly the way it should end. I can't see next wrestlemania being his last either, even if he has to take the majority of the year off I can't see him retiring before 20-0.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
I disagree with the above posters. I want to see his career end as 19-1. It's probably not going to happen.

For the man to end it? Tough choice but i'd choose Goldberg.

One can dream.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My guess is, he has got 2 wrestling matches left... both at WM...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Can someone seriously explain to me why 20-0 is so much better than 19-0. The "round number" notion is complete bull. Is 20-0 better than 21-0 too? You keep the streak going as long as you can. If you can't make it to 20, so be it.

Nobody looks down on Orel Hershiser's single-season scoreless inning streak of 59 because it's "not 60". That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
he should win at the years WM
take a break for a year
and come back for his last match and win for it to be 20-0

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Taker is that big he doesnt even need to be on tv. Or even mentioned untill February. Have whoever is going to wrestle taker lose their world title and Wrestlemania spot by losing in elimination chamber. So on the next Smackdown. I may have lost my title but ive decided im aiming for something bigger this year i want the STREAK!!. One more week of building up how taker hasnt responded then the week after interrupting his match chokeslamming him to hell in a symbolic your on fashion. Then Taker vs ??? match a Wrestlemania. 3 appearances 1 match. 20-0.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,907 Posts
I still think you can have the best of both worlds in the Undertaker match went to a double KO with a big move like a reversed tombstone from the middle rope and both men can't answer a ten count.

·
Registered
799 Posts
so many threads based on the Undertakers streak has been created.

I am hoping Undertaker retires without his streak being broken, as there is no wrestler that you can see is credible enough or big enough to break his streak.

WWE is not clever at pushing the younger guys good enough. There is talent but no credibility

I wouldn't have mind if HBK was the one to break his streak last year, but now there is no legends pratically, apart from 2 wrestlers currently in WWE

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
If anyone could break the The Undertaker's streak it would have to be an up and coming Wrestler who would benefit greatly from it and not something that the crowd would forget a couple of months after, so I guess it would have to be broken by another supernatural character which don't really work today due to kayfabe not being what it usd to be and I honestly cant see someone playing it so well like The Undertaker did with his character. Let The Undertaker retire undefeated at WrestleMania.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts