Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting this feeling, and it isn't a good feeling. If any of you were around for the fake Diesel/Razor Ramon fiasco in 96, maybe you know what I mean. Hall and Nash left WWE for the DubyahCeeDubyah, and VinMac, propped these two hosebags up as Razor and Diesel. The IWC wasn't even a thing back then and dirtsheets were hard to come by. McMahon wanted to keep buyrates up so he faked having Hall and Nash back and kayfabe being what it was some of us fell for it.

With tonight's audio only segment from the Undertaker, I'm just getting the feeling we're getting cheesedicked again. Either the Undertaker doesn't show at all at WM, or someone dressed like him shows up, drags Wyatt under the ring and we get more of the same bullshit until the storyline drags out and dies.

I think McMahon is just up to more fuckery, and we won't be seeing Take at all for WM.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

Other than watching Bork drop the belt and hopefully seeing Undertaker one more time, I could care less about WM this year, I probably wouldn't even watch. I know a lot of you dgaf about the guy, but a lot of us dinosaurs really enjoyed the 25 years and the performances he gave the business.

Registered
No. Got to give WWE credit enough to at least know that fans are too smart to buy into an imposter wrestler in this day and age.

He will be appearing as a hologram instead. The smoke on Raw was the first step in what will be Undertaker's complete physical emergence from the urn itself. At WM 31, it will be Bray vs. Taker in the first ever hologram match.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. Got to give WWE credit enough to at least know that fans are too smart to buy into an imposter wrestler in this day and age.

He will be appearing as a hologram instead. The smoke on Raw was the first step in what will be Undertaker's complete physical emergence from the urn itself. At WM 31, it will be Bray vs. Taker in the first ever hologram match.
I appreciate what you're saying. I didn't mean the fans would buy it though. Just more McMahon, they'll get what I give them and they'll like it behavior. Heh, hologram match you say... :surprise: Well I guess if Bray no sells, no one could be upset.

Registered
As a fellow dinasour who enjoyed all 25 years of his career I'm very worried. Lesnar taking his streak last year really hurt this feud which could of been a real torch passer. Not to a part timer who you never see and hasn't done one t.v. match that I can remember. While I do enjoy the network for old school content the only reason I'll be watching mania is for Taker and Sting. Sad because wrestlemania shouldn't be a nostalgia fest Jesus Christ. This product is depressing.

Registered
As a fellow dinasour who enjoyed all 25 years of his career I'm very worried. Lesnar taking his streak last year really hurt this feud which could of been a real torch passer. Not to a part timer who you never see and hasn't done one t.v. match that I can remember. While I do enjoy the network for old school content the only reason I'll be watching mania is for Taker and Sting. Sad because wrestlemania shouldn't be a nostalgia fest Jesus Christ. This product is depressing.
You're saying it shouldn't be a nostalgia fest, but old school wrestlers are such a huge draw for the casual market.

It wouldn't be Wrestlemainia without Undertaker but eventually it will be, I'm confused as to when that will happen though.

Registered
I'm getting this feeling, and it isn't a good feeling. If any of you were around for the fake Diesel/Razor Ramon fiasco in 96, maybe you know what I mean. Hall and Nash left WWE for the DubyahCeeDubyah, and VinMac, propped these two hosebags up as Razor and Diesel. The IWC wasn't even a thing back then and dirtsheets were hard to come by. McMahon wanted to keep buyrates up so he faked having Hall and Nash back and kayfabe being what it was some of us fell for it.

With tonight's audio only segment from the Undertaker, I'm just getting the feeling we're getting cheesedicked again. Either the Undertaker doesn't show at all at WM, or someone dressed like him shows up, drags Wyatt under the ring and we get more of the same bullshit until the storyline drags out and dies.

I think McMahon is just up to more fuckery, and we won't be seeing Take at all for WM.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

Other than watching Bork drop the belt and hopefully seeing Undertaker one more time, I could care less about WM this year, I probably wouldn't even watch. I know a lot of you dgaf about the guy, but a lot of us dinosaurs really enjoyed the 25 years and the performances he gave the business.
Kane played 'fake' Diesel back then by the way

Registered
I kinda wish they would retire the Undertaker persona and just have Mark Calaway wrestle as himself, with the explanation being that the Undertaker was actually an evil spirit possessing Calaway. Brock forever banished the Undertaker back to the Underworld by beating the streak and freed Calaway in the process.

Registered
I kinda wish they would retire the Undertaker persona and just have Mark Calaway wrestle as himself, with the explanation being that the Undertaker was actually an evil spirit possessing Calaway. Brock forever banished the Undertaker back to the Underworld by beating the streak and freed Calaway in the process.
lolwut?

Way to go back to the ridiculous gimmicks of the early 90's.

Registered
The Undertaker's supernatural stuff got grandfathered in and even gets used today in the so-called "Reality Era". Did you miss UT using his magic to zap Bray Wyatt's chair on Raw last night?
If they want me to believe that their is some ghost or spirit that had possessed The Undertaker but is now banished to 'the underworld' thanks to Brock Lesnar then I might as well just go back to watching Scooby Doo like i did when i was 6.

Also, you can easily explain that by not saying The Undertaker is 'magic' and can use lightning powers, but just used the environment around him to get in the head of Bray Wyatt/his opponent (when he has done similar in the past). It's not about making out he ACTUALLY has some special power, but it's about the Deadman persona.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.