Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For years WWE championship belts have been irrelevant and worthless. Every former champion from the Pre-PG eras have sacrificed their bodies in vein.WWE has turned their respected championship belts that Legends like Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, HBK,Eddie Guerrero etc;into stage props.Its so bad that competing for a championship belt is just not enough to sell a match. There has to be a good reason for someone to challenge the champ,some sort of "logicall beef".Bullnuts, the belts, specifically the WWE belt should be good enough reason for two wrestlers (even 2 faces,yes)to fued, everything else as far as story will fgall into place.Its sad when you have to make up a story line to sell and carry a top championship that know really cares about.But recently there a hint of hope for some titles today.

IMO, the tag team titles are on fire!! They clearly have the best potential to fully reclaime its status it had when teams like 3D, Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian fought back and forth over them.With new champions in the overly over face team theRhodes Bros. the title will just keep building in momentum,momentum that Kane and Daniel started and Seth and Roman mantained, and with a couple impressive tag teams stepping up big time, the division has a bright future to look forward to.

The WHC has never really been any significance since maybe when Triple H had it....wouldnt let it go for a while....a wwwwhile...but still I dont know. Anyways, what I can say for sure is right now the WHC needs some much needed prestige to make it relevant again...and....I hate to say it but John cena is the perfect choice. Yea his healing powers are questionable and it is Cena, Super Saiyin Cena, the who main events over anything and everything, yea his character fucc it. and i some ppl bitch about him not earning a title shot and coming straight from being injured thrust into an immediate title match is unfair and makes no since.I agree but what i dont agree with is Cena having a reason, a legitimate beef with ADR to want to take his title so the fued will makes sense.....really....how about with no new contenders for ADR and maybe while Cena was in surgery he told God that if he made it he would humble himself and go for the WHC? IDK, I understand some people want more of a story, i kind of do, but that just shows the lak of prestige the WHC has.Cena winning THIS title isnt new but whens the last time hes been on smackdown or held the WHC? interesting. ADR has done nothing special even tho is wrestling has vastly improved and is more aggressive, still hes reign must come to an end.I dont see Sandow cashin on Cena and winning the Belt but you never know.....hmmmmm also what will the main-event be? If Cena wins Does the WHC surpass the WWE championship?

The U.S and I.C belts- Dean Ambrose, awesome champion but could some one remind him he is the U.S champion. Sorry if im wrong but every title defense hes had I feel like his opponents could care less about his belt, they just beat him up for picking on them for months. Seriously name one wrestle that has targeted Dean specifically for the U.S belt?...? Every time he fueds with someone, theyve already been beefing, its not tell a week from the event they make a title match. Its "OH yea Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler is now for the U.S title,in three days" yea its like they almost forgot. See its not the champion that sucks and is forgettable, its the title its self. Ambrose should trade with Axcel, for real, he has done absolutely nothing with the I.C belt but wear it. Paul Heymans so caught up in a love triangle(no homoo) that even he forgets he has a client thats a Champion, not a major but a champion nun the less. I say just switch belts, no story, you dont even have to broadcast the transaction get it over with so the titles can be with heir true owners.

Divas championship-
One sec. I have to tinkle.....

WWE Championship- My God....once was my favorite championship belt...I remember as a child using my dads gym belt and drawing W-W-F/E on it and pretending I was the WWE champion.Its sad to see how far the WWE championship, the most coveted prize in sports entertainment, has fallen, it breaks my heart.So many wrestling greats contributed there lives to make the WWE Championship what it was. Now its nothing more then a prop being passed like cheap whor, with no shoulder lie over.i will give credit to Punk, he did hold the title for over a year, lackluster reign of course but he acknowledge to championship for what it really is and should be.Like when he said that he was tired of being co-main event-er when he is the WWE champion,or something to that extent. The WWE title to me at the time of punks reign, was building momentum and a bit of prestige comin back but with Cena overshadowing and keeping from main-eventing a ppv ( unless he was facing Cena)he just sounded like a champion whining for attention and respect. Now when Royal Rumble came along the Rock ended CM Punks impressive reign, I felt that brought back abit more prestige and meaning, that it was the Rock it brought a nostalgic feel too.The WWE Championships momentum was strong and significance was one wrestlemania moment away but then tragedy, no not Cenas predictable win but what could have ended Wrestlemania on a high note and elevated not only John Cenas career but would had brought the WWE championship full circle and right in the middle of the greatest controversy in Wrestlemania History.
Right after the match, when the Rock raises Cenas hand, john should of just clotheslined his ass on the canvass, thus turning heel. But the WWE didnt want to sacrifice theyre golden childs good spirit and as a result Cenas reign was the same ol ish and the WWE was losing all momentum it had gained since Punk.
today Idk, the storyline with Daniel/Orton/the Corporation is strating to drag, idk where there going with this, let alone how long.Not sure what this story-line will do for the Championship belt or Daniel Bryan who is very over now.

I do however have an idea (which has probably been discussed numerous of times) an idea that will make history,guaranteed to fully revitalize the WWE championship and make championship belts relevant once again.It will solidify the the winner, by not just winning or retaining the WWE championship but also by doing what no pro wrestler has ever done..ever!! defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.Nearly a guarantee to not happen this coming Wrestlemania, but maybe the next, whenever if ever but if so heres a possible scenario.......

Its the Royal Rumble, Randy Ortons Champ, Daniel Bryan is in the rumble. Daniel wins the Rumble.Orton successfully defends belt. Daniels runs out and he and Orton brawls, gong hits light goes out, the undertaker appears on the stage, moves his hands side to side like hinting a the Championship. scene

Adding the Undertaker into the mix shakes things up significantly, challenging orton for the title at E.C and winning would be huge for the undertaker, since he hasnt been WWE champion in years.and Daniels winning the Rumble, gives him an excuse to fued with the Undertaker. Now we have our main-event.

If the Undertaker were to ever let his streak come to an end, I believe that person whoever it is, should be the WWE champion or atleast the Undertaker but realistically the challenger would have the belt.Which is fine because coming into Wrestlemania as the champ and leaving the champ as well as the one who ended the streak, would still solidify not only the Champ but the championship belt as well. The WWE championship would be back on top as the most prestigious championship in sports-enertainment. And we'ed have the best WWE Champion we've ever had in years. It would be a shame to waste a perfect opportunity to revitalize your top Championship and pointless loss to some one who isnt even a champion.But who knows and who knows who that lucky superstar would be, I only used Orton and Daniel as an example but I could see Bryan getting a huge pop standing over Taker with the belt....yea...right

bananas

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
That is one wall of text with terrible flow and grammar.

More on topic, though, if the belt was ever part of a streak match it would just be a prop that wouldn't be given a second thought, just like Rock v Cena and Taker v Edge in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I agree that that all titles seem to have lot value, but I think the WWE Title is now strong again.

I don't feel the WWE Champion, whoever it would be, needs to beat Taker at WM. But if they are dead set on having Taker's streak end, I seriously think the WWE Champion would be a good choice. Finally it would end the perception that the part timers have more credibility than most of the roster, even the champions.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,683 Posts
I wasn't gonna try and read that whole jumbled mess of paragraphs, but I get the gist of what OP is saying. However, Taker shouldn't have to sacrifice the Streak so that YOU can be satisfied that the belts have credibility. The WWE Title has been strong for a long time, starting with Punk's epic run with it, and Cena winning the World Title will give it a much-needed boost in exposure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts