Wrestling Forum banner

Undertaker's New Theme.

20445 Views 146 Replies 131 Participants Last post by  samevans10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJSaQiwK1EA

He is obviously sticking with the Johnny Cash song then as his new theme, I think it's really cool, really suits him. Obviously this may only be used once in a while but I'd be happy if they kept it.

What d'you reckon?
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I hate it. I much prefer the traditional "Graveyard Symphony". That and I'm not a Cash fan.

· Registered
584 Posts
They better stay with this one at least until Mania so i can see it live

· Registered
14 Posts
While I do think the song has a good sound to it, contrary to what alot of people may think, I do not think it fits the undertakers character. While the song's title may remind alot of wrestling fans of the undertaker, in actuality the rest of the song has absolutely nothing to do with anything the undertaker has represented over the last 20 years (I.E. darkness, pseudo satanism, grim reaper, etc.). Johnny Cash during his later years was a devout christian and he reflected that in alot of his songs and "Aint no Grave" is one of those songs. Yes I am well aware this song was released posthumously but thats not the point. The point is the lyrics of the song deals with the protestant christian rapture. I am also aware that anyone with half a brain could interpret the meaning of the lyrics of this song. My point is they shouldn't go with a song that has christian themed lyrics. I am not saying they should go with a song like Deicide's Behead the Prophet, I just think they should either continue using the funeral theme, or remix it to a different version. I know that some of you may not give a fuck about the lyrics of a theme used for a wrestler and I normally wouldn't either but this is the undertaker. For me, the undertaker is my all time favorite character and I believe that song kinda contradicts that character. Although using it in a video package to promote his return I guess is a good idea, I just don't think its a good idea if they will start using it as his permanent entrance theme.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
I think the song suits Taker really well! He needs a costume change + new entrance video in order to totally freshen up his image and sell this new character "The Last Outlaw".

On a side note: I wish that the Sting/Taker rumors would have been true! Imagine Sting entering at Mania to "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica performing live and then straight after Undertaker makes his entrance to "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Now that would have been the biggest mark-out moment in history for a lot of people (myself included)!

· Registered
317 Posts
I love the new gimmick, but more about that on the other thread.

I think it's great to have him come out to Ain't no Grave until Wrestlemania, especially as it brings up the Taker/HBK connotations. However, as epic as Johnny Cash's song is, I still find his Graveyard Symphony entrance more awe inspiring. I really hope they go back to using that when he bows out of the ring for the final time.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I dig it. I am really liking the human side he has brought back to his character as well, he just sounds much more comfortable and free. His gothic, zombie like person was really getting played out and stale. He needed to do something, and I think he and WWE have made some nice steps in the right direction.

The only thing I would like is for even a little bit more of a tweak to his gimmick to happen, maybe incorporating some more of the ABA character. He has already incorporated the leather pants again, and I would like to see the same hat he wore when he returned at Wrestlemania XX - more of a cowboy style hat to fit his "Last Outlaw" gimmick. If he rode out on a bike at Mania, I would shit my pants...willingly.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.